SportsWrath

Giants sign Golden Tate

Herc

When did so many people become Odell fans over being Giant fans? And why? Its not like we havent sucked for 90% of his stay in NY.

I mean does anyone really think giving a wr a 95 million dollar contract was gonna equal putting together a great team? There is a reason we have been in cap hell for so long, and that contract made it way worse.

He was one more reason to watch the team play. It was fun while it lasted and now I'm looking forward to watching Barkley tear the league up while the Browns figure out what to do with Odell Beckham Jr.

I enjoyed watching Odell play. Dude made some amazing plays during an era that was lacking in them.

He also wasnt targeted in the red zone nearly enough. Got the Julio Jones treatment down there.

He was one more reason to watch the team play. It was fun while it lasted and now I'm looking forward to watching Barkley tear the league up while the Browns figure out what to do with Odell Beckham Jr.

Thats the spirit.

We didnt have a bunch of superstars in 2011. Heck had statistically one of the worse defenses in the league. The guy who basically won the game for us was a mid talent wr who had one spectacular play.

I disagree. The notion of narrowing an entire game of football to one play is insulting. Our D came up big and limited the highly efficient NE offense and our O made plays....

But to your point and mine... Blue collar players of the B and B+ will win you more games than those teams comprised of a couple of A+ and 40 Cs....

I feel ya Tree, I felt the sting myself the first 24 hours. Till my cousin showed me the interview he did with little Wayne. Or whatever his name is.

Well he hasnt done jack shit for us. The one game where he had a chance to start a real legacy, he totally blew it. Heck even last year they played much better without him. The guy just isnt a team player. None of what I said was gossip. He directly said everything I mentioned.

Im just choosing to stay positive. There is reason to be so, even if its a long shot. I see no reason to believe OBJ would have even completed the season. He only has once since hes been here. Let alone thinking his presence would equal a playoff spot.

I posted why he hasn't done "jack shit". He's not getting the ball.

Just image...the new guard, Beckham AND Tate, Shepard in the slot, Barkley...and a new QB. That's a team that could move forward.

I posted why he hasn't done "jack shit". He's not getting the ball.

Just image...the new guard, Beckham AND Tate, Shepard in the slot, Barkley...and a new QB. That's a team that could move forward.

Valid point. The counter argument is his contract will hamstring the team from signing other talent.

Valid point. The counter argument is his contract will hamstring the team from signing other talent.

Maybe.

NFL salary cap goes up faster than our personal incomes. In 2016 it was $155 million and today it is $188 million. Still firmly believe that Barkley made Beckham Jr. expendable.

That's true, but their big-money players (Mayfield, Chubb, Garrett, etc) are all still on their rookie deals. The problem will be in 3-4 years when they have to start paying some of those guys, but right now they've got a nice window similar to how the Seahawks were before they had to start paying all their star players.