SportsWrath

Flacco

boohyah

Memory because I was on the wrong side of an argument about saban and thought he was an overrated talent because he chose Culpepper over Brees

Funny enough I remember this, Cullpeper got the big contact and the pundits were saying he was the better QB, I think mainly because no one had a lot of Sean Peyton's first year.

Watching Brees against my Irish, I knew he was going to be special. I see Brees in Baker Mayfield. Guys with intangibles and adequate arms that know how to win. They dont try to do too much and they dont panic when pressured. Mayfield will be the most successful NFL QB out of this years draft class and it will render the QB vs Saquon argument moot.

I firmly believe the QB the Giants would have picked was gone at pick 2.

I have to say- watching Barkley last game, it's clear that he's just learning this game. He seemed to hit another gear going through the hole and realizing he doesn't need to bounce to the outside all the time.

If he'd also learn that he can run over people in the open field like Elliot does, instead of cutting and letting the pursuit catch up, he'd be as good or possibly better than Zeke.

I have to say- watching Barkley last game, it's clear that he's just learning this game. He seemed to hit another gear going through the hole and realizing he doesn't need to bounce to the outside all the time.

If he'd also learn that he can run over people in the open field like Elliot does, instead of cutting and letting the pursuit catch up, he'd be as good or possibly better than Zeke.

Shurmur made a comment about this leading into the game.

Barkley doesn't need to bounce outside every time the line breaks down, just hit the assigned gap and run.

Seems that Shurmur has gotten his post across.

Watching Brees against my Irish, I knew he was going to be special. I see Brees in Baker Mayfield. Guys with intangibles and adequate arms that know how to win. They dont try to do too much and they dont panic when pressured. Mayfield will be the most successful NFL QB out of this years draft class and it will render the QB vs Saquon argument moot.

I firmly believe the QB the Giants would have picked was gone at pick 2.

Exactly. I remember telling my Jets fans (when Cleveland was projected to draft Darnold) that they will end up with the best qb is the draft if they go with Mayfield.

Zeke benefits from a superb offensive line.... Barkley is already better than Zeke at least in my eye....

Zeke benefits from a superb offensive line.... Barkley is already better than Zeke at least in my eye....

your eye is blue tinted. zeke is better in the open field for the reasons i mentioned. that has nothing to do with the o-line. Barkley will realize that he can't run away from NFL speed.

They are two different backs.

Zeke has speed and is shifty, Braley is powerful and has speed.

Zeke is the vet runner like Fringe said he knows what to do in open space and how to make guys miss.

Barkley just powers thru tackles and uses his speed to hit a corner to out run the pursuit.

Barkley will probably be the better back in a few years, he has the ability to run thru arm tackles which Zeke lacks but makes up for with just being able to run around defenders.

Dallas also routinely gives Zeke 20+ touches. The Giants do not win Barkley.

Until Brown showed up there wasn't any benefit to doing so.

It hasn't been until the last couple of games the Oline has gotten some real push on defenders, making Barkley's and Eli's life easier.

I'm sure Shurmur wanted to run the ball more, his time in Minnesota they were the leading team in rush attempts per game, but I felt like and it at least looked like the moment that Barkley got any sort of hand off the Oline was immediately overwhelmed and there was no running lane to speak of.

Which is why we routinely seen Barkley have to bounce the play outside of the line, it was the only way he didnt have a defender coming at him, or they had to get him out in the flat to catch a pass. He would have runs of 1 yard, 1 yard, 3 yards, then pop off a 30 yard run. Now they can grind out the 4 to 5 yard runs at a time, which is what you seen against the 49ers and the Bucs.

You see Shurmur getting back to running the ball, the Oline is playing better, which in turn lets Barkley simply take the hand off and run where the play was meant to go.

And I guess I shouldn't say there isnt any benefit to giving Barkley 20+ touches, he should be getting 30+ honestly lol

But I should of said it the running game was not as effective in the losses as it was in the last couple of weeks.

Solder seems to realize he's playing in the NFL again, Henendez and Browns are getting push, Wheeler is at least holding his own with help from Engram.

I think Zeke has a marginally better coach but...Saquon is knocking on the door.

Its the Ginger Rodgers argument. Sure Fred Astaire was a great dancer/performer but Rodgers did the same stuff in HEELS.

I dont see Elliot catching that screen pass today, he just isnt a natural catching the ball.