SportsWrath

Giants trade down?

Sephiroth

It seems to be widely known in NFL circles that both teams have an amazingly non existent relationship yet somehow they both play in the same stadium. There is some level of mistrust that regularly keeps them from operating favorably with each other. You would think they were division rivals.

It's one sided... the Jets feel inferior.. and they are.

Not if that QB is taken in the 1st or 2nd picks.

You honestly think the Jets arent doing their research on all of the QBs?

You dont make a trade to #3 thinking "OH boy I hope the Browns and Giants don't take our guy, lets all cross our fingers and toes!" lol

They know what the Giants/Browns are going to do, and who is more then likely going to be there at #3.

If they had any doubt about it they would of traded up to #1 to get the guy no questions asked.

You're giving the Jets a lot of credit that they don't deserve.

So you honestly think the entire FO there just said "Fuck it lets trade away all these picks and hope that guy is there"?

Man I really wish all teams did that every year, the Giants should be swimming in offers for pick #2.

So you honestly think the entire FO there just said "Fuck it lets trade away all these picks and hope that guy is there"?

Man I really wish all teams did that every year, the Giants should be swimming in offers for pick #2.

They have a little less than a 50-50 shot, which is good odds,that their guy is available at the 3 . Thing is, whomever they pick will be the guy they wanted all along.

How so?

well if QB's are taken 1 and 2, most likely their guy is gone. If it's RB and QB as most think, it's 50-50.

Maybe their guy is interchangeable, who knows. But let me ask you, how would they know what 1 and 2 are going to be?

well if QB's are taken 1 and 2, most likely their guy is gone. If it's RB and QB as most think, it's 50-50.

Maybe their guy is interchangeable, who knows. But let me ask you, how would they know what 1 and 2 are going to be?

Just like how other teams now how to trade up in a draft before a player they want is taken.

How did the Bears know to trade up and take Ffloyd before the Giants did?

Not to mention maybe they dont have "the guy" maybe they are fine with whoever is left, why I said they will do research on all of them.

I mean so far Darnold, Rosen and Allen are the top three, only two of them can be taken, if they are taken before they pick.

Or maybe they want Mayfield who isnt expected to go one or two.

I mean how does anyone come up with a mock draft about where a player will go? By your logic from picks 1 and down it's just a crap shoot hoping the player you want isnt taken, when guys in the FO spend all year doing as much research as they can on their team and NFL teams trying to come up with a draft board.

It's how a team knows when a player is coveted by another team, you see it every year.

You honestly think the Jets arent doing their research on all of the QBs?

You dont make a trade to #3 thinking "OH boy I hope the Browns and Giants don't take our guy, lets all cross our fingers and toes!" lol

They know what the Giants/Browns are going to do, and who is more then likely going to be there at #3.

If they had any doubt about it they would of traded up to #1 to get the guy no questions asked.

I just think their calculation is they'll be happy with any of the top 3 QBs Darnold (sp), Rosen, and that 3rd guy with 54% completion...

I think they really like Josh Allen...

Not to mention maybe they dont have "the guy" maybe they are fine with whoever is left,

Which is exactly what I said

By your logic from picks 1 and down it's just a crap shoot hoping the player you want isnt taken,

not my logic at all

Just like how other teams now how to trade up in a draft before a player they want is taken.

How did the Bears know to trade up and take Ffloyd before the Giants did?

Not to mention maybe they dont have "the guy" maybe they are fine with whoever is left, why I said they will do research on all of them.

I mean so far Darnold, Rosen and Allen are the top three, only two of them can be taken, if they are taken before they pick.

Or maybe they want Mayfield who isnt expected to go one or two.

I mean how does anyone come up with a mock draft about where a player will go? By your logic from picks 1 and down it's just a crap shoot hoping the player you want isnt taken, when guys in the FO spend all year doing as much research as they can on their team and NFL teams trying to come up with a draft board.

It's how a team knows when a player is coveted by another team, you see it every year.

I think the Jets just want a QB and there are two tiers at the top...Darnold/Rosen and then Mayfield/Allen. The Jets probably figure that at 3 they either get one of the top tier or their pick of the second tier.

Man that would be a dream come true... we get an extra pick and still get our guy (Nelson or Barkley)..

Nas ... that would be the dream. I just saw Nelson pick up a 300 lb DT and toss him to the ground as if he was a child. This dude is a beast

Nas ... that would be the dream. I just saw Nelson pick up a 300 lb DT and toss him to the ground as if he was a child. This dude is a beast

Everything I've read about him says he's once in a generation kindda player....

What about a trade with the browns? I know it doesn't make any sense for them, but they are the browns after all.

Our second overall for their fourth overall and a second and third round pick in 2018?

That gives us five picks in the top hundred this year

I'm dreaming, but again, it's the browns

Everything I've read about him says he's once in a generation kindda player....

Once in a generation Guard.... Thats a tough pickup at #2 and a tough pickup if there is a potential 10 year QB and a Top Tier RB sitting there... not to mention a can't miss DE.

Id rather have a once in a generation guard than rb. Adrian Peterson is done at age 32. Steve Hutchinson was all-pro at 32

longevity isn't a running backs strong suit. I agree...plus serviceable to good to great running backs can be had in the middle and later rounds.

Reginald Bush was Eric Dickerson, barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers combined...and he sucked.

The guy is like, not even a human being. I watched a highlight video of just a regular Notre Dame game where he was pushing a 300-lb nose tackle 10 yards off the line on just about every play.