SportsWrath

Myles Garrett

UK-Giantsfan

surprised the guy who blindsided Rudolph only got a one game suspension.... that was the second most egregious issue last night.

I don't have a real problem with Pouncey going apeshit on Garrett.... dude just tried to kill his QB.

I'm glad all who were involved are going to be getting some sort of suspension/fine.

No need for any of that stupid shit in football.

Rudolph should get suspended as well but he is a QB and the NFL views that position differently.

I think of it this way.

If the whole situation plays out the same but Garret rips the helmet off and then drops it and walks away, are fines handed out? Yes, does anyone get suspended? No.

The moment he swung that helmet is when the situation went down the shitter.

The entire thing is on his shoulders after that point.

you really have to dig hard on what Rudolph did to drop a suspension or fine on him. I think the general presumption that Garrett is a good, smart guy made everybody assume that Rudolph must have instigated it in some way for things to escalate like that.

I don't know though, it's all like... right on the very edge of WTF is he doing. He does like five things during that encounter that could be construed as aggressive, or that could have perfect innocent explanations.

you really have to dig hard on what Rudolph did to drop a suspension or fine on him. I think the general presumption that Garrett is a good, smart guy made everybody assume that Rudolph must have instigated it in some way for things to escalate like that.

I don't know though, it's all like... right on the very edge of WTF is he doing. He does like five things during that encounter that could be construed as aggressive, or that could have perfect innocent explanations.

Oh Rudolph was definitely trying to stir shit up, getting in Garretts face multiple times, the supposed ball punching/kicking, etc.

I'm surprised he isnt receiving any sort of fine from the NFL honestly, but like you said, there was one CLEAR act of aggression that kicked the whole thing off, and it was on Garrett.

I mean look at hockey, there was a Bruins player McSorley, he literally slashed a guys head with his stick, the guy went down and his head bounced off the ice which lead to a seizure. Now throughout that entire game McSorley and Brashear were going at it, they had a fist fight that Brashear easily won and was taunting McSorley about the entire game. 5 seconds left in the game and McSorley decides he's going to become bigger than the game and takes a swing at Brashears head.

McSorley was charged in court and suspended for a year in the NHL, and he was never picked up by a team again.

Didn't see the whole game... but the 30 minutes or so I watched in the first half had two helmet to helmet hits by Browns defenders that went unflagged and this final hit was pretty clearly unnecessary roughness that also went unflagged. When that shit happens... you can expect this shit to happen. Look at Odell/Norman.

Officiating in this league is fucking terrible across the board. It's literally unwatchable.

He was involved, which is enough for the other players who were handed suspensions.

From the numerous times Ive seen it, to me it looks like when they are both grappling on the ground, initially Garretts hands are nowhere near Rudolph's helmet, but Rudolph has his hands gripped on the back underside of the Garrett's helmet and looks like he was trying to rip it off - unsuccessfully. Garrett realised this and inturn tried to rip Rudolph's helment - a sort of lets remove each others helmets and get into fisticuffs. But once the helmet was in Garrett's hand, what he did deserves a season long suspension. If it was just some Norman OBJ type horseshit it would be been dealt with easier.

ooooh, Garrett now claims that Rudolph did use a racial slur.... shits getting real!

NFL, time to break out your audio.... you know you have a recording, so lets hear it. 

I for one am dubious.... pretty weird that Garrett made no mention of it post game, and when asked about it, none of his Browns teammates said they knew anything about it either. Seems like something guys would talk about if it were true. 

14 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

ooooh, Garrett now claims that Rudolph did use a racial slur.... shits getting real!

NFL, time to break out your audio.... you know you have a recording, so lets hear it. 

I for one am dubious.... pretty weird that Garrett made no mention of it post game, and when asked about it, none of his Browns teammates said they knew anything about it either. Seems like something guys would talk about if it were true. 

I really this Kid. I hope he's not making this up.

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

I really this Kid. I hope he's not making this up.

all outward signs point to 'yes , he made it up'.

but...  maybe he just didn't want to talk about it. maybe he was - kind of ironically given the way he flipped out - trying to be the bigger person in that moment.  

Garrett trying to pull the race card isn't going to make his reinstation any easier next year when he meets with the Commish.

Guy better get real friend with Vince McMahon because I have a feeling he will be playing in the XFL for a couple years before he's let back into the NFL.

I was bored and checked out the Browns Sub-Reddit...they are practically all defending Garrett, blaming Mason for the whole thing, and claiming that the NFL is simply out to get them, alleging that the NFL has audio proof of Mason saying racist things, but is holding it back for fear of embarrassment for the league.

If that's any representation of the entire Browns fanbase, what a bunch of assholes. More reason to root against the Browns, as if you needed anymore.

1 hour ago, Treehugger said:

That's pretty soft. It was far more dangerous than what Garrett did IMO.

I dunno those helmets are meant to take blunt impacts granted I agree it was pretty egregious.

I mean swing a blunt object at someone's unprotected head or kicking at someone's head in a helmet is by far ok two different levels.

Haynesworth got what? 4 games for literally stomping on someone's head.