SportsWrath

So since the team has given up, can we just get it over with?

BlueInCanada

Fire JR and McAdoo now.

There is absolutely zero reason to keep both these guys for the next eight weeks.

You fire JR, it's past the trade deadline and the draft is still many months away, so what is the point of keeping him around?

You have Spags and Sullivan who can both fill in as HC, so why keep McAdoo around?

Literally zero reason for either of these guys to still be in Giants blue after this fuck up of a week.

Its not McAdoo's fault they cant catch or tackle. Vereen flat out butter fingers an easy throw, Apple wants no part of the runner on the 3rd/33 play. The team has bad injuries to key players, last year they were healthy and had a better record so I dont see how they forgot to play ball over one year.They have Flowers to protect Eli's blind side and Fluker is a stud on running plays to his side. Blame the D for not showing up and that falls on Spags. Do you want him running the show after that mess today? Better off to push up on the cap limit and get some veteran OL players for next year's run.

At some point, the people responsible for acquiring talent have to be talented at doing this. Linebackers have been a weakness for at least 10 years. Running backs, 5. OL maybe 4. These are chronic conditions that have been paid attention, alas to no avail. So yes, drain the swamp!

Fire JR and McAdoo now.

There is absolutely zero reason to keep both these guys for the next eight weeks.

You fire JR, it's past the trade deadline and the draft is still many months away, so what is the point of keeping him around?

You have Spags and Sullivan who can both fill in as HC, so why keep McAdoo around?

Literally zero reason for either of these guys to still be in Giants blue after this fuck up of a week.

There is absolutely no reason to fire them now. Do you think the team is going to improve significantly with them fired today, tomorrow or next week?

At this point, the season is beyond saving and only reason why I wouldn't fire the coaching staff after firing Reese is so the next general manager can do it.

Its not McAdoo's fault they cant catch or tackle. Vereen flat out butter fingers an easy throw, Apple wants no part of the runner on the 3rd/33 play. The team has bad injuries to key players, last year they were healthy and had a better record so I dont see how they forgot to play ball over one year.They have Flowers to protect Eli's blind side and Fluker is a stud on running plays to his side. Blame the D for not showing up and that falls on Spags. Do you want him running the show after that mess today? Better off to push up on the cap limit and get some veteran OL players for next year's run.

As the HC, it kinda is, you know coaching them up on tackling and catching.

And what is so wrong about giving Spags a chance? The team is 1-7 with no chance of anything other than a top 5 draft pick. It's not like he could do worse at this point.

MacAttack had two weeks, two weeks to prepare for this game.

And they came out and played like they just went back to back games.

Flowers has actually been one of the bright spots on the Oline the last few weeks and Fluker has been solid since being put in the rotation.

I'm sorry but there isnt a "next years run" this team has to many holes to fill (That's what she said) and is looking at more if guys like Pugh/Richburg/Fluker walk.

And I also hate the whole "Oh they were in the playoff last year" yeah they made it there by barely holding on to a few point lead in multiple games and being lucky enough to play in the NFC which is playing catch up to the AFC.

McAdoo was given the keys to a high performance sports car and he drove the thing head long into a semi.

There is absolutely no reason to fire them now. Do you think the team is going to improve significantly with them fired today, tomorrow or next week?

At this point, the season is beyond saving and only reason why I wouldn't fire the coaching staff after firing Reese is so the next general manager can do it.

You can start your coaching and GM search now.

Put the players and the team on notice.

There isnt any improving so whats the point of continuing with the same staff, just so we can keep hearing the same excuse out of JRs and MacAttack mouth week after week? The ship has sailed, they are both to blame for the state of the team, JR more than McAdoo but he's not invulnerable.

Clear house now, see which players want to keep playing for the team in a losing season and kick the rest out that want to leave.

Why keep the MacAttak culture around any longer?

You can start your coaching and GM search now.

Put the players and the team on notice.

