SportsWrath

Antonio Cramartie

osi724dasack

I am really starting to want this go to come to NY...I mean what is not to like, he is 6-3 210 pounds I dont know what his 40 is, but it is rumored to be in the 4.3, 4.4 range, he has good leaping ability and has good ball skills.

Someone posted an interview with him over on the Giants MB and he seems like a really good person and he said the reason why he is coming out early is so he can pay for his mothers breat cancer treatment.

I really think we should persue him...anyone else like him?

I am really starting to want this go to come to NY...I mean what is not to like, he is 6-3 210 pounds I dont know what his 40 is, but it is rumored to be in the 4.3, 4.4 range, he has good leaping ability and has good ball skills.

Someone posted an interview with him over on the Giants MB and he seems like a really good person and he said the reason why he is coming out early is so he can pay for his mothers breat cancer treatment.

I really think we should persue him...anyone else like him?

actually there is one downside to him and that is his knee injury, but he is supposedly 100% healthy now

Will Allen rumor

I actually read that the Giants are interested in re-signing Will Allen, but they dont want to pay him the money that he wants...

so if he is re-signed does that at all factor in to the decision of the draft? Cause there are 3 good corners that should be availble when we pick, Cromartie, Joseph, and Youboty

Will Allen rumor

I actually read that the Giants are interested in re-signing Will Allen, but they dont want to pay him the money that he wants...

so if he is re-signed does that at all factor in to the decision of the draft? Cause there are 3 good corners that should be availble when we pick, Cromartie, Joseph, and Youboty

If the Giants bring in any young veteran corner, whether it be Will Allen or Brian Williams, I see no logic behind investing a 1st round pick in a CB, unless it's a super-talented guy like Cromartie.

If the Giants bring in any young veteran corner, whether it be Will Allen or Brian Williams, I see no logic behind investing a 1st round pick in a CB, unless it's a super-talented guy like Cromartie.

yes and if Will Peterson can come back healthy (which is doubtful :( ) then that is just like adding a good quality player....

and there are plenty of needs...

Carpenter, D. Jackson, Simms, McIntosh, and Ryans all have great talent and all are likely to be there at 25, and Simms, Jackson, McIntosh may even be there in round 2!

McNeil, Winston, and Trueblood are all options at OT and they can groom behind Luke for a year (although im not 100% sure Trueblood can play LT

so this draft has good depth at all the positions that we need...

If there is someone available say second or third round at corner that we wanted in the first round and all of our main positions for the most part were fixed by FA and in the first round, then maybe we can take a shot on one of them.

Here's the interview if anyone wanted to read it.

Antonio Cromartie Interview

In the NFL one of the toughest positions to adequately fill is cornerback, where premium cover guys are always short in supply. However on Draft Day '06 some team that is willing to take a bit of a risk could be handsomely rewarded because Antonio Cromartie of Florida St. has all the tools to be one of the elite corners in the league one day. In fact, he could have been a Top 5 overall pick in 2007 had he not come out early. Scott Wright spoke with Cromartie as he prepares to take his game to the pros.

Scott Wright: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?

Antonio Cromartie: I am 6-3 and 203 pounds. I just got tested about a week ago and I ran a 4.39 on grass, which was the first time I ran a forty since my knee injury. I plan to run a faster than that at the Combine though since it is on a field turf surface.

Scott Wright: You tore the ACL in your left knee in July. How is that recovery going?

Antonio Cromartie: I went through the rehab process and I’m still going through that right now but I am capable of doing everything that I was capable of doing in 2004. I can cut on my knee at full speed and do everything on it. Right now I’d say I’m 100%.

Scott Wright: You entered the draft early even though you didn’t have a lot of starting experience and were coming off of a major knee injury. What were the main factors in your decision?

Antonio Cromartie: I know I didn’t start a lot and then had the injury and didn’t play this past year in 2005 but the big reason I came out was to help my family. My Grandma had surgery like two months before I decided to declare for the draft and then the week of the Orange Bowl game against Penn St. I found out that my Mom may have breast cancer and was facing a lot of tests so I felt it was best for me to come out and help my family financially. I still feel like I am the best corner even though I didn’t play this year.

Scott Wright: What do you feel is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you feel you need to improve in?

Antonio Cromartie: My greatest strengths as a football player are that I can come up and be a great run stopper and there would be no deep balls or jump balls thrown to my side. I have great speed and athleticism and I love playing press man coverage. I feel like if I can beat the receiver up in the first five yards then the route is over with. As far as things I need to work on I think it is my technique and back pedal but I would say I don’t have many weaknesses outside of that.

Scott Wright: What NFL cornerback do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?

Antonio Cromartie: I would say I most admire Deion Sanders and I’d like to compare my game to his, although I am a little bigger than he is. He was my favorite player too.

Scott Wright: Who is the best player you have faced during your career?

Antonio Cromartie: I would say it would have to be Chad Jackson out of the University of Florida.

Scott Wright: What is your greatest football moment to date?

