SportsWrath

Daniel Jones named Starting QB

NeMesiS

Id be fuckin shocked if he retired mid season.

Wonder if the Steelers would have any interest.

Big Ben has toyed with the idea of retirement I could see him retiring with the season ending injury.

Eli from all account trained like he wanted to play a few more years.

They have the cap room or Eli could even stretch it out over two years.

I mean right now I'd take a 4th round pick for Eli.

Rivers was the least successful of them.... at least when it comes to the big win

Yeah the team never came up when it mattered.

Actually watched a YouTube video on the 2016? Chargers basically set records for offensive and defensive numbers, most points scored fewest points given up but they didn't make the playoffs.

Title was something like "the best team to never make the playoffs" worth a watch.

They love minshew in Jax, plus that team has no chance with telvin smith taking the year off and then not addressing their wr problem. Their window was two years ago and the refs fucked them. Saints makes sense if Brees is out for longer than November, well at least once everyone admits that they simply forgot Bridgewater sucked before he was hurt

Wow. Big Stones Jones. Weird feeling.

Im a little sad to be honest.

Same here... Although the writing is on the wall... Eli looks like an old man out there... And even though our biggest liability is the defense, a change at QB is warranted... I never expected it this early though.

They love minshew in Jax, plus that team has no chance with telvin smith taking the year off and then not addressing their wr problem. Their window was two years ago and the refs fucked them. Saints makes sense if Brees is out for longer than November, well at least once everyone admits that they simply forgot Bridgewater sucked before he was hurt

Never understood the Bridgewater love, he was at best a game manager before the awful knee injury but when he hit free agency he was "the best QB to hit FA the NFL has ever seen" hell people here wanted us to trade for him.

Dude is the next Joey Harrington.

I'm very excited to see real Daniel Jones. I hope people don't think he's going to come out and throw for 400+ yards per game... but I'd be super happy with growth over these next 14 games and maybe even a 4-5 game stretch where he plays downright good towards the end. Eli was the best QB in franchise history and let's not forget how terrible he was the first 7 games of his career.

I have no fucking idea why it wasnt done prior to week one but i digress.

Yeah I like the idea Getty is going for but there's certainly been some strange fucking management happening the past few years. We sign Odell just to trade him... and be stuck with his 28 million in salary (or however much) for the year... but I can see how Odell became a douche and had to go. But Eli... the story's been "we can win with him, he hasn't lost anything, he's our guy..." and they keep him around, eat 17 million in cap dollars (he'd have cost us 6 if we'd have cut him) and then play him for two games? I really hope it's because Jones is light years better than any of us thought he'd be, but between this, the fucking weird Eli mismanagement during MacAdoo's tenure, and Mara's now-annual "uncharacteristically addressing the team," I really have to wonder whether or not this ship has a rudder.

With Jones it opens up RPO. The offense instantly becomes more multi faceted. Just have to worry about rookie mistakes and defensive reads. He seemed far more accurate and had better pocket presence than Ive seen in Manning for a long time.

With Jones it opens up RPO. The offense instantly becomes more multi faceted. Just have to worry about rookie mistakes and defensive reads. He seemed far more accurate and had better pocket presence than Ive seen in Manning for a long time.

Dude is gonna probably throw 2+ picks a week for the first few weeks... but there's no doubt about it, having a QB that can buy time in the pocket and maybe make an occasional play with his legs is going to be exciting to watch.

Dude is gonna probably throw 2+ picks a week for the first few weeks... but there's no doubt about it, having a QB that can buy time in the pocket and maybe make an occasional play with his legs is going to be exciting to watch.

Yeah with no WRs to throw its its basically his time at Duke.

Hopefully Shurmur only let's him pass the ball 30 times or so at most.

Run the ball with Saquan even if it's not there and let Jones find his grove.

Atleast the Oline is much improved this year.

Going to be growing pains with Jones and in fully expecting some bone head plays and bad turnovers but really it's nothing we haven't seen from Eli in his first few years.

As much as I love Eli and what he's meant to the organization, the one thing I will never miss are those interceptions.... man they deflate the fuck out of me...

Never understood the Bridgewater love, he was at best a game manager before the awful knee injury but when he hit free agency he was "the best QB to hit FA the NFL has ever seen" hell people here wanted us to trade for him.

Dude is the next Joey Harrington.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess. The Vikings completely tailored their game around short safe passes when he was starting for them. He had even an even shorter leash than zimmer has cousins on this year

I think you mean the read option, that's the one where the QB may run it.

I'm not particularly looking forward to that one either, QB designed runs are a bad idea unless your QB happens to be named Russell Wilson.

But, at least it is an option with Jones that teams will have to account for.

Whatever, if you guys cant see that the offense is immediately better with an athlete playing quarterback and the addition of a pro style offense vs slants and dump offs, then you havent been paying attention to trends in the NFL. I guarantee Shurmur made this happen and hes elated.

I think you mean the read option, that's the one where the QB may run it.

I'm not particularly looking forward to that one either, QB designed runs are a bad idea unless your QB happens to be named Russell Wilson.

But, at least it is an option with Jones that teams will have to account for.

No he means RPO (Run Pass Option) you see the Seahawks use it all the time.

It's basically the QB either hands the ball off, or hits a quick out pattern which is set up in some sort of screen, typically to a TE or Slot WR.

Typically the QB doesn't scramble in the slightest but it takes a QB with some athleticism to pull it off since typically they need to roll out to hit anything long.

My heart says "fuck this team, you bunch of imgrates", but really, how much longer can the suckage go on for? Unfortunately, Jones could sling his way to 8 TD's a game but the D will give away 12 so this isn't going to bring us more wins. Let's just hope he stays upright and uninjured and has us all recalling this moment 15 years from now fondly.

Whatever, if you guys cant see that the offense is immediately better with an athlete playing quarterback and the addition of a pro style offense vs slants and dump offs, then you havent been paying attention to trends in the NFL. I guarantee Shurmur made this happen and hes elated.

Immediately, wow!.... That would be great, but that is a high bar for a rookie QB.

Certainly he makes the offense more multiple, but mobile athleticism is such a small lever compared to arm talent and the mental side of the game.

That is what worries me about Shurmur... I'm concerned he may overvalue certain traits that are not to this point associated with successful NFL QBs (again, except Russell Wilson, who incorporates mobility into his game better than anyone since Steve Young, imo).

A further concern with, potentially, Shurmur.... If he was really sandbagging the offense just to get DJ in the game, as many fans have speculated, holy shit.... That is a red flag to end all red flags.

My heart says "fuck this team, you bunch of imgrates", but really, how much longer can the suckage go on for? Unfortunately, Jones could sling his way to 8 TD's a game but the D will give away 12 so this isn't going to bring us more wins. Let's just hope he stays upright and uninjured and has us all recalling this moment 15 years from now fondly.

The thing is though we went 1-6 with Eli when he took over a 5-4 team still in the playoff hunt.

I'd much rather watch this team lose with a bunch of rookies who are getting game time experience to develop, then looking at an aging QB trying to have one last "Glory" year.

It's not fun, and it wont be fun with Jones at times, but atleast we know we are looking at the FUTURE of the franchise and not the ghost of the past in Eli.