SportsWrath

Eagles Trade Up To 2

Mr. P

In all likelihood the Eagles are playing a rookie QB, meaning they will probably struggle, and Browns could end up with 2 picks in the top 10 next year.

So if we totally bomb this year, next year Cowher can trade out of the #1 overall pick and pick up two firsts!

Don't understand Philly paying that kind of money to Bradford and Daniels while investing this heavy draft-wise on a QB. Seems like a lot of resources on one position. Not sure of the contract structure for Bradford and Daniels, but if they're locked in with big guaranteed money...trading up for a QB doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. Of course, trading up for a non-QB doesn't seem to make a lot of sense either.

This move is more of a head-scratcher to me than the Titans/Rams trade.

Don't understand Philly paying that kind of money to Bradford and Daniels while investing this heavy draft-wise on a QB. Seems like a lot of resources on one position. Not sure of the contract structure for Bradford and Daniels, but if they're locked in with big guaranteed money...trading up for a QB doesn't seem to make a ton of sense. Of course, trading up for a non-QB doesn't seem to make a lot of sense either.

Absolutely has to be a QB or Financial Field will be torched by Eagle fans.

1. You have to be absolutely certain who the Rams are picking first.

It isn't a bad move but a three year plan. Bradford isn't durable, Daniels is a reflection of that and has a familiarity with Pederson. I don't have very high expectations of either QB and they will both require either a dumb down offense or a couple of years of re-education.

Eagles managed to clean house of the Kelly years regardless of cost in a month, no point in balking at the risk or cost of a QB now.

Absolutely has to be a QB or Financial Field will be torched by Eagle fans.

1. You have to be absolutely certain who the Rams are picking first.

It isn't a bad move but a three year plan. Bradford isn't durable, Daniels is a reflection of that and has a familiarity with Pederson. I don't have very high expectations of either QB and they will both require either a dumb down offense or a couple of years of re-education.

Eagles managed to clean house of the Kelly years regardless of cost in a month, no point in balking at the risk or cost of a QB now.

Well, here's hoping the Rams take the QB the Eagles want and that the Eagles are hosed financially, at least in the short term, with the Bradford and Daniels deals.

In all likelihood the Eagles are playing a rookie QB, meaning they will probably struggle, and Browns could end up with 2 picks in the top 10 next year.

Which they will promptly use on a bag of batting practice baseballs and a Betamax VCR tape of "Chariots of Fire"

C. Wagon

Weird to think that this year teams are making a push for QBs, from what I've read and understand Goff and Wentz arnt nearly as QB ready as guys like Luck and Ryan and such.

But I guess you go and get your guy.

Wonder if the Eagles have some inside info on who the Rams are going for because you have to be 100% sure they arnt going to take your guy to make this type of move.

Or the Eagles just dont fucking care and want someone else besides Bradford leading the team.

Weird to think that this year teams are making a push for QBs, from what I've read and understand Goff and Wentz arnt nearly as QB ready as guys like Luck and Ryan and such.

But I guess you go and get your guy.

Wonder if the Eagles have some inside info on who the Rams are going for because you have to be 100% sure they arnt going to take your guy to make this type of move.

Or the Eagles just dont fucking care and want someone else besides Bradford leading the team.

The QB situation in the NFL has teams scrambling, taking big risks with few success stories.

Oh and here's the money situation since you asked earlier

"The problem I see right now in Philadelphia is they have too many quarterbacks to be friendly with," Gruden said on Thursday, via ESPN.com. "How are they going to distribute any reps and get anybody ready when you've got Sam Bradford making $18 million, you gotChase Daniel, who's a backup, making $7 million?"

It's actually worse than that: Daniel's contract includes $12 million in guarantees, Bradford's includes $22 million in guarantees, and whomever comes in with the No. 2 pick will get a contract that includes at least $24 million in guarantees.

That's a lot of money for a position where only one guy can play at a time.

"I don't know how you're going to get these guys all reps and get them all ready, but Doug Pederson will have to answer that," Gruden said. "That will be a challenge."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25563553/report-sam-bradford-likely-to-ask-eagles-for-trade-out-of-philadelphia

I think the Chargers want an OT. They sure could use Ramsey to fill Weddle's shoes, but they need the OT help more. They could take Tunsil, but if they traded with the Jags at 5, they could still get Tunsil and pick up an extra pick... I think the Jags would love to get Ramsey on their defense. Or they could trade back farther in the top 10 and take Ronnie Stanley if Tunsil doesn't go back that far and that would work out fine for them as well. The Chargers were really helped by both the Titans and Browns trading back... they are sitting pretty.

I think the Chargers want an OT. They sure could use Ramsey to fill Weddle's shoes, but they need the OT help more. They could take Tunsil, but if they traded with the Jags at 5, they could still get Tunsil and pick up an extra pick... I think the Jags would love to get Ramsey on their defense. Or they could trade back farther in the top 10 and take Ronnie Stanley if Tunsil doesn't go back that far and that would work out fine for them as well. The Chargers were really helped by both the Titans and Browns trading back... they are sitting pretty.

I think they need a 3-4 DE more than an OT, and take Buckner.

Over the last 10 years, there have been 10 instances of teams trading up in the first round to select a quarterback. Only two of those 10 quarterbacks -- Teddy Bridgewater and Joe Flacco -- are still starting for the team that selected him. Only three of the 10 targets could charitably be described as successful picks: Bridgewater, Flacco and Jay Cutler by the Broncos in 2006.

A trade up for a quarterback more often led to a rollercoaster ride that ultimately crashed. Johnny Manziel, Robert Griffin III, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, Brady Quinn and Blaine Gabbert are a who's who of shattered expectations over the last decade.

Pedersen want's his own QB. He's from the Reid camp and he saw the success DMac brought to Reid. Bradford's money was 11 mil guaranteed which he collected in Feb. Now he wants to be traded. I doubt that will happen since he already got his big money from us. The price for him won't be workable. It's a stupid move for him, as he was already named the starter and could have retired an Eagle.