Antonio Cromartie: I would say it was the first game of the 2004 season playing Miami. I wasn’t even supposed to play in the game but I came out and had an interception as well as a fumble return for a touchdown. I’d say that would be the biggest moment of my career for right now.

Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college and pro team growing up? Did you have a favorite player?

Antonio Cromartie: I grew up in Tallahassee and my favorite college was always Florida St. My pro team was the Dallas Cowboys with Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders and all those guys.

Scott Wright: At what point did you realize that you might have a future in football beyond college?

Antonio Cromartie: After my freshman year in college. Everyone talked about how good I was coming up as a young person in high school and when I got to college I felt like I was going against the best guys and I compared myself to them. I went out every day and worked hard and from that point forward I felt I could play in the NFL.

Scott Wright: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?

Antonio Cromartie: I want to go back and coach because this past season I was more of a coach helping out the other guys on the field and in the meeting rooms. I enjoyed myself and learned a lot this year just sitting back and watching.

Scott Wright: Is there one player at F.S.U. that you see developing into a star, either at the college or pro level?

Antonio Cromartie: A young cornerback named Jamie Robinson, who redshirted last year. He’s like 6-2 and 195 pounds and is going to be a great player in college and in the NFL when it’s his time. He really works hard and he wants to learn so he will be a great player when his time comes.

Scott Wright: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Antonio Cromartie: A house. I want to buy my Mom a house first.

Scott Wright: How have you been preparing and training since the end of your college season?

Antonio Cromartie: Like a week after the Bowl game I came up here to Atlanta and started training with Infinity Sports. I’ve been up here preparing and getting ready for the Combine and everything and just getting my body back into football shape. I think they’ve been doing a good job of that and I’ve been working hard to get to that point also because I feel like I have something to prove to everyone that my knee is fine and I’m still the same person I was in ‘04 and even better because I have a little more knowledge of football.

Scott Wright: Obviously it is still early, but do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft (Round One, Top Three Rounds, etc.)? What kind of projection did the Underclassmen Advisory Panel give you?

Antonio Cromartie: I still want to be in the Top 15, that’s my goal. I believe I still can once my knee checks out at the physicals in Indianapolis. The NFL told me I was going to be a late-3rd to early-4th round pick, but that’s their opinion and I believe I can still be a first round pick even though I didn’t play this year.

Scott Wright: Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions and good luck!

Antonio Cromartie: You’re welcome.

I posted my first comments to this and Cromartie on another site but thanks to this state-of-the-Art copy and paste feature, I will just paste it here.

He seems like a great guy. He definitely has his head screwed on tight and is leaving early for a damn good reason. He definitely gets my respect but untill he checks out physically he is still to risky. If he does check out ok he would be a steal in the late second but I think he'll be long gone at that time. Cromartie has physical attributes very few players at his position have. He can be a big time difference maker.

I cant believe the NFL told him 3rd or 4th round. Never would I imagine him falling that far. You are talking about a potential top 10 pick if he stays in college or if he was healthy this season.

Edited by Pizan

I posted my first comments to this and Cromartie on another site but thanks to this state-of-the-Art copy and paste feature, I will just paste it here.

He seems like a great guy. He definitely has his head screwed on tight and is leaving early for a damn good reason. He definitely gets my respect but untill he checks out physically he is still to risky. If he does check out ok he would be a steal in the late second but I think he'll be long gone at that time. Cromartie has physical attributes very few players at his position have. He can be a big time difference maker.

I cant believe the NFL told him 3rd or 4th round. Never would I imagine him falling that far. You are talking about a potential top 10 pick if he stays in college or if he was healthy this season.

my my, if it isn't Pizan!

What a blast from the past this is! Hope you stick around buddy, we could use another good football mind like you around here.

Edited by shockjock

my my, if it isn't Pizan!

What a blast from the past this is! Hope you stick around buddy, we could use another good football mind like you around here.

This is certainly true....

;) just kidding.

Thanks Shockjock, How have you been man?

This is certainly true....

;) just kidding.

Thanks Shockjock, How have you been man?

not bad....but now football season is over...I am totally lost, it's 2:00 on a Sunday...what am I doing on my computer?

Looking foward to college next year....just gotta get through another four months of High School and im free....

not bad....but now football season is over...I am totally lost, it's 2:00 on a Sunday...what am I doing on my computer?

Looking foward to college next year....just gotta get through another four months of High School and im free....

lol I feel the same way, but I know why Im on the computer right now... it's 15 degrees outside. I'll be out in a little bit though.

Thats cool, where you going to college at? You sound just like me when I was in my last few months of HS. My last few months went fast though. So enjoy every minute, cause you'll miss it when your out.

lol I feel the same way, but I know why Im on the computer right now... it's 15 degrees outside. I'll be out in a little bit though.

Thats cool, where you going to college at? You sound just like me when I was in my last few months of HS. My last few months went fast though. So enjoy every minute, cause you'll miss it when your out.

probably Binghamton.....hoping for NYU