SportsWrath

When do we see Webb?

BlueInCanada

What I mean is that manning(arguably), jpp, vernon, Jenkins, flowers, apple, Ellison and Harrison are all basically uncutable and they take up around 63% of the cap.

That leaves us with 19+ mil in cap space with vereen, Robinson, fluker, Casillas, Pugh, Wynn, richburg, darkwa, bromley, king, and kennard set to be free agents. Obviously we cant and dont want to resign all these guys but these are all guys who logged significant snaps for us over the past couple of seasons. Those snaps need to be filled. Then we have Beckhams contract and collins down the road assuming he reverts back to form next year.

The only cuts where you can save serious money are drc (6.5), Marshall (5.1), Harris (2.3) which pushes us to 33 mil with a ton of spots to fill.

If you truly want to rebuild you can cut Eli whose dead money (12) exceeds the cap savings (9.8)

but that means were tanking with only 43 million in cap space and a half dozen super expensive uncutable veterans on a team going nowhere that just lost 3 starters on the o-line. Its not an attractive rebuilding situation. The best option for next year might be to try and retool on the fly which requires A+ hirings at coach and gm.

I don't think the team needs a complete teardown and rebuild. Right now we're out of linebackers again. We need another offensive tackle. Maybe we can move Hart to Guard because the guy is killing us at RT.

We need at least 2 starters on the OL and better back ups...

I don't think the team needs a complete teardown and rebuild. Right now we're out of linebackers again. We need another offensive tackle. Maybe we can move Hart to Guard because the guy is killing us at RT.

I dont know Temp.....55 point home lose....1 and 7.....we are closer to being the Browns then the Bears......and by rebuild I mean we need to hose the leadership that go the team here...McAdoo and Reece...gonzo....and put Eli on a life raft to a contender like the Colts did with his brother to show some class....and get another high draft pick.

Let the new leadership plug the gaps you point out and make it a 1 to 2 year deal instead of a 3 or 4 year deal.

C. Wagon

I dont know Temp.....55 point home lose....1 and 7.....we are closer to being the Browns then the Bears......and by rebuild I mean we need to hose the leadership that go the team here...McAdoo and Reece...gonzo....and put Eli on a life raft to a contender like the Colts did with his brother to show some class....and get another high draft pick.

Let the new leadership plug the gaps you point out and make it a 1 to 2 year deal instead of a 3 or 4 year deal.

C. Wagon

I think Eli would retire over being asked where he would like to be traded.

There is significant talent across the board on the team. There were some fatal flaws that have killed the team as well and they are correctable, ask the Rams.

I agree. This team just needs better coaching. McAdoo unfortunately was Peter Principled and clearly can't handle it. The Giants have many good players at key positions but unfortunately they are being setup to fail with poor coaching.

The defensive line is garbage and cant get any pressure. The linebackers are never on the field at the same time and are filled with mid-round talent. Cornerback is a huge question mark because DRC is gone, Apple is not very good, and Jenkins is being a headache. Obviously the offensive line has a few starters but by a few I mean like 2. The running backs arent scaring anyone (but Mcadoo only runs the ball as an afterthought, though; and then the team goes down by 20 and its not practical to run the ball). You know what I think of Manning; appreciative of what hes done but hes simply not athletic or skilled enough to do what they are asking him to do; which is carry the team. He hasnt been for years and theyve asked him to, for years.

I dont see where this is that talented of a team.

There is significant talent across the board on the team. There were some fatal flaws that have killed the team as well and they are correctable, ask the Rams.

I don't follow other teams... so I have to ask: What about the Rams?

The rams were awful but had a bunch of talent. They got a new coach and used free agency and trades to fix their o-line(including the guy we shouldve signed) and receivers and theyre a different team now.

The rams were awful but had a bunch of talent. They got a new coach and used free agency and trades to fix their o-line(including the guy we shouldve signed) and receivers and theyre a different team now.

Yea I thought they'd continue to suck and I'm surprised by their quick turn around from last year to this one.

I think it'd be foolish not to give Webb some time in what has become a wasted season. Let Eli have 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters...give Webb the 3rd. Matter of fact, I'd give Webb a minimum of 3 possessions in the 2nd half of these games until the end of the season. Maybe not this Sunday given practice reps, but I'd make damn sure he'd appear in 5 or 6 games between now and December.

At the very least, you put game tape out there on him. If the organization is dead set on Manning as the infallible starter, then you shop Webb around and draft someone top 5 next year.

