SportsWrath

Come on Offensive Line!!!!

NeMesiS

Solder hasn't been much better, and the second string has been far worse still.

But it's way early, the Ds usually run roughshod over the offensive side of the ball in the early going. Offense is more complicated, it takes more time.

Sounds like a wild defensive scheme they've been going up against too. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it gets real.

Yeah, I heard the same about Solder. Vernon has had more sacks against Solder these last 4 days, than hes entire career with the Giants.

I hope its because the OLine if learning a new offense and theyre overthinking things instead of reacting instinctively.

Im not going to worrry on Aug 2nd ......... I will start to panic by Oct 2nd if we are 0-3 and the O line is as bad as last year ( but Im quietly confident that we will have a decent Offense this season with lots of different options and weapons )

Im not going to worrry on Aug 2nd ......... I will start to panic by Oct 2nd if we are 0-3 and the O line is as bad as last year ( but Im quietly confident that we will have a decent Offense this season with lots of different options and weapons )

This 100%.... having the threat of a running game, a vertical passing attack, and the short pass to explosive players will surely help the offensive line when actual games start. These guys need a bit of time together, and with the O-line coach to really start to come together... Have to hope that coming into November they really start to get their shit going and start pushing to a playoff run.

Vernon hasn't exactly been a super star for us either.

He doesnt have the surface stats like sacks but he gets more hurries and hits than anybody in the league and is great against the run

This 100%.... having the threat of a running game, a vertical passing attack, and the short pass to explosive players will surely help the offensive line when actual games start. These guys need a bit of time together, and with the O-line coach to really start to come together... Have to hope that coming into November they really start to get their shit going and start pushing to a playoff run.

I dont think we are going to be a playoff team this year. We are making to much of a transformation on both the Offensive and Defense. Plus we have brutal first half of the season that I think we are going to have difficulties recovering from. I think best cases Scenario.... 8-8... maybe 9-7. Not enough to get us in the playoffs.

Of course, I hoping Im wrong!

He doesnt have the surface stats like sacks but he gets more hurries and hits than anybody in the league and is great against the run

I've come around on Vernon. Damn good player, and his effort is extremely consistent. I think he'll get a 12+ sack season in the right situation. Spags D wasn't the best fit for him, not without a deep rotation of competent pass rushers.

I think its just variance too. Long-term the sacks will be there. I love his toughness as well. Before last seasons ankle injury he played an ungodly number of snaps for us

Yeah hopefully instead of talking about depth they'll deploy that depth so that Vernon isn't out there playing over 90% of the snaps this season.

Lots of reports in camp about how Solder is looking like garbo and Flowers isnt taking to his new position well.

Might be a longer season than any of us want.

On the bright side Herny and Ohmamamia are looking like two rocks at guard for us, Hernandez is showing of his strength and nastiness (might have to reel it in though in real games) and Omameh is turning into a bit of a surprise out there with how he's playing.

Granted you don't really know what the Oline looks like until they start hitting at full speed but there's somethings to worry about at the tackle positions that are going to be more of a headache as the season goes on.

Big shake ups on the second team line today, Jones is LG, Greco is C, and John Jerry is RT.

Hope this is just about getting guys experience.....

Saw that... kinda scared of our dept at the OLINE! ?

If Beckham , Shep , Engram and Saquon stay healthy ........ C might just be good enough

If they stay healthy, it will turn a C line into a B line.... defenses are going to struggle to cover all those weapons. Nothing slows down a pass rush like a team that has the potential to screen or hit deep passes

If they stay healthy, it will turn a C line into a B line.... defenses are going to struggle to cover all those weapons. Nothing slows down a pass rush like a team that has the potential to screen or hit deep passes

We'll find out soon enough against the best defensive team in the league.

Yep , totally agree Grill ( Can you imagine how dangerous Engram could be this year if Ds are totally preoccupied with covering the combined genius of Saquon and Beckham