SportsWrath

Colin Kaepernick: 'I'll continue to sit'

Tempest

I would respect it more if....

1. He wasn't sitting on an $11 million dollar guaranteed contract

2. He was about to get cut anyway due to injuries.

Dude is not risking a ton here.....as he is basically done anyway.

C. Wagon

Forget what I just wrote....apparently he is doing it to impress this woman....

marie4.png?f66a58

I am totally fine with it now.

C. Wagon

So maybe someone can enlighten me on why this is disrespectful to the military in particular? Is that the origin of this bizarre tradition, as a salute to the military?

And.... why is this healthy? I always think it seems a bit goosesteppy, but maybe that's just me.

So you're a QB in the NFL, you have multiple opportunities to speak, to fund charities, to organize or champion a cause from your status/platform alone...you have your very own soapbox per se, where others don't....and after that, you choose THIS method of demonstration?

One, the demonstration was NOT clear and many missed the point he was trying to make. FAIL on his part.

Two, the demonstration was, is, and for as long as this country exists, disrespectful to all those who serve or who have served. He can spin it any way he wants. Maybe he had a different reason for doing it, but he spat in the face of all military, regardless of whether or not he intended to do so.

I could go on, but he's an asshole. Clear and simple. No, I take that back. I know a number of people who are assholes and I think they're generally good people. This guy is just a piece of shit. There, that's better.

I won't give him any more of my time.

Exactly...surely there are more effective ways to get his message across and to make a difference; whether or not we agree with the message is irrelevant. Additionally, his little sit protest may actually be counterproductive to whatever issue, draw attention away from the issue, and instead focus the attention onto him.

So maybe someone can enlighten me on why this is disrespectful to the military in particular? Is that the origin of this bizarre tradition, as a salute to the military?

And.... why is this healthy? I always think it seems a bit goosesteppy, but maybe that's just me.

Its a salute to the military...cause the military pays the NFL to honor the military.

http://www.post-gazette.com/news/nation/2015/11/06/Department-of-Defense-paid-53-million-to-pro-sports-for-military-tributes-report-says/stories/201511060140

C Wagon

Isn't it always? How many of those guys at Bernie rallies actually cared about politics.

Most of those guys at Bernie rallies were there for the love of Bernie.

They are the guys that simply aren't getting laid anyway.

So, a couple of things:

What's up with that fabulous hair? How do you get that under a helmet? Also, doesn't he kind of look like a young Sly Stallone?

During that interview last night, he looked like he was on something.

Personally, I think he's being disrespectful, and using the wrong vehicle to deliver his message, but this is what he's chosen. I watched him getting grilled last night, and while I really would like to hop on the hate wagon, I just can't. He's got a point. Unfortunately, it's been a point in this country since forever and a day. Doesn't mean he shouldn't try and do something about it, but it's not like this was invented yesterday. He claims he's going to be more involved (although I wonder who the "we" is when he talks about it), and he also claims he's going to give his first million dollars to help various agencies. So, now that he has enlightened the rest of the world of his mission, it's a little hard to hate the guy. Still, he's stood for the anthem all of his career while these horrible things were going on around him, he should continue to show the respect he has in the past, and let his actions off the field speak for themselves.

I won't name names, but four years ago some people on these boards though Harbaugh was a genius for starting Kaepernick over Alex Smith.

Well, Headcase Harbaugh is out of the league, Kaepernick isn't far behind, and all Alex Smith does is take his team to the playoffs every year.

:whistling:

I won't name names, but four years ago some people on these boards though Harbaugh was a genius for starting Kaepernick over Alex Smith.

Well, Headcase Harbaugh is out of the league, Kaepernick isn't far behind, and all Alex Smith does is take his team to the playoffs every year.

I don't know, Kaepernick looked better last night than any other qb on the 49ers roster has all preseason.

To be fair almost any QB in the NFL could be on the Chiefs and they would win games, Reid has that offense down to pop-warner QB play.

If they actually had a QB who could win games they would of probably won a SB by now.

I didn't think he was a genius for that reason, Seph. Let's not use revisionist history. I thought/think he's a genius motivator. Maybe his act wears thin but it seems to be more about the 49er brass than him. He had many feelers from NFL teams when he took Michigan. I think he'll be back too.

This is a genius move by Kapp though from a publicity stand point, the BLM hate group and all the "anti establishment" facebook/media warriors are going to fucking riot the moment he gets benched.

Because it wont be his horrible QB play, it will be the fact that 'Murica is the next Nazi Germany.

This is a genius move by Kapp though from a publicity stand point, the BLM hate group and all the "anti establishment" facebook/media warriors are going to fucking riot the moment he gets benched.

Because it wont be his horrible QB play, it will be the fact that 'Murica is the next Nazi Germany.

The BLM hate group?

Perhaps take a minute to step back and give it a second thought or a third