SportsWrath

Enrgam

BlueInCanada

Saquon Barkley can do for us what Zeke has done for Dallas. An every down running back actually would solve a lot of this teams problems. 2nd and 3rd and short is perfect for a team that doesnt want to stretch the field ever. Mcadoos next shot 30 yards down the field will be his first.

That maybe true but you only have so many draft picks and like V said... we have 99 problems.. and the RB is not in the top 5.

I never mentioned draft priorities. I said that these fellas we have are serviceable at best and if we go into the next season with them, that's what we'll get.

I never mentioned draft priorities. I said that these fellas we have are serviceable at best and if we go into the next season with them, that's what we'll get.

I'm not sure about that though... Who's to say with a better OL we won't have much improved performance out of what we already have? I just don't think taking another RB in the 4th is going to make a difference... and if we select one in earlier rounds then we risk neglecting the OL position... Now i'm aware we can't fix everything thru the draft which is why I think we need at least 2 OLs via FA or even a solid RB... I can't believe the Eagles landed Ajay for a 4th rounder...

Guys, weve spent high draft picks on the offensive line and look where it has gotten us; it hasnt been ignored. Going in saying youre getting an offensive lineman top 5 of the draft just because you need one is dumb. Take the best player. Itll be Barkley or a quarterback.

Guys, weve spent high draft picks on the offensive line and look where it has gotten us; it hasnt been ignored. Going in saying youre getting an offensive lineman top 5 of the draft just because you need one is dumb. Take the best player. Itll be Barkley or a quarterback.

If we end up picking top 3, you can bet we're picking a QB... but 2nd and 3rd rounds should be directed towards OL... plus FA... this shit can be turned around quickly.

I'm not sure about that though... Who's to say with a better OL we won't have much improved performance out of what we already have? r...

We wouldve seen signs. Darkea breaks into the open and stops to look around and wait for a tackle. Gallman seems good only in comparison to Darkwa

Yeah because that stud Darkwa is averaging close to 5 yards per carry all on his own.

If Darkwa finishes the year over anywhere arond 4.4 ypc, then we need to really rethink where the weaknesses of this team lie... surely not with the OL, in that case. Darkwa is a guy who always runs the designed play, he's not making anything on his own, he's not finding anything on his own. So for him to break 4.0, and last I saw, carry at a 4.8 per rate, that really tells us something about how well the offensive line is playing.

And don't sleep on Gallman. I would prefer he were a backup, but that guy is the closest thing we've had to Ahmad Bradshaw since then.

I wonder if we'll ever get to see Paul Perkins again. I'm guessing he ran himself out of the starting line up, but the run blocking is far, far better now than at the start of the year too.

The offensive line play has gradually improved, maybe not so much with pass blocking but its not like last year where the run game was struggling to get anything going on the ground. I like Wheeler at tackle. And I do think we all need to take a breath about the top 5 pick going to the offensive line...Reese has proven its not where you pick the talent but how well you can assess talent.

The offensive line play has gradually improved, maybe not so much with pass blocking but its not like last year where the run game was struggling to get anything going on the ground. I like Wheeler at tackle. And I do think we all need to take a breath about the top 5 pick going to the offensive line...Reese has proven its not where you pick the talent but how well you can assess talent.

Wheeler almost looks like a different guy than he did in training camp. So much thicker now, he looked like a kid back in August, totally out of place lined up against NFL players. Not so anymore. Kind of mind boggling that he was undrafted.

Given Eli is on the tail end of his career, I don't see us going OL and not picking a QB... Webb or not... if anything we'd have an RG3/Kirk Cousins situation... And I'm not too sold on Wheeler dude to the small sample size... I can see an instance where we draft OL in the 2nd and land a stud OL in FA... and some other FA depth signings...

I must add this is not a knock against Wheeler.. I like the kid but I'd like to see consistency and ability to do his job day in day out before I write him in.

What offense are you guys watching, claiming the OL isn't a significant weakness?

in recent weeks, they don't look half bad. Not great.... but not the abysmal fuck all that we saw the first five or so weeks of the year.

but forget the eye test, we have some metrics to work with here.... a journeyman running back is averaging well over 4 ypc..... most of that has been achieved over the last several weeks.... we know that the receivers aren't stretching the field, and the QB play is nothing special, so how is that journeyman running back getting all that room to run?

I'm just saying, check your preconceptions, look at the results. That offensive line is, apparently, run blocking pretty well.

And I would add that we haven't heard Flowers mentioned all that much lately. For a LT, that's a good thing. For better or worse, his recent improvement makes it a lock that he's our starting LT going into next season.

And I would add that we haven't heard Flowers mentioned all that much lately. For a LT, that's a good thing. For better or worse, his recent improvement makes it a lock that he's our starting LT going into next season.

Certainly heard the name of the DL he was up against last week.

I'd like Barkley, the Oline has gradually improved the last few weeks, granted going from dog shit to almost dog shit isnt much but it's still an improvement.

I feel like getting a once in a draft type of talent like Barkley would not only help Eli but the QB that replaces him.

Look at Dak without Zeke, they have failed to score more than what 10 point in any of those games? And it's painfully obvious Dak cant carry that team right now.

Now imagine a rookie QB on the Giants with that Juggernaut Darkwa trying to carry the load.

Yeah I don't want to imagine it either.

I don't know if it maybe because some of us stopped watching... or at least didn't make watching the Giants a priority anymore... Look I hope he's improved and I hope he lives up to his draft position... Let's see how the rest of the season plays out... no more wins hopefully... and rooting hard for the 9ers to win a few more... the Browns are a lost cause.

I'd like Barkley, the Oline has gradually improved the last few weeks, granted going from dog shit to almost dog shit isnt much but it's still an improvement.

I feel like getting a once in a draft type of talent like Barkley would not only help Eli but the QB that replaces him.

Look at Dak without Zeke, they have failed to score more than what 10 point in any of those games? And it's painfully obvious Dak cant carry that team right now.

Now imagine a rookie QB on the Giants with that Juggernaut Darkwa trying to carry the load.

Yeah I don't want to imagine it either.

Weren't the Cowboys missing one or 2 of their starting OLs too?

Weren't the Cowboys missing one or 2 of their starting OLs too?

yes, their starting LT I believe is also out.

Dak was overrated from the start. The catalyst in Dallas was and is their offensive line. Once that unit got a couple chinks in the armor...that's when things fell apart.

I too am just looking to lose out, pick at #3, and call it a day. We get the QB of the future to overlap with Eli for a year. 2nd - 4th rounds can be offensive line and/or defensive end and/or linebacker.

Free agency, I'd look for secondary depth and maybe a 3rd WR behind OBJ and Shep.

yes, their starting LT I believe is also out.

Dak was overrated from the start. The catalyst in Dallas was and is their offensive line. Once that unit got a couple chinks in the armor...that's when things fell apart.

I too am just looking to lose out, pick at #3, and call it a day. We get the QB of the future to overlap with Eli for a year. 2nd - 4th rounds can be offensive line and/or defensive end and/or linebacker.

Free agency, I'd look for secondary depth and maybe a 3rd WR behind OBJ and Shep.

I'm almost smirking at the thought of Dak being medicore... the Cowboy fans were just too loud. I have to believe this time around the Giants will pursue a solid OL in FA... If they play their cards right, this can turn around pretty quickly...

Now when it comes to McAdoo... I'm just not sure he's displayed the maturity required for the HC position... he's pissed off way too many of his players and is not looking good... I'm one of those who believe in continuity... I'll make an exception this time... Not sure he's the right guy for the job.