SportsWrath

After sleeping on it, here's what I think about the first day of the draft.

Sephiroth

Rex fuckin Ryan is who made you feel better?

Here how about hall of famer Gil Brandt comparing Jones favorably to Peyton Manning. Ill feel better if you let him instead of Rex make you feel better.

I. Love. Dan Jones, Brandt said. I have to say this carefully: When you watch him and you go back (20) years and watch Peyton Manning, you are watching the same guy. Hes athletic. He doesnt have a rocket for an arm, but neither did Peyton. Very smart.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/20/gil-brandt-daniel-jones-and-peyton-manning-the-same-guy/amp/

I love Kim Jones. Did you guys hear her questions at the presser?

Jones: So Dexter Lawrence had four sacks over the last two years...

Gettleman: yeah, he was playing injured on an injured foot.

Jones: But you think that was a good pick with...

Gettleman:look Kimberly, pass rush... it's not all numbers. You have a DE come screaming off edge, a guy steps up and completes the pass. You get a DT with a push and suddenly the DE comes screaming off the edge... there's nowhere to go.

Jones: And what DE on this roster is going to be "screaming off the edge?"

You can tell from the presser with Getty and Shurmur how much they like Jones as a player.

Honestly not surprised Getty didnt package both firsts to move up to #1 just to take Jones with how he talks about him.

Reminds me how EA used to talk about Eli.

Gettleman:look Kimberly, pass rush... it's not all numbers. You have a DE come screaming off edge, a guy steps up and completes the pass. You get a DT with a push and suddenly the DE comes screaming off the edge... there's nowhere to go.

Well he's not wrong.

Was the biggest problem with the pass rush last year, Hill and Tomlinson couldn't push the pocket worth a damn.

Just wish Vernon was still on the team though.

Well he's not wrong.

Was the biggest problem with the pass rush last year, Hill and Tomlinson couldn't push the pocket worth a damn.

We need to tank for tua- the fewer stars the better.

Rex fuckin Ryan is who made you feel better?

Here how about hall of famer Gil Brandt comparing Jones favorably to Peyton Manning. Ill feel better if you let him instead of Rex make you feel better.

I. Love. Dan Jones, Brandt said. I have to say this carefully: When you watch him and you go back (20) years and watch Peyton Manning, you are watching the same guy. Hes athletic. He doesnt have a rocket for an arm, but neither did Peyton. Very smart.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/20/gil-brandt-daniel-jones-and-peyton-manning-the-same-guy/amp/

I take pep talks from anyone... I was livid last night.

I saw the Giants draft Daniel Jones and went immediately to sleep, so yeah I was also disappointed. I wake up and find out the Giants had three first round picks: an under performing run stuffer, a CB not named Greedy Williams and still Daniel Jones.

I trust Dave Gettleman so will give all three first round picks the benefit of the doubt since I watch no college football, game footage, held no interviews, and know that a 15 minute youtube highlight reel is not the same thing.

Simply going to have to wait two years before we see Daniel Jones start a meaningful game during the regular season. Giants still needed help on the defensive line with stopping the run and hopefully Dexter Lawrence is the solution. Yeah I didn't consider him a first round player and had low expectations of BJ Hill last year as well. Deandre Baker I think will be a welcomed addition to the backfield and fits Bettcher's defensive scheme.

Ok so no pass rushers drafted yet and we need help in that area but right now only have a third round pick, lets see how the night plays out. We have heard for months now how deep this draft is specifically with defensive pass rushing talent. Go get it Dave.

Well he's not wrong.

Neither is she. There's no pass rusher on this team right now to be worried about.

Well if this doesn't fill you with confidence I don't know what will...

https://www.sny.tv/video/2524642783/gettleman-shurmur-on-jones-pick

Gettleman is saying he fell in love with jones in 3 series at the senior bowl. Then he went to see what was on the buffet.

That's hard study right there. And Shurmur? he's just devoid of meaningful syntax.

We got trouble, right here in River City...

Watched some footage on him. Honestly holy shit that Duke team was god awful. Receivers were bad, OL was trash.

From whats I saw, guy looks like he can plant his feet, his arm doesnt seem as strong as others but it seems like he can move in and out of the pocket and get a man.

I honestly cant see why we cannot win games with him but of course its too early to tell. Maybe hell be fine. Well see.

Gettleman is saying he fell in love with jones in 3 series at the senior bowl. Then he went to see what was on the buffet.

That's hard study right there. And Shurmur? he's just devoid of meaningful syntax.

I was wondering how long before someone said any of this lol

LOL x 10

Is that the same interview where Gettleman asks if it's "the Big Ten or the Big Twelve?"

It's a really great sign when your GM doesn't know how to many teams are in the college conference that you just spent your pick on.

Is that the same interview where Gettleman asks if it's "the Big Ten or the Big Twelve?"

It's a really great sign when your GM doesn't know how to many teams are in the college conference that you just spent your pick on.

I really wouldn't put much stock into it.

How many players can even name the division they are drafted in?