SportsWrath

Fuck the Eagles and fuck the officiating in this game.

Sephiroth

1. Six years ago in prime time Eli Manning fumbled on a slide. It was ruled a fumble. Carson Wentz has literally the exact same play... no fumble.

2. How fucking mugged did Sterling Shepard have to be to get that fucking call? Outside of a facemask or tackle, it's impossible to be more interfered with on that pass.

I know, I shouldn't have turned the game back on after halftime, but what the fuck?

I especially loved Wentz throwing it at his offensive line's back, getting, admittedly, roughed by Vernon but no offsetting penalties.

I didn't think that was roughing. Vernon got his hands on him when Wentz still had the ball. Is he supposed to pull a Kiwanuka and let him go run for a first down?

1. Six years ago in prime time Eli Manning fumbled on a slide. It was ruled a fumble. Carson Wentz has literally the exact same play... no fumble.

2. How fucking mugged did Sterling Shepard have to be to get that fucking call? Outside of a facemask or tackle, it's impossible to be more interfered with on that pass.

I know, I shouldn't have turned the game back on after halftime, but what the fuck?

That play where Eli fumbled wasn't a slide and that was the distinction. He kind of awkwardly fell front first on his chest area and lost the ball. The slide is a clear give yourself up play.

Shepard should've got the call, but the game was still winnable. Lots of missed sacks, throws, and drops. Eli over threw on what, at least three would-be TD throws? Short armed a few other throws. And the protection was spotty.

I especially loved Wentz throwing it at his offensive line's back, getting, admittedly, roughed by Vernon but no offsetting penalties.

I actually thought Vernon didn't rough him up... when vernon made contact, he couldn't see where the ball is... but that call didn't irk me as much as that slide and the non-call on Sterling's pass interference.

We should have known the league didn't want the Giants to win... they want to keep next week's games relevant.

That play where Eli fumbled wasn't a slide and that was the distinction. He kind of awkwardly fell front first on his chest area and lost the ball. The slide is a clear give yourself up play.

Shepard should've got the call, but the game was still winnable. Lots of missed sacks, throws, and drops. Eli over threw on what, at least three would-be TD throws? Short armed a few other throws. And the protection was spotty.

Fucking Bobby Hard shouldn't be in the NFL.... my god that was tough to watch... time after time too.

The eagles had one penalty for five yards.

The line was -2.5 Giants all week and suddenly sharp action moved to +2 before game time before settling at pk.

the Sunday slate of games is way more interesting now with a Giants loss.

Just saying!

I didn't think that was roughing. Vernon got his hands on him when Wentz still had the ball. Is he supposed to pull a Kiwanuka and let him go run for a first down?

Exactly, and the penalty on Apple during the slide was horse shit too. He CLEARLY pulled up and barely touched him.

Eli was awful, he came out throwing bricks last night. That pick-6 what thrown where only the defender could catch it.

Some really terrible calls that hurt us, but the missed sacks were horrible too, and the drops, and the protection, and some throws, etc.

But really, with 6 minutes left the decision to not go for it on 4th down in the redzone, after already converting a fourth down a few plays earlier, was seriously bone-headed. By kicking, you are already conceding the need to score another touch down. Why not go for it? If you make it and fail the two point conversion, you need to score three on the final drive rather than 7. If you make the two-point you tie. Kicking the FG did nothing but ensure points, which while nice, helped in no way.

It wasn't a slide (just re-looked. it up) but I felt like he was definitely giving himself up. Cruz did the same thing against Arizona that same season (I believe) and we kept the ball.

Or maybe I just hate the fucking Eagles.

Exactly, and the penalty on Apple during the slide was horse shit too. He CLEARLY pulled up and barely touched him.

yes, that's what the NFL has become. Guy goes out of his way not to harm the QB and gets called anyway. Next time, get your pound of flesh.

The eagles had one penalty for five yards.

The line was -2.5 Giants all week and suddenly sharp action moved to +2 before game time before settling at pk.

the Sunday slate of games is way more interesting now with a Giants loss.

Just saying!

Which is why I feel the refs did just enough to make sure that happens.

Some really terrible calls that hurt us, but the missed sacks were horrible too, and the drops, and the protection, and some throws, etc.

But really, with 6 minutes left the decision to not go for it on 4th down in the redzone, after already converting a fourth down a few plays earlier, was seriously bone-headed. By kicking, you are already conceding the need to score another touch down. Why not go for it? If you make it and fail the two point conversion, you need to score three on the final drive rather than 7. If you make the two-point you tie. Kicking the FG did nothing but ensure points, which while nice, helped in no way.

I thought it was the right decision...

It wasn't a slide (just re-looked. it up) but I felt like he was definitely giving himself up. Cruz did the same thing against Arizona that same season (I believe) and we kept the ball.

Or maybe I just hate the fucking Eagles.

Exactly.

I'm sure the rules say otherwise. But even though you are giving your yourself up you should have to hold on to the football.

Correct but the rule is that once an elbow or knee touches the ground when giving yourself up, the play is dead... no matter if you fumble it or not...

John Jerry too. Backups at best.

That's what really lost the game. Officiating, yeah, it was bad, but the OL, especially the right side, was getting manhandled. Jerry and Bobby Hart were atrocious. Hard to imagine this team going very far with that situation on the right side.

At least Hart is a rookie and has room for improvement. Eagles have like four good pass rushers, so he was getting it from somebody every single down, something I don't think he's had to deal with before. I think it was Graham that really took it to him, Hart couldn't handle that bull rush, he's just not strong enough yet. Pretty much puts a low ceiling on what the Giants can accomplish this year unless they somehow manage to dodge every team that has a good pass rush.

Last night (less the refs) was a pretty good representation of how and why this team will get beat in the playoffs, and why this team will not go far.

- They'd have to play practically MISTAKE FREE for any chance of winning against playoff competition. We basically lost because of ONE mistake - Eli's pick 6...if not for that mistake, all things being equal, we win the game 19-17. In general, the offense isn't good enough to put up the points necessary to mask such mistakes.

- The OL, particularly the right side, simply can't protect Eli in OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS...so when they're down late in the game, in obvious passing situations, DLs'/Pass Rushers can just tee-off. Eli clearly has happy feet and doesn't trust his OL.

- The offense is too inconsistent in general to hold on to the ball. Far too many three and outs. You don't need to score on every drive, but at least get a first down or two on occasional drives, and FLIP the FIELD POSITION.