SportsWrath

Elliot suspension reinstated

Lughead

I have no clue why you would think I was wrong. Every single team in declining to employ him has echoed my assessment. Even if you assume the truth of the collusion story, his OWN team, before he was kneeling, had already begun to give up and move on.

I've shared my thoughts on Kaep on this board back when most people still thought he was good. I'll repeat again for you, he had terrible touch as a passer, just awful; I think Kaepernick threw the flattest ball I've ever seen from an NFL QB, certainly in recent memory. He also never learned to read a defense. That offense they ran back when he was 'productive' was a one read offense. My local high school plays a more complex offense than the Kaepernick era 49ers. And it only worked, and marginally so, at the NFL level because they had a top notch running game, probably the top defense of that era, respectable receivers across the field (WRs, TEs), and so they could get away with an offense built on play action and fifteen passes a game, like the Steelers back when Big Ben was just coming up.

oh, for fuck sake, he was NEVER good, not even on his best day. I don't care what the per play statistics say, I never watched him play and came away thinking, that guy is a quality NFL QB.

And please.... a QB that had a bad attitude with his teammates?... lets add this up.... mediocre at best player at a leadership position, and he has a bad attitude too?... and some of us still wonder why he's unemployed? This is getting fucking stupid.

Your false outrage would work well on FOX. I don't wonder why he's still unemployed- I was out in SF watching the whole thing. However, and I'll repeat this for your eye test, (which perhaps you should get)- it seems a great deal of front office people thought he was better than the people getting jobs- so if there was a conspiracy to keep him from getting back in the NFL, then that's wrong.

I'm just saying where was the outrage when a hall of fame caliber wr coming off a 900 yard season was shut out of the NFL? Everyone was cool with owners doing what they wanted with their own money back then.

As far as we know, there was no hint of a conspiracy to keep TO out of the NFL

Your false outrage would work well on FOX. I don't wonder why he's still unemployed- I was out in SF watching the whole thing. However, and I'll repeat this for your eye test, (which perhaps you should get)- it seems a great deal of front office people thought he was better than the people getting jobs- so if there was a conspiracy to keep him from getting back in the NFL, then that's wrong.

Shit, theres a ton of active PLAYERS who believe he is better than the people holding QB gigs. Many on his former team. Im sure that CJ Beathard inspires, though, because ya know, hes producing and all ?.

If Geno Smith can hold a backup gig in the NFLdude that didnt ever really help himself out and wasnt the hardest working guy around, theres no reason for Kaeps unemployment other than the PR. And whatever, thats fine. But you better bet dude should be going after these guys to find out whats there and whos saying what to each other.

LOL, wouldn't it though? But for the record... I'm only 'outraged' at the outrage. It's like .... meta-outrage.

Who are these 'front office people' who thought he was better than the people getting jobs? Has anybody gone on record? I'd be surprised... a front office guy coming out and saying that Kaepernick is better than the guys on his own roster? Well shit, that would be career suicide.

And I do agree with you that if there was a conspiracy, collusion, etc., that is so very wrong.

Shit, theres a ton of active PLAYERS who believe he is better than the people holding QB gigs. Many on his former team. Im sure that CJ Beathard inspires, though, because ya know, hes producing and all .

If Geno Smith can hold a backup gig in the NFLdude that didnt ever really help himself out and wasnt the hardest working guy around, theres no reason for Kaeps unemployment other than the PR. And whatever, thats fine. But you better bet dude should be going after these guys to find out whats there and whos saying what to each other.

Yeah.... I don't get that either. Why Geno Smith, and not Kaepernick? I guess Geno has been more apt to attempt to play from the pocket, so in that sense he made more sense for the Giants. But I don't like either as a player, and frankly would have preferred to just go with the rookie as a backup, because lets face it, Geno, or the rookie, or Kaepernick, either way the season is fucked if Eli goes down (and has been thoroughly fucked regardless).

As far as we know, there was no hint of a conspiracy to keep TO out of the NFL

I'm not saying there is. I'm talking about individual owners deciding not to sign him. We're all in agreement that if actual collusion existed with kaepernick then that's a huge crime. I'm talking about the non-collusion argument that these owners should sign him over this guy or that guy.

And for the record I would totally sign kaepernick as a backup if I owned a team. He'd be one of the best ones in the league and I don't have an issue with flag protests. And while I think the whole issue is being overcovered and the media is fanning divisive flames for profit, that still wouldn't supersede the football related pro's of having him on my team. I would've signed Owens in a heartbeat too.

That doesn't mean I think we can force owners to do something they don't want to do though.

Seattle was the perfect place for him. He could run that offense and be comfortable in it. Not as good as Wilson but a more than able back up. Not that many other teams for him. He would not be comfortable in Eli's offense

The reason Kapper isnt signed is the same reason why Tebow is playing baseball and Ownes was out of football despite being a starting WR.

Teams don't like headaches/drama.

The moment some team has any hint of interest signing Kapper the public starts crying "Why havent they signed him? Bunch of racist old white men running the show that's why"

The moment he is signed it will be "Why isnt he starting? Bunch of old racist white men running the show that's why"

The moment he is playing and the team is losing "It's not Kappers fault just a conspiracy of old white men running the NFL"

Tebow was a model pro athlete and team mate, yet teams didn't want to listen to the legion of Tebow fans screaming bloody murder when he was sitting on the bench.

Kaep: It's not collusion, it's not that he's not good enough, it's not the headache, either. It's the bottom line. It's all about the money. And any team that signs Kaepernick will take a large financial hit because he's such a divisive figure in the American consciousness that many people will not watch, will not attend games, will not buy merchandise, and so on. He is terrible for business. That's why he's not signed. It has everything to do with the business aspect of football, not the on-field product. Of course he's good enough to be a back-up QB in the league. But he's already lost the NFL millions, and any team that signs him, they will get financially crushed.

As for Elliott, this was entirely expected. Only question now is if he can get another appeal.

Sure... and you're tone deaf... you just keep telling yourself that inequality is in people's heads.

That should make things better.

What inequality are we talking about? We're in America...you can choose to be better than equal if you want here. Try travelling. Ever been to a third world country? There is no inequality accept the inequality that people make for themselves here.

What inequality are we talking about? We're in America...you can choose to be better than equal if you want here. Try travelling. Ever been to a third world country? There is no inequality accept the inequality that people make for themselves here.

well, now we know Jim is white.

That's mighty white of you to say.