SportsWrath

The Rams FO is a bunch of assholes...

Nas

If you look at it as the Rams trading up in the 1st, 4th, and 6th rounds this year....it doesn't look as lopsided.

I think the only value they have gained is the value of trading up in the first.

I really don't think there is to much difference between pick 110 or 113 in the fourth and at that point it's pretty much roster/camp fodder.

Meanwhile the Titans make out with two extra second round picks and a third this year and an extra 1st next year.

At the same time the Rams need a QB to push them to the playoffs, I mean they went 8-8 with that rookie RB (Gruley?) carrying them.

They didn't "trade up" in the 4th and 6th, they got additional picks in both rounds as they still have their original 4th and 6th round picks. Really they "traded down" their two 2nd round picks, and gave up their 3rd.

They didn't "trade up" in the 4th and 6th, they got additional picks in both rounds as they still have their original 4th and 6th round picks. Really they "traded down" their two 2nd round picks, and gave up their 3rd.

I read it wrong yesterday then.

This was the move they needed to do, and I expected they would move up somewhere. I was hoping it would be to #10 so the Giants could get an extra 2nd in a trade down to #15.

Look at what the Rams have... they have skill position talent, a very good defense anchored by the most dominant DT in the game (yes, already, he is a monster, Aaron Donald), and pass rusher Robert Quinn, arguably the best young RB in the game in Todd Gurley... they are a playoff team minus a QB.

How can a team moving into a new market, the L.A. market, which is all about stars, without a star at the most marketable position on the field? Trading up to #1 to get your franchise QB makes football sense AND business sense. So this is ok in my book, and I don't think the trade was too much to move up 14 spots... long way to go to get your guy so you pay for it and don't look back... if that guy becomes a great QB, it's a bargain.

And look at the Titans in this... they trade for Demarco Murray, have their QB in Mariota, have an ascending talent at WR in Dorial Green-Beckham, and now can use all those picks to give Mariota more protection up front and to bolster that defense. Great trade for both parties, and I think both will be factors in their divisions in the near future because of it, unless their QBs bust (don't think it will happen in either case, though).

It's pretty funny that the three top guys we were targeting two years ago (beckham, Martin, Donald) have all turned out to be can't miss immediate all-pro players ranking at it near the top of their positions so soon.

This was the move they needed to do, and I expected they would move up somewhere. I was hoping it would be to #10 so the Giants could get an extra 2nd in a trade down to #15.

Look at what the Rams have... they have skill position talent, a very good defense anchored by the most dominant DT in the game (yes, already, he is a monster, Aaron Donald), and pass rusher Robert Quinn, arguably the best young RB in the game in Todd Gurley... they are a playoff team minus a QB.

How can a team moving into a new market, the L.A. market, which is all about stars, without a star at the most marketable position on the field? Trading up to #1 to get your franchise QB makes football sense AND business sense. So this is ok in my book, and I don't think the trade was too much to move up 14 spots... long way to go to get your guy so you pay for it and don't look back... if that guy becomes a great QB, it's a bargain.

And look at the Titans in this... they trade for Demarco Murray, have their QB in Mariota, have an ascending talent at WR in Dorial Green-Beckham, and now can use all those picks to give Mariota more protection up front and to bolster that defense. Great trade for both parties, and I think both will be factors in their divisions in the near future because of it, unless their QBs bust (don't think it will happen in either case, though).

The rams got ass-raped.

I have a question...... what if say the rams do something wrong and they lose a draft pick (like the Pats) and that was the pick that traded to the Titans . Do the Titans also lose that pick?

I still think it was a raw deal for the Rams, Wentz and Goff arent nearly as NFL ready as the experts are making them out to see, if this was a trade for Luck or something I would agree.

But you're right you cant have a team in LA that doesn't have a face to the franchise, so they mortgaged away the next few seasons in hopes that their defense and RB can keep carrying that team.

The Titans got the best deal they can out of this draft, they now have a lot of room to build the team around Mariota and hopefully turn those picks into a winning team.

We all know what it's like to be on the good side of the "go get your guy" idea, we traded a fair bit for Eli and it paid off in the end. Now it's just another wait and see situation for the Rams, is this going to go down as another draft blunder as it usually is, or is it remembered like the Eli trade.

I have a question...... what if say the rams do something wrong and they lose a draft pick (like the Pats) and that was the pick that traded to the Titans . Do the Titans also lose that pick?

Well it's not the Rams pick anymore once it's traded, they have lost all rights to it. The position of the pick however will still be based on the record of the Rams, but it's still considered the Titans pick at the end of the day.

So if the Rams were to fuck up, they would just lose a pick they still have, such as a 2017 2nd round pick, or the 2018 first round pick.

The league would just figure out a different punishment.

The Rams got shafted on this one. Rather - they decided to help the Titans plug in a lot of holes. My point is - going and getting the guy you want is alright - but these 2 arent exactly the Eli / Rivers / Big Ben bunch or even the Andrew Luck kind who are sure-shots. They didnt have to give up the kitchen sink for either Goff or Wentz who I really believe will be good effective QBs - thats it.

But the Titants getting 2 additional 2nd rounders and an additional 1st rounder in 2017 is really what will boost their roster. This is a pretty weak draft actually.

None of u guys know who won the trade until at least 3 years from now. The Rams had no way of getting a franchise QB without moving up. If Goff or Wentz, whoever they take, is that guy, there is no real price tag you can put on that. You are talking about 15+ years of your franchise's future. Get the right guy and he can carry u to the playoffs every year. Yes it is a high cost if the player busts, but eventually u have to take a chance. The Rams have a good enough team without a QB to not be drafting in the top 2 or 3 in the foreseeavle future. I don't believe they gave a great deal up to get a franchise QB, as long as they guy they choose is exactly that.

And by the way none of Eli, Ben, or Rivers were sure things. Nobody is until u do it. Goff and Wentz both have serious attributes about them to justify belief that they can be very successful at the next level.

But the debate in that draft was whether Eli or Ben was #1. No one had Goff or Wentz as the top player in the draft until this trade.

There was no debate, Eli was pretty much the consensus #1. The reason why nobody talked about Goff and Wentz was because the Titans had owned the top pick and have already drafted their franchise QB. There has been plenty of talk about one of them going #2 overall.

Sure, they aren't as highly regarded as Andrew Luck, but nobody has been since Peyton Manning.