SportsWrath

Realistic expectations for next year.

BlueInCanada

At pretty much every position besides RB and WR, the Giants ate bottom to mid of the NFL in terms of talent and even measurable stats.

The Oline is one of the worst in the NFL, along with the secondary and pass rush.

The LBs are pretty middle of the road and you can throw Eli/QBs in this category as well at the moment.

We don't have nearly enough cap space to fill multiple holes unless we cut guys like Vernon, Jenkins, etc and then we just make bottom of the league positions weaker

Going into next year what type of expectations do you have with the roster even baring a good Draft and free agency?

One year turn around? Or a few more seasons of suffering before the Giants can build a respectable unit?

I'm in the latter camp as well.

We'll be paying the price for over a decade of shitty Reese drafts and Coughlin "everyone is on IR by week five" conditioning program for at least another year or two. There's also a distinct possibility we suck for a long time.

I'd be OK with seven wins next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with less than that. I think 5-6 is probably the ceiling again, but let's see what happens in FA and the draft.

I expect the team to get better and fall just short of 16-0. :D

Giants should not go into this free agency period with spending to fix issues being the priority. Re-sign Collins, solidify the offensive line (RG, RT) should be the only goals in free agency. Cutting players and creating new holes that need to be filled by more overpaid free agents is the path of ruin, ask the Redskins. Draft is where the Giants are going to get the help to fix the defense because this is draft is loaded with defensive talent across the board. I see no point in drafting a QB that will not start opening day.

Need to draft our way out, not spend our way out.

Giants should not go into this free agency period with spending to fix issues being the priority. Re-sign Collins, solidify the offensive line (RG, RT) should be the only goals in free agency. Cutting players and creating new holes that need to be filled by more overpaid free agents is the path of ruin, ask the Redskins. Draft is where the Giants are going to get the help to fix the defense because this is draft is loaded with defensive talent across the board. I see no point in drafting a QB that will not start opening day.

That works too, just need to hit on quality players in the draft because there are way too many holes to plug them all via FA.

I'm hoping one of the edge rushers falls to 6, then feast on OL the remainder of the draft.

I think 5 wins is about right...unless:

1. We find two starters on the offensive line. And not just starters for us. Two guys that would start league-wide. They don't need to be probowlers...just middle of the road, dependable starting quality guys.

2. Resign Collins to reasonable deal. He is arguably our best defender and a top safety in the game...even if it's not so much in tbe coverage game. He'd besorely missed if gone.

3. Get a pass rush. What worries me hereis the move to a 3-4. You can't just get a dominant DE in the draft. An OLB who can both rush and cover RB/TE is the need. And...that is only if your 3-4 DE can help set the edge.

4. Do not force tbe QB issue. These guys are going to cost a lot of draft capital and if they flame out...it just sets the franchise back. With protection, Eli can get it done for another year.

5. Get creative on offense. With Shep, OBJ, Barkley, and the TE...you can't tell me other OCs wouldn't have guys running free with play design with their ability.

6. Don't create a lot of dead cap money. OBJ will be a bitch if we restructure him. Barkley is gonna be pricey as hell unless you want to let OBJ walk when it's time to pay Saquan. Point is...plan for all that now.

7. Add draft picks for 2020 in whatever way possible to be able to position for a QB. See if Eli wants to be a QB coach upon retirement to guide the rook.

Do these 5 of these things well...we could go 8-8 or 9-7.