SportsWrath

Fanduel and DraftKing scandal

Lughead

I wonder if they have access to the percent of players that are being drafted earlier than what they are saying, though. Very interesting. The guy is a grinder, and was a DFS star before being in that role, I believe. Not sure I care about this scandal that much.

the speculation here is that they had access to the play percentages and would just play them all and collect if any of them went off like a Travis Benjamin a few weeks ago or tavon Austin this past Sunday. I really am not a fan of any type of game where I can start a team that does very well and collect nothing--whether it's on the level or not. It's just a supplemental thing to regular fantasy and gambling to me

nobody is accusing them of it officially, it's just being questioned because they refuse to show how they regulate their pool and how they keep their shit secure. they said a horse racing guy is the one who uncovered this and nobody would know about parimutuel corruption and electronic security more than someone like that

Saying on TV that around 50 employees of Draft Kings have won like 200.000 each on Fanduel. No matter how you look at it, that looks mighty fishy.

Yeah it sure does. I think I'm glad I'm on DK, but then again, maybe not. Dammit I want to hit big like that.

Yeah it sure does. I think I'm glad I'm on DK, but then again, maybe not. Dammit I want to hit big like that.

No doubt, I get really close and just win little pots to keep playing. They better not close them down, I like playing and it makes Sundays even more fun.

Most of those DK guys would have been previous hard-core FD winners though, that's why they hired them. I don't think it's necessarily fishy unless they're using play %'s from DK (private info) to estimate the play %'s on FD. They also don't say how much they've bet, or lost. They likely won $200K by placing $100K+ of bets.

i've never played dps baseball so i don't know if there's a lot less variance if you know what you're doing, but my first inclindation is to say "that's all i need to see."

That's a hell of an inclindation.

hercstrizzo,

As the three co-founders of DraftKings, we want to speak to you directly about what has been going on.

We know that you play DraftKings because it's fun and because it gives you a chance to showcase your skills against millions of other fans, and we know that you cannot do that without a level playing field.

The fairness and integrity of our contests has been at the heart of everything we have built since we started the company three and a half years ago.

Over the past week, questions have arisen around an employee of ours who won a significant prize on a competitor's site. While our internal investigation has reflected absolutely no wrongdoing on his part, this has still pushed us to reevaluate our processes.

Long before this happened, the wheels were in motion for an external review of our policies and procedures. Given the pace of our growth, we felt that an audit was critical to ensure the security of our platform, so we hired an external law firm experienced with these issues to conduct a full review.

But that is not enough. In addition to this audit, we have put in place a set of core measures that we believe are central to this process:

• We expanded our existing policy prohibiting DraftKings employees from playing on our site to prohibit participation in any public daily fantasy sports contests for money.
  • We also will prohibit employees from any other Daily Fantasy Sports contest operator from participating in games on DraftKings.
  • We are actively reviewing our organizational structure and will add resources to ensure compliance with all recommendations stemming from internal and external findings.
  • We are working with multiple third parties to strengthen all internal policies and procedures.

The events of the past week have caused us to take a broader look and to ask those both here and externally to widen the scope of their analysis of our business.

We are aware that there is room for growth, regardless of the strength of our current platform. We will work tirelessly to improve all aspects of our customer experience, which is every bit as important to us as the effort we put into our product.

You will no doubt continue to hear from the media about both DraftKings and the industry. It is our prerogative to keep driving that conversation ourselves. We will work to respond to your concerns in complete transparency and to inform you of the steps we are taking to inspire your full trust.

Please know how grateful we are for the passion and loyalty you have shown DraftKings throughout our history and especially over the past week. You remain our greatest priority.

Thank you,

Jason Robins, Matt Kalish & Paul Liberman
Co-Founders, DraftKings

and they'll match your damages up to 200 bucks with promo code: [any word in the dictionary]

question is would you be able to continue to play on the site Also would it be a cash in lue of a check sent to you or would it be a credit added to your account?