SportsWrath

Favorite boxers?

Taylorized56

I'm Puerto Rican so yeah I'm partial to Puerto Rican boxers :D Tito Trinidad and Miguel Cotto are my favoirte fighters, though I will admit Tito isn't what he once was. The Roy Jones fight was painfull to watch haha. Love Miguel, he's one of the best body punchers in the business. That left hook is nasty. Always liked Tyson as well, sucked to see him fuck his life up. The heavyweight division sucks now.

Ali, of course- but also Marvin Hagler. I always thought Hagler-Hearns-Leonard-Duran was the golden age of boxing. Always a great fight amongst those 4.

Oh yeah, I grew up watching those 4, some great battles.

Did you see Hearns son fight the other night? Dude is a stroke, I thought he lost the fight but somehow the judges gave it to him. Highway robbery.

Well if you guys are interested in the current champs. The Heavyweight division is absolutely boring with Klitschko with two belts. I really like Samuel Peter who is the WBC champ. I imagine he fights Klitschko next. He has a lot to work to do. Klitschko is tall and has great feet and speed. That is what Peter lacks but is powerful. Peter has a lot of time to work and develop more skills. Nothing has been announced yet.

To tell you the truth, I really don't pay much attention to the heavyweights that much. I have started to pay attention to the Middleweights. Kelly Pavlik currently has WBC and WBO belts. He is one too look out for. He has a deadly jab and seems not too wear down. Has a terrific record of 33-0 (29 KO). He fights again in July.

I really like the Marquez brothers in the Super Featherweight division. Juan Manual just lost a tough fight on a split decision which I thought he should have won and his older brother Rafael lost another fight because a low blow that should have not been called. I love watching those Mexicans though. They are fast and non stop.

Probably the next good fight is April 16, Joe Calzaghe vs. Bernard Hopkins. Don't think it is a title fight since they have belts in two separate divisions. That will be one too look forward too. De La Hoya returns some time in May. I am not sure why he keeps coming back but I think he will get his clock cleaned once again.

I was in first grade for the first Ali-Frazier fight....most of the kids and their dad's picked Frazier....always loved Ali. Too bad he could not hang it up before Holmes hurt and embarassed him in his last fight. The golden age of boxing was the 70's and 80's; but once the welter weights started disappearing or quitting boxing took a real downturn. Tyson if he were fighting in the 70's would only be the fifth or sixth best heavyweight out there. I think Ali, Frazier, Norton or Foreman could have taken him. Also a young healthy Holmes would have probably busted him up too. His fights were too predicated on that whole intimidation thing...none of the above would have been afraid of him; and they would have taught him something on the art and science of boxing.

Well if you guys are interested in the current champs. The Heavyweight division is absolutely boring with Klitschko with two belts. I really like Samuel Peter who is the WBC champ. I imagine he fights Klitschko next. He has a lot to work to do. Klitschko is tall and has great feet and speed. That is what Peter lacks but is powerful. Peter has a lot of time to work and develop more skills. Nothing has been announced yet.

To tell you the truth, I really don't pay much attention to the heavyweights that much. I have started to pay attention to the Middleweights. Kelly Pavlik currently has WBC and WBO belts. He is one too look out for. He has a deadly jab and seems not too wear down. Has a terrific record of 33-0 (29 KO). He fights again in July.

I really like the Marquez brothers in the Super Featherweight division. Juan Manual just lost a tough fight on a split decision which I thought he should have won and his older brother Rafael lost another fight because a low blow that should have not been called. I love watching those Mexicans though. They are fast and non stop.

Probably the next good fight is April 16, Joe Calzaghe vs. Bernard Hopkins. Don't think it is a title fight since they have belts in two separate divisions. That will be one too look forward too. De La Hoya returns some time in May. I am not sure why he keeps coming back but I think he will get his clock cleaned once again.

Me too.

Im Puerto Rican though, like Taylorized, and he pretty much summed up my favs. Except that the 20 years Ive been in AZ, Ive grown a great respect and fondness for Mexican boxers. Right around the time I met and became pretty good friends with Michael Carbajal. I loved watching Julio Ceasar Chavez although he was kind of a prick. But one hell of a boxer. Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales had some memorable battles. As far as Mexican boxers go, those are my favs.

ALL TIME FAVS:

TITO!

Cotto

Sugar Ray Leonard

ALI

Tyson

With much respect to Foreman.

Me too.

Im Puerto Rican though, like Taylorized, and he pretty much summed up my favs. Except that the 20 years Ive been in AZ, Ive grown a great respect and fondness for Mexican boxers. Right around the time I met and became pretty good friends with Michael Carbajal. I loved watching Julio Ceasar Chavez although he was kind of a prick. But one hell of a boxer. Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales had some memorable battles. As far as Mexican boxers go, those are my favs.

ALL TIME FAVS:

TITO!

Cotto

Sugar Ray Leonard

ALI

Tyson

With much respect to Foreman.

I love watching Mexicans fight, the Marquez-Vasquez fight a few weeks back was one of the best fights I've seen in recent memory, maybe one of the best I've ever seen. I can't believe those 2 psychos went 12 rounds, I thought someone would get knocked out for sure.

I love watching Mexicans fight, the Marquez-Vasquez fight a few weeks back was one of the best fights I've seen in recent memory, maybe one of the best I've ever seen. I can't believe those 2 psychos went 12 rounds, I thought someone would get knocked out for sure.

That was an AWESOME fight. I thought for sure Vasquez was done. Beautiful comeback though.

As for the best ROUND in boxing, I give it to Hearns-Hagler one I believe. Whichever was the one where they came out throwin blows massivly and didnt stop till the bell rang.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested there going to replay the Vazquez-Marquez fight tonight at 10pm eastern on Showtime2. One of the best I've ever seen, I think I'm gonna watch it again because it was that good.

Then at 11pm there's 2 new fights on regular Showtime. And tomorrow the guy in my bottom sig fights Alfonso Gomez on HBO :rock: Lets go Cotto!

• 2 weeks later...