SportsWrath

Kuhn

Mr. P

Oh, he'll make the team.... There's not much he does well, not a guy you want starting, but he has some skills that are rare. Exactly the kind of guy that the Patriots like.

Skills like what? He was literally the worst DT in football last year.

I'm sure there is one person on the board who can easily blame Tom Coughlin for that and besides that would be an opinion. He could have also been the second best DT on the Giants roster last season as well.

According to a site with near worthless evaluations of interior linemen. He wasn't the worst DT in football last year, he wasn't even the worst on the Giants.

The skills I'm referring to are what he does against double-teams. That's pretty much the extent of it, but that much is rare and very useful in the right situations.

I'm sure there is one person on the board who can easily blame Tom Coughlin for that and besides that would be an opinion. He could have also been the second best DT on the Giants roster last season as well.

This certainly was the opinion of the coaching staff, which is good enough for me.

According to a site with near worthless evaluations of interior linemen. He wasn't the worst DT in football last year, he wasn't even the worst on the Giants.

The skills I'm referring to are what he does against double-teams. That's pretty much the extent of it, but that much is rare and very useful in the right situations.

I didn't get to see every game last year but the ones I saw had Kuhn getting pushed 5 yards off the line and being nonexistent in the pass game.I don't love PFF either but this guy wasn't passing the eye test. It's great that sometimes he got a double team but it's not like he was beating them, and I'm not sure having an extra lineman that has to block somebody is a "skill." Anybody can draw a double team when you have the worst D-line in football.

They're called nose tackles. And unless you have a special guy like Vince Wilfork, they're typically nonexistent against the pass.

But it was a strange thing to see about Kuhn that he seemed to do better at gaining leverage against two linemen than when he was singled up. It's a bit like passing calculus but failing geometry.

I think we're all talked out on Kuhn, time to stare hard at Jay Bromley.

We got Hankins, Bromley and Snacks... hard to be mad at that combo. And we got JPP and Vernon manning the edges.. again very hard to be mad at our DL right now... The only glaring need that needs to be addressed for the long haul is MLB... I do see Robinson stepping up nicely but we have to hedge against him missing games... Robinson stays healthy and we're talking superb performance at MLB... and I mean superb. Also need a free safety... I'm not sure what we have on the roster now can do... I mean shit... someone would've stepped up by now... That's about all we need on the defensive side of the ball.. other than depth of course.

And of course we need a RT, RG, WR on the other side.

I'd feel better about the DL if the defensive tackles were more than three deep.

I'd feel better about the DE position if it were more than 2 deep this year, 1 deep next.

I'd feel better about the S position if it were more than -1 deep.

When Kuhn gets cut, I'm bumping this thread.

Actually, I'm going to bump this thread every time someone sings the blues about a marginal (at best) player being cut from the Giants. If only Kuhn had been let go before Hakeem Nicks, Travis Beckum, Kevin Boothe, Jerrel Jernigan, Jacquian Williams, Keith Rivers, Mike Patterson, etc....

So Easley is a fa now...kid must really be an asshole..not one team put in a waiver claim.

Anyone know the story behind him? Health problems and or bad teammate? He was pretty good when on the field...and seems better in a 4-3 than the pats 3-4.