SportsWrath

Maziel is a liar as well as an idiot, apparently.

Treehugger

Johnny Manziel Has Gone Totally Off The Rails, Now Living With Josh Gordon [uPDATED]

johnny.png

• Tanya Ray Fox
  • 4:04 pm, April 11th, 2016

It’s official everyone. Young John Football has finally finished the slow, arduous transition from irresponsible frat bro to full-fledged delusional mess. Not only is he still constantly partying like it’s 1999, but at this point it appears he doesn’t even know where or with whom he is living.

TMZ posted a video this past weekend of their run-in with Manziel in West Hollywood on Saturday night, during which the NFL free agent explained that he was out in Los Angeles getting his act together by living with his “brother” Von Miller.

“I’m living out here with my guy, Von Miller,” Manziel told TMZ. “Everybody knows Von Miller. Super Bowl MVP. Von Miller, my brother. I’m living with him right now. We’re getting our lives together.”

He also explains, while visibly under the influence, that there’s a difference between partying and being out of control. Well Johnny, I hate to break it to you but there’s also a difference between living with someone and merely being in the same city at the same time. According to Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver, who spoke with someone close to Miller, whatever Manziel spouted to TMZ during that manic interview was nothing more than a fairy tale.

Hold onto your hats though folks, because this isn’t nearly the end of this. On Monday afternoon, it was reported that Manziel is actually living with another football player. It’s just not Von Miller.

According to ESPN’s sources, Manziel is living with Josh Gordon in an apartment off of Sunset Boulevard. JOSH. GORDON. The same Josh Gordon who was suspended indefinitely from the NFL last year after violating the substance abuse policy for the 324th time (approximately.) The same Josh Gordon just the year before that was arrested and plead guilty to a DUI, triggering a 10 game-suspension.

If this report is true, it means that Manziel actually knew how bad it would look for him to say who he was actually living with in LA, and knew he had to lie. Manziel and Miller are merely living in the same city; and despite dragging the DWTS franchise on for about eight-too-many seasons, ABC is not nearly stupid enough to let Johnny Manziel anywhere near their brand.

But Josh Gordon’s reputation can’t get much worse so…why not?!

It’s also more than a little sad that Manziel is so obviously trying to latch onto the success of the Super Bowl MVP, who is currently experiencing the best professional year of his career. It’s said it before and apparently it bears repeating: success is not contagious. You can’t catch it by being in the same elevator with someone when they sneeze. You can, however, very easily fall into bad habits when there is someone else there to validate them.

If you think things can’t get any worse from here, you don’t know Johnny. Stay with us, because it won’t be long until Johnny has a new roommate; hopefully in a supervised facility.

UPDATED

Josh Gordon, in his bid for reinstatement into the NFL after being suspended for a year, has failed another drug test. We thought his suspension was just extended for living with Manziel.

I've said it before but I'm getting a wiff of the same stench from Elliot.

Teams Have Hard-Party Drug Concerns with Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott

Updated March 15, 2016

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Eastern Kentucky edge rusher Noah Spence was a standout pass-rusher at Ohio State before positive tests for the party drug ecstasy led to him being kicked out of the program. At the Senior Bowl, teams interviewed Spence about his issues at Ohio State, and while he wouldn't name names, he said that he wasn't the only Buckeye player who was using ecstasy while partying. In speaking with sources at multiple teams, two of the players that teams suspect for that type of partying are defensive end Joey Bosa and running back Ezekiel Elliott.

To be clear, neither player had a positive drug test for ecstasy or molly (MDMA). However, Bosa was suspended for the opening game of the 2015 season. Ohio State didn't clarify the exact offense for the suspension, but Bosa told teams during the NFL Combine interviews that he was suspended because he refused to take a drug test. That counted as a positive and thus he was automatically slapped with the suspension.

Bosa told teams that he wouldn't take the test because he was going to test positive for adderall. He is said to have ADHD or ADD, so teams wouldn't have held that positive test for adderall against him and they feel he should have just gotten a prescription for the medication. Teams believe that Bosa knew he was going to test positive for worse drugs and that is why he refused to take the test. Bosa wouldn't admit to using ecstasy or molly, but he did admit that he likes to attend raves. He claimed that he likes going to raves for the "music," which teams found to be very questionable. Molly and ecstasy are common drugs used at raves.

At Ohio State, Bosa was a roommate with Ezekiel Elliott. Apparently, their shared place was a party destination, and Bosa told teams that he had to move out and get his own place to get away from all the parties that Elliott had going on. Sources say they suspect that Elliott was also using molly and ecstasy while parting. A number of Elliott's teammates in the Combine interviews told teams that Elliott was a partier, and a unique individual. They said they hung out with him some, but he rubbed some the wrong way. Sources from multiple teams said that Elliott didn't interview well at the Combine, while Bosa had mixed feedback. The skepticism of why he goes to raves and the refusal of the drug test bothered some evaluators.