There isnt any improving so whats the point of continuing with the same staff, just so we can keep hearing the same excuse out of JRs and MacAttack mouth week after week? The ship has sailed, they are both to blame for the state of the team, JR more than McAdoo but he's not invulnerable.

Clear house now, see which players want to keep playing for the team in a losing season and kick the rest out that want to leave.

Why keep the MacAttak culture around any longer?

I'm pretty sure the search has started without the firing. Who would be getting put on notice anyway? The players not signed to mulitmilliion dollar contracts for so many years they are untradeable?

The organization doesn't need to clean house by firing everyone now. McAdoo will continue to coach the rest of the season and then moves will be made. Firing McAdoo now just doesn't change a thing and really becomes a black mark on the organization.

I'm pretty sure the search has started without the firing. Who would be getting put on notice anyway? The players not signed to mulitmilliion dollar contracts for so many years they are untradeable?

The organization doesn't need to clean house by firing everyone now. McAdoo will continue to coach the rest of the season and then moves will be made. Firing McAdoo now just doesn't change a thing and really becomes a black mark on the organization.

I'm sorry when was the last time you seen the Giants stick with a player because of their contract? Or any team for that matter? Players get cut/traded all the time and the team absorbs their cap hit, when they feel the player no longer is at the best interest. Please don't act like this would be the first time.

And I thought the worst loss at home since the 60s and the 1-7 record would be a worse mark than showing the rest of the NFL you wont put up with mediocrity.

If there is a coach or GM out there now, that's a compelling reason to make a change and grab them before anyone else.

I would have loved if in the post game Mara came out and fired the two of them right there on the spot.

At some point ownership would need to send a message to the whole Giants organization, and that would have done it I believe.Not only that but it would show the fans that have stopped coming to the games that the Mara's hear them loud and clear.

I could see a reason to fire the GM now, if only so that the new guy could evaluate the talent on the team. I'm not sure who you would replace him with right now, and/or whether or not guys you might want (like the guy from the Patriots) are under contract with their teams and unable to talk right now like assistant coaches are.

Regardless, it's really not the Giants way. A total housecleaning is in order, but that will come after the season. Far-fetched though it may be, there's still a chance we finish with a winning record... Dan Reeves' Giants looked pretty awful at 3-7, but I remember everyone bubbling about Reeves and Brown once they finished 9-7.

Fassel was fired with 4 games left but was asked/allowed/forced to finish the season.

No he wasn't. He asked if he was going to be fired and the GM told him yes, so he finished out the season anyway.

I always wonder what was up with that guy. You get the Norv Turners of the league failing on their third team and meanwhile Jim Fassel finished with a winning record and was never seen or heard from again. I heard rumors both of infidelity on that boat that he bought, drinking, and wearing his NFC Championship ring to interviews but you'd think if people are OK trotting out Jeff Fisher for eight seasons you'd give a shot to Jimbo.

I could see a reason to fire the GM now, if only so that the new guy could evaluate the talent on the team. I'm not sure who you would replace him with right now, and/or whether or not guys you might want (like the guy from the Patriots) are under contract with their teams and unable to talk right now like assistant coaches are.

Regardless, it's really not the Giants way. A total housecleaning is in order, but that will come after the season. Far-fetched though it may be, there's still a chance we finish with a winning record... Dan Reeves' Giants looked pretty awful at 3-7, but I remember everyone bubbling about Reeves and Brown once they finished 9-7.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/front-office/2016/12/09/2017-nfl-general-manager-candidates/

No he wasn't. He asked if he was going to be fired and the GM told him yes, so he finished out the season anyway.

I always wonder what was up with that guy. You get the Norv Turners of the league failing on their third team and meanwhile Jim Fassel finished with a winning record and was never seen or heard from again. I heard rumors both of infidelity on that boat that he bought, drinking, and wearing his NFC Championship ring to interviews but you'd think if people are OK trotting out Jeff Fisher for eight seasons you'd give a shot to Jimbo.

Drugs is another rumor. He was clearly blackballed, Troy Vincent should try to set up a meeting between him and goodell