SportsWrath

The 1 and 4 club.

BlueInCanada

This is the 99 draft all over again with mayfield as McNabb and the others as couch mcnown Smith and Culpepper. And we end up with Edgerrin James x 10

This is probably the best description anyone can think of. Given Barry Sanders is pretty much my favorite football player of all time (I really didn't get to see much of LT and when I did I had no idea what football was about)... Barkley is making too easy to fall in love with him.. not just his play on the field but also his demeanor... I love that he doesn't act like a clown when he scores a touch down.

Rosen made a couple pretty throws but right now Im questioning his decision making and ability to read defenses. Nothing that cant be taught but hes a couple years away.

Rosen was my guy early in the draft process, but I heard comps to Bradford and then starting seeing them myself as I got further into his games

I don't really see much of Sanders in Barkley's game, other than how low both guys play. Beyond that they have very different styles.

Sanders was unique, there will never be another.

Yeah Sanders and Barkley are nothing alike.

Sanders was like fluid, the guy just went into a pile of 11 defenders and just spun his way out of it, the entire defense looked like it was in slow motion with Sanders.

Sanders made guys miss with his quickness and agility, Barkley gets out of tackles by out running guys or simply powering thru them with ease.

Barkley is more like Jim Brown or TD, the kid is to strong and fast to be brought down by simple arm/leg tackles and is STUPID quick for his size.

Barkley hits his top speed in a single stride, and when a guy his size hits the edge he's just gone in a cloud of dust.

Both are very unique, but I don't think anything alike, outside of being impossible to bring down.

Oh and also;

LOLOLOL" we should of drafted one of these QBs"

Literally the best RB to come out of the draft in ages, literally the only player you've heard of in the last 5 years to be "A generational type of player"

2 things can equally be true:

Barkley was a no brainer pick

We needed a QB

I dont think Josh Allen or Josh Rosen are going to be good quarterbacks. I think Darnold will be decent. Mayfield was gone. If they werent in love with Darnold, Barkley was the right pick.

I hope Barkley is great forever.Theres no real relevant data to show that a great RB leads to championships. Usually they fizzle after a couple years. Even the long lasting ones like Tomlinson and AP havent had that kind of effect.
He can be a great piece of the puzzle but we need a QB. Otherwise its the 90s again.

marshall faulk was a big part of showtime or whatever they called themselves. But they needed a QB...Payton struggled with bad teams until the defense dominated...Emmitt , ok i'll give you that. The RB who had the most influence on Dallas winning was Herscel Walker.

And don't start bringing up Crazy Legs Hirsch

marshall faulk was a big part of showtime or whatever they called themselves. But they needed a QB...Payton struggled with bad teams until the defense dominated...Emmitt , ok i'll give you that. The RB who had the most influence on Dallas winning was Herscel Walker.

And don't start bringing up Crazy Legs Hirsch

It was plug and play at QB for those Rams. Trent Green would have put up huge numbers, I think Kurt Warner stole his lunch. Mark Bulger put up big numbers after they got tired of the blind church of Kurt.

I don't know how you guys can say Barry and Barkley are nothing alike. What makes both so dangerous is there ability to change direction without slowing down. That misdirection side step that just stops defenders in there tracks. Then the acrobatic hurtles and the low center of gravity to power through tackles. I just watch a Sander's top 50, and a few of them looked exactly like Barkley's best plays so far this year.

I'm certain once Barkley has enough highlight plays you could do a split screen and showing the similarities between the two. Seems to me they are many.

I know what you mean Jayd, it's a short list of guys with the same kind of stop and cut quickness as Barkley and Sanders.

What I mean is they both have different styles. Sanders broke all the rules - he would stop his feet in the backfield, wait to see where the defense was going, and then just run away from them, at full speed in one step. Nobody else could ever do that. Barkley is 3 or 4 inches taller, 30 lbs heavier, and as quick as he is he can't do that either.

They have different field vision, different styles... Sanders was a legend though, it's hard for me to put anybody on his level.

I hope Barkley is great forever.Theres no real relevant data to show that a great RB leads to championships. Usually they fizzle after a couple years. Even the long lasting ones like Tomlinson and AP havent had that kind of effect.

He can be a great piece of the puzzle but we need a QB. Otherwise its the 90s again.

I cant understate how excited I am for Barkley being our RB.... this offseason we should be able to improve our OL and address the Qb situation although Eli can still play with a decent OL...

I don't know how you guys can say Barry and Barkley are nothing alike. What makes both so dangerous is there ability to change direction without slowing down. That misdirection side step that just stops defenders in there tracks. Then the acrobatic hurtles and the low center of gravity to power through tackles. I just watch a Sander's top 50, and a few of them looked exactly like Barkley's best plays so far this year.

I'm certain once Barkley has enough highlight plays you could do a split screen and showing the similarities between the two. Seems to me they are many.

Lets hope they dont have a short career with terrible QBs in common.