Lastly, teams said they don't expect these concerns to have an impact on the draft stock of either player. They firmly expect Bosa to go in the top 10 and Elliott to be selected in the top 20. Sources don't believe either is a candidate to slide. Teams in the 20s expect Elliott to be long gone, while sources with the Titans have said that Bosa is still in the running for the No. 1 overall pick to Tennessee, but Florida State defensive back Jalen Ramsey is the current leader with the Titans (see below). While teams suspect Bosa and Elliott of using those drugs, they don't have view them as risks like Randy Gregory last year. Teams don't think that Bosa and Elliott are serious candidates to be landing suspensions and testing positive in the NFL. Thus, both should be high draft picks in the 2016 NFL Draft.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

I called it before he was drafted. He had "mess" written all over him.

He was nothing but pure ESPN Hype. Not happy to see anyone piss away their natural talent, but have to say it's funny considering what everyone was saying about this jackass when he was in college.

"Johnny Football".... LMFAO.

He was nothing but pure ESPN Hype. Not happy to see anyone piss away their natural talent, but have to say it's funny considering what everyone was saying about this jackass when he was in college.

"Johnny Football".... LMFAO.

Haha, I remember people on the ESPN boards calling the Jaguars stupid and that they will "always be a loser" because they chose Bortles over Manziel. It was Bortles just on football merit, all the way.

Haha, I remember people on the ESPN boards calling the Jaguars stupid and that they will "always be a loser" because they chose Bortles over Manziel. It was Bortles just on football merit, all the way.

Yeah the draft hype was ridiculous. I hadn't even heard of Bortles when they made the pick, even though he was the superior talent.

Everyone shit on the jags for drafting bortles so high. They are having the last laugh, his physical ability is off the charts

If everyone truly thinks you drafted too high, then you probably did. Regardless of how the player ultimately performs

If everyone truly thinks you drafted too high, then you probably did. Regardless of how the player ultimately performs

I just think everybody was wrong except the jags. Can't play draft value games when it comes to a guy you believe is a franchise qb

I just think everybody was wrong except the jags. Can't play draft value games when it comes to a guy you believe is a franchise qb

no doubt, but in hindsight, they could've traded down a few picks and still got him. if everyone is telling the truth.

I'm surprised at this. I watched that E:60 about him and he seemed like a centered kid with a good family.

His statements about how whichever team drafted him would win a Superbowl are what raised the flag for me. He seems supremely arrogant. It's just a feeling I get but I think he's a prime candidate to Maziel his career.

His statements about how whichever team drafted him would win a Superbowl are what raised the flag for me. He seems supremely arrogant. It's just a feeling I get but I think he's a prime candidate to Maziel his career.

"To Maziel"...and...'so...are you feeling rapey"....will be in your obituary Tree.

C. Wagon

We don't know that everybody did... if Bortles would've still been available at pick 4, who knows where he gets drafted. Jags got their franchise QB at 3. Browns are still searching.

Los Angeles police: Johnny Manziel was a passenger in a hit-and-run
By John Breech | CBSSports.com
April 13, 2016 7:56 pm ET

The crazy offseason of Johnny Manziel took another wild turn on Wednesday when Los Angeles police revealed that the former Browns quarterback was recently the passenger in a car that was involved in a hit-and-run.

An LAPD spokesman told USA Today that Manziel was in a vehicle with his friend, Ryan Silverstein, on Saturday when the car ran into a light pole. According to TMZ, both Manziel and Silverstein left the scene of the accident, which led to the hit-and-run investigation.

Although Manziel left the scene on foot, he eventually caught a ride from suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon (who may or may not be his roommate).

Manziel would later return to the scene. The 23-year-old hasn't been charged with any crime, although the investigation is still ongoing.

The accident happened on the same night that Manziel was caught on video saying that he lived with Von Miller, a statement that turned out to be completely untrue.

No one seems to know what's going on with Manziel right now, including his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. According to ESPN.com, Rosenhaus has threatened to fire Manziel unless the quarterback agrees to get treatment.

Since being cut by the Browns on March 11, Manziel has been spending most of his time on the party circuit. Over the past month, Manziel has been splitting his party time between Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Miami. Manziel has also perfected the art of hanging out wherever there's a TMZ camera.

For his part, Manziel says it might look like he's partying, but he's really not.

"The L.A. party scene is alright," Manziel said on April 8. "I'm not really partying, though. I'm just out with some buddies. No drinking. Hanging with the boys, man. ... I'm out at the spots. I'm eating good food. Not doing anything crazy though, being smart. ... I'm not always partying. I'm just out having a good time with my boys and not drinking."

Manziel said he plans to play in 2016, but that's likely completely out of the question if he gets dumped by Rosenhaus.

I think everyone and their mother saw this one coming. What are these A holes going to do when no one wants to party with them because they are has beens?

Can't be a has-been if you never had it to begin with. A never-had-shit-been...