SportsWrath

Gettleman,when asked about Dez.

Lughead

Did you watch that pre draft interview video? It was really something else. Great insight into how this draft board is being put together. I'm really going to be confused if we draft a QB now...

Did you watch that pre draft interview video? It was really something else. Great insight into how this draft board is being put together. I'm really going to be confused if we draft a QB now...

I started watching it last night but got interrupted .. so I'll have to check it out this weekend.

I would be concerned if I were you. Eli hasn't looked very good over the past few seasons. Banking on him for the next three seasons seems shaky to me.

I would be concerned if I were you. Eli hasn't looked very good over the past few seasons. Banking on him for the next three seasons seems shaky to me.

Not just that, but Shurmur isn't exactly the type of coach that I'd label as a "leader of men" and our two best players are both up for contract renewals at the same time.

There's a great chance we're gonna be bad for a long time.

It's a roll of the dice and I'm not entirely comfortable with it...

But I get it... He still looks good sometimes, they've been terrible up front for so long that he's difficult to evaluate.

Not just that, but Shurmur isn't exactly the type of coach that I'd label as a "leader of men" and our two best players are both up for contract renewals at the same time.

There's a great chance we're gonna be bad for a long time.

Leadership comes in many forms. I really am looking forward to watching Shurmur out there in September to answer the question does he put into action what he has said and what others have said of him.

Leadership comes in many forms. I really am looking forward to watching Shurmur out there in September to answer the question does he put into action what he has said and what others have said of him.

Yeah and I think there's also a chance that we do pretty well. His coaching philosophy (change the offense to fit the player) more or less mirrors my educational philosophy and he did a lot with a little in Minnesota. The guy definitely knows his x's and o's. I can just as easily see him as a Norv Turner type that is a grade-A coordinator but doesn't have the leadership skills to hold a team together. These are kids in their 20s that are still super impressionable and Shurmur doesn't strike me as someone who a 24 year old millionaire would sacrifice his body for when the going gets rough.

Gettleman is a no-nonsense guy though and Bettcher seems to be as well, so maybe you can get by with a smaller personality at HC. It worked ok for Fassel for a while there.

Yeah and I think there's also a chance that we do pretty well. His coaching philosophy (change the offense to fit the player) more or less mirrors my educational philosophy and he did a lot with a little in Minnesota. The guy definitely knows his x's and o's. I can just as easily see him as a Norv Turner type that is a grade-A coordinator but doesn't have the leadership skills to hold a team together. These are kids in their 20s that are still super impressionable and Shurmur doesn't strike me as someone who a 24 year old millionaire would sacrifice his body for when the going gets rough.

Gettleman is a no-nonsense guy though and Bettcher seems to be as well, so maybe you can get by with a smaller personality at HC. It worked ok for Fassel for a while there.

I don't know if Shurmur has a smaller personality, just have to wait and see him out there and how the players respond to him. Didn't see a leadership problem from McAdoo in year one but come year two the team imploded. I have a better sense now of what to look for in a head coach than I did before.

But I get it... He still looks good sometimes, they've been terrible up front for so long that he's difficult to evaluate.

This... also consider that our offense for the last 2-3 seasons has been literally "SLANT TO ODELL BECKHAM JR OR BUST" and it makes it worse. Plus... 2015 Eli posted the best numbers of his career (minus yards). He's not THAT far removed from performing at a high level.

This... also consider that our offense for the last 2-3 seasons has been literally "SLANT TO ODELL BECKHAM JR OR BUST" and it makes it worse. Plus... 2015 Eli posted the best numbers of his career (minus yards). He's not THAT far removed from performing at a high level.

If the Giants don't vastly improve their O line (Solder was a good start but not enough), none of the above will matter. Then where are you? Another shit show season and two more ahead of you.

If the Giants don't vastly improve their O line (Solder was a good start but not enough), none of the above will matter. Then where are you? Another shit show season and two more ahead of you.

It has been improved now we just have to see if it is as good on the field as it is on paper.

If there isn't a draft pick playing at a high level, and/or a good vet that shakes loose late.... the Giants are as fucked up front as they have been for the last few years.

Few, what am I talking about.... they haven't been good since.... '09?

No one here thinks this line is anything special, but just moving Flowers from the LT spot is huge. Plus, my response was to your analysis that "Eli hasn't looked good the past few seasons" and I was giving you reasons why. When your offense is one-dimensional and predictable on top of that what is anyone expecting to happen aside from sub-par play?

Eli has been handcuffed by extremely poor line play, a pathetic running game coupled with retarded play calling the last couple years. Give him a little more time to throw, make the running game more reliable and Im Shurmur is a far better play caller than McFuck - and suddenly Eli will be more than capable of leading this team. Shurmur was able to make Keenum look good - he is that good with QBs and putting them in situations to succeed - imagine what Eli would be to him.

Man everyone thinks we are gonna bring in Dez. Smh. No way.

Then again they all thought Odell was as good as gone as well

All options are on the table.... Id love to have Dez on the team.