This team needs an RB and couple players on the OL - thats it. The rest of it is pretty much NFL calibre and can contend when the goings are good. We are not in a full rebuild mode - just been a little too unlucky this year. Eli is still the man who puts us in the best situation to win. There is no way Id bench him if we have a capable RB - and a half decent OL. We should draft that RB stud in the top 5 next draft. Look at FA for OL help. That should put us right back.

I think it'd be foolish not to give Webb some time in what has become a wasted season. Let Eli have 1st, 2nd, and 4th quarters...give Webb the 3rd. Matter of fact, I'd give Webb a minimum of 3 possessions in the 2nd half of these games until the end of the season. Maybe not this Sunday given practice reps, but I'd make damn sure he'd appear in 5 or 6 games between now and December.

That's actually my thinking as well... this is not throwing Eli under the bus or discounting him... if anything it will help preserve him. Webb is in no rush to start... my ideal situation is a Favre/Rodgers type of transition only Eli is classy and should never be compared to Favre.

Eli can still sling it... and he's a vet and his experience can not be taken for granted... besides he's just too New York Giants for me to see him in another uniform.

What is Webb going to do besides get hit out there? No protection and only two guys to throw it to. We will find out what Webb has when the time comes and he is ready, as well as the team.

I realize the push now is just to find another reason to watch the Giants play. Putting Webb out there doesn't help him or the team.

What is Webb going to do besides get hit out there? No protection and only two guys to throw it to. We will find out what Webb has when the time comes and he is ready, as well as the team.

I realize the push now is just to find another reason to watch the Giants play. Putting Webb out there doesn't help him or the team.

Yea but we still need to find out what he's made of... and we preserve Eli in the process...

The push is because we have the opportunity come draft day to take a QB high in the 1st round in a class that is being regarded as one for the ages when it comes to QBs. Because we suck ass and because we'll have a high pick...that's the push. If Webb has what it takes, then we can use that valuable pick for a top RB or top OT or trade it and acquire future picks. If Webb doesn't have it, then we take the best QB at our pick on draft day.

If we were having a good year, even mediocre year, where we didn't have a shot at one of the top guys, you wouldn't see folks clamoring for Webb.

When Eli Manning retires, Davis Webb will get his opportunity to play and win some games for the NY Giants. Now if he doesn't turn into that QB, we'll be back in the top 5 of the draft soon enough.

We might have the opportunity to draft a QB in 2018 in the top 5, but he'll still be playing behind that offensive line. I've noticed most years before the draft there is that player the QB gurus call the once in a generation talent. Yeah they don't listen to what they said the year before about that last once in a generation QB. They didn't think much of Wentz & Goff who are having a solid second season in the NFL.

We're not going to see anything in Webb in 6 games with our current offense to say this guy is the QB of the future or will never be so let us go draft a QB in 2018.

Remember what we saw out of Eli Manning his first 6 games http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/careerstats

Honestly Webb will be lucky to put in a Danny Kanell performance.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaneDa00.htm

There's only three ways Webb sees the field:

1. Eli gets hurt and Geno plays like Geno.

2. Mara requests it.

3. In a fit of desperation, HackAdoo puts him in hoping to win a few games at the end so that he can say "this is the guy I wanted in the draft, it was actually Eli who held us back, look how good my system is with the right QB, etc."

I still think the chances are slim. Maybe the team should call Coughlin to find out the best way to "turn our 3rd into a first" like he did during all those 6-10 seasons with Ryan Nassib.

I think eli starts every game to keep his streak intact- they owe him that. but if they're down by 20 in the 3rd, he doesn't have to finish.

And that makes sense. Other than that particular scenario there's no reason to throw the kid to the wolves like that under the guise of "evaluation". The hell are we evaluating when all we have are scraps left?

What is he going to do when he gets asked to take a big, big pay cut...cause...that is SOP for guys his age...and its coming.

C. Wagon

What is he going to do when he gets asked to take a big, big pay cut...cause...that is SOP for guys his age...and its coming.

C. Wagon

I would be very interested to see the day the Giants walk up to him and ask for that. Manning is being paid what starting QB's are paid nowadays. We balk at the idea of QBs making over $20 million a year, Eli makes less than that and is getting what comparable QBs are making. I admired Brady for saying give me less and make the team better around me.

Vernon & JPP are going to be making more than Manning very soon.