SportsWrath

"Have they been self motivated?"

BlueInCanada

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/929874796984156161/video/1

They cut out the part but on the live post game show right after McAttack finishes his verbal mouth cancer of "motivation" some report asks him quickly "Do they look like they have been self motivated?"

And Benny just walks off saying no more questions.

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/929874796984156161/video/1

They cut out the part but on the live post game show right after McAttack finishes his verbal mouth cancer of "motivation" some report asks him quickly "Do they look like they have been self motivated?"

And Benny just walks off saying no more questions.

Thanks.

Oh good Lord. What is with that hair??? And his Billichick impersonation is more annoying than Billichick himself. How on Earth did we get fucked with this guy???

Nobody is telling them to hire a new coach today. They dont HAVE to publicly support him though. Hes embarrassing this entire franchise with not only his performance but the way he is handling the media too. Im really looking forward to more embarrassing crowd shots at the home games. Maybe some more shots of Mara pacing around in the owners box too

Nobody is telling them to hire a new coach today. They dont HAVE to publicly support him though. Hes embarrassing this entire franchise with not only his performance but the way he is handling the media too. Im really looking forward to more embarrassing crowd shots at the home games. Maybe some more shots of Mara pacing around in the owners box too

I wouldn't call it support... what they tried to do it seems is to lower the tempo around the calls for his firing... that's it. He's just not a good fit...and if I'm the FO, I'll go back and check out the references for this guy and understand those reference lied to the Giants about this guy's character.... OR the FO didn't do their due diligence...

I think the biggest thing is that there isn't anyone sitting out there to replace him with right now...or at least the Giants recognize they'll want to check out coaches from other teams come the offseason. From their perspective, there just isn't a need to pull the trigger now. You think the team quit now...see what shows up when they all know they have a lame duck coach. I think McAdoo failed miserably and I think we've seen enough of a sample size to make the call. But I see the owners' point in waiting until the offseason.

Glad the last game of the year is a home game. Had it been away, the owners would've had to explain why McAdoo's plane ticket only included 1-way fare.

There is and his name is Spagnuolo. If you think he's just as bad then there is no risk as the Giants will tank anyway. The huge upside is if management pulls the trigger now and the Giants return to the NFL then you have a nice choice to make instead of being desperate. What management will probably do is fire McAdoo with like 2 games left and promote Spagnuolo and then the Giants will somehow manage to win those 2 games. Now the decision is not so clear cut because it could be an aberration with such a small sample size or he could actually be a good coach. Pull the trigger now and get a good view of this mess because this team is currently the worst team in the NFL.

Why try to lower the tempo?

We don't like drama... we're not the cowboys. You think anyone in the organization is happy about this? I bet the owners are livid but they always try to project a calm demeanor which would trickle down. Drama leads to more drama and we're seeing it in the locker room as is... it's good to try to slow it down at least. Changes are coming in the offseason... either that or the ownership is tone-deaf.

I think the biggest thing is that there isn't anyone sitting out there to replace him with right now...or at least the Giants recognize they'll want to check out coaches from other teams come the offseason. From their perspective, there just isn't a need to pull the trigger now. You think the team quit now...see what shows up when they all know they have a lame duck coach. I think McAdoo failed miserably and I think we've seen enough of a sample size to make the call. But I see the owners' point in waiting until the offseason.

Glad the last game of the year is a home game. Had it been away, the owners would've had to explain why McAdoo's plane ticket only included 1-way fare.

Yep.

There is and his name is Spagnuolo. If you think he's just as bad then there is no risk as the Giants will tank anyway. The huge upside is if management pulls the trigger now and the Giants return to the NFL then you have a nice choice to make instead of being desperate. What management will probably do is fire McAdoo with like 2 games left and promote Spagnuolo and then the Giants will somehow manage to win those 2 games. Now the decision is not so clear cut because it could be an aberration with such a small sample size or he could actually be a good coach. Pull the trigger now and get a good view of this mess because this team is currently the worst team in the NFL.

I'm not sure given Spags has failed as HC somewhere else... besides I just feel we need an infusion of some sort... nor do I want us to magically win the last 2 games... nor can we... we have no WRs outside of Shep... and no OLs outside of Pugh... We take whatever we can get out of this season in terms of the highest draft pick possible and looking at the character of some of our players...

Because Spags was such a great HC in his last stint at that position. He's a coordinator...let him be that. Oh, and need I remind you that his defense just gave up a shit ton of points and yardage to a team that hadn't been able to win a single game yet this season. Oh, and how about the fact that rumors of defection and dissention are coming primarily from...the defense. Granted, that could be from McAdoo's suspension of two defenders...but let's not pretend that Spags has done all that well this year with this defense.

Because Spags was such a great HC in his last stint at that position. He's a coordinator...let him be that. Oh, and need I remind you that his defense just gave up a shit ton of points and yardage to a team that hadn't been able to win a single game yet this season. Oh, and how about the fact that rumors of defection and dissention are coming primarily from...the defense. Granted, that could be from McAdoo's suspension of two defenders...but let's not pretend that Spags has done all that well this year with this defense.

yeah, I think he's best DC we've had in recent history, but lets not pretend he's some sort of genius. There have been probably dozens of plays this year where the ball is snapped, and I'm immediately yelling at the D, 'what the fuck kind of call is that?', or 'what the fuck are they doing?' And I don't know what the deal is, I don't know if Spags is outsmarting himself, or if the players are just too stupid to play their assignment, but that D is a mess this year. Given the supposed talent level, Spags' D is underperforming McAdoo's offense.