SportsWrath

Official NFL Draft 2017 thread

Bigblue25

I'm not upset because I liked Corey Davis a lot. Take away the position. Think of Engram as a WR. Put him across from OBJ in a couple of years, with Shep in the slot, fuck... I have wood. Look, I'm not an Engram guy. I thought the Giants needed OL help more than anything. If you said that Ramczyk, Robinson, and Lamp were all on the board at #23, I would take Ramczyk.

Howeva, it is NOT lost on me that Engram is a matchup nightmare. He is going to take a lot of pressure off of OBJ. This does have true, scary impact potential. Size-speed measurables are off-the-charts good, very close to the best in the draft. Hard to criticize the pick even though I was leaning in a very different direction.

I'm not upset because I liked Corey Davis a lot. Take away the position. Think of Engram as a WR. Put him across from OBJ in a couple of years, with Shep in the slot, fuck... I have wood. Look, I'm not an Engram guy. I thought the Giants needed OL help more than anything. If you said that Ramczyk, Robinson, and Lamp were all on the board at #23, I would take Ramczyk.

Howeva, it is NOT lost on me that Engram is a matchup nightmare. He is going to take a lot of pressure off of OBJ. This does have true, scary impact potential. Size-speed measurables are off-the-charts good, very close to the best in the draft. Hard to criticize the pick even though I was leaning in a very different direction.

Aside from the Travis Beckum comparison I made my biggest issue is OJ Howard fell all the way to 19 and Reese already came out and said they made no attempt to trade up and grab him. Howard is the prototypical old-style 2-way TE and he went literally 4 picks ahead of us with NO ATTEMPT OR EFFORT AT ALL from our gm to go and get him. I don't understand this at all. The second he fell to 15 I would've been on the phone.

Aside from the Travis Beckum comparison I made my biggest issue is OJ Howard fell all the way to 19 and Reese already came out and said they made no attempt to trade up and grab him. Howard is the prototypical old-style 2-way TE and he went literally 4 picks ahead of us with NO ATTEMPT OR EFFORT AT ALL from our gm to go and get him. I don't understand this at all. The second he fell to 15 I would've been on the phone.

You never know how expensive it would've been. Giants were in a good spot at 23 with what happened in front of them. I'm a Howard fan but you have to give something to move up and I'm good with them holding on to their picks... they will pay dividends tomorrow and over the weekend.

You never know how expensive it would've been. Giants were in a good spot at 23 with what happened in front of them. I'm a Howard fan but you have to give something to move up and I'm good with them holding on to their picks... they will pay dividends tomorrow and over the weekend.

23 to 18 should not have broken the bank, but we'll never know because Reese didn't even try... and he admitted to that.

23 to 18 should not have broken the bank, but we'll never know because Reese didn't even try... and he admitted to that.

I mean if a team knows you are desperate enough to make a trade, like the Gints would have been if they were scrambling for Howard, what makes you think a team wouldn't of fucked us six ways to Sunday?

It could of easily been a second round pick, or multiple 3rd-4th round picks.

Besides Engram is far and away the better pass catcher between the two, Howard is just a more complete TE.

One thing to keep in mind though, how often does MacAttack rely on a TE to block? His gameplan isnt designed around it, the RB has more responsibility in blocking than the TE.

Did you see what teams were paying to move up, even a few spots? To move up 5 spots at that point would have cost our #2 at least and maybe our 4th, too. I'm just as happy with the way it turned out.