SportsWrath

Flowers about to be released

UK-Giantsfan

Drafting that high raises expectations. You hope he pans out to be at leadt the 7th best player in the draft. Giants remember talk all the time about value and not need.

Amazing that beckham is like 16 and flowers was a 9

Unrealistic expectations. I don't care about which round a player was drafted, just produce.

Remember Cedric Bloody Jones ?.........he was #5

Now THAT was a bust.

Poor Ike Hilliard, lol.

I think we all would have loved him had he been a 3rd round pick. I thought he was a 2nd round pick at best at the time. Story is that they had Tiki Barber more highly rated, but thought Hilliard was more likely to be gone by their 2nd selection. So they rolled the dice that Tiki would stay on the board, and the rest is history.

It worked out, but that is a good illustration of how screwed up Giants football was back then. It was the rare case that unabashed drafting for need and disregard for your own draft board actually paid off.

Unrealistic expectations. I don't care about which round a player was drafted, just produce.

I know you dont care. But these guys arent getting drafted in name order. So if a guy is getting picked 7th, he will be judged on that level. Safe to say, other teams will ask, how the hell did we pass on beckham.

Now THAT was a bust.

Poor Ike Hilliard, lol.

I think we all would have loved him had he been a 3rd round pick. I thought he was a 2nd round pick at best at the time. Story is that they had Tiki Barber more highly rated, but thought Hilliard was more likely to be gone by their 2nd selection. So they rolled the dice that Tiki would stay on the board, and the rest is history.

It worked out, but that is a good illustration of how screwed up Giants football was back then. It was the rare case that unabashed drafting for need and disregard for your own draft board actually paid off.

I think this kind of thinking still exists and is often the reason teams trade down.

I think this kind of thinking still exists and is often the reason teams trade down.

Yes. But ike hilliard was highly rated coming out of college. It wasnt a stretch that he went that high. He just never was pro bowl level.solid receivet, but yes based on performance tiki would have been more justified going that high.

Now THAT was a bust.

Poor Ike Hilliard, lol.

Just to be fair to Ike whom I hold in higher regard than most.... who were our QBs during his tenure?

Drafting that high raises expectations. You hope he pans out to be at leadt the 7th best player in the draft. Giants remember talk all the time about value and not need.

Amazing that beckham is like 16 and flowers was a 9

Im not going to google it but I thought ODB was picked #13 overall.

Nem hates Hilliard with the heat of a thousand suns.

I remember when Beckham was drafted, I thought oh shit, it's Hilliard 2.0. I'll take Reasons I'm not an NFL Scout for $500, Alex.

Only a thousand suns...

Did Ike even have a 1000 yards season...

Go ahead and google that. ODB might well have gone 13.

Wu tang motherfuckers.

2014 season: Rookie year. Beckham was selected by the New York Giants with the 12th overall pick in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft

as in ODB... what am I missing here?

ODB:

ODB.jpg

Russell Tyrone Jones (November 15, 1968 - November 13, 2004),[1] better known by his stage name Ol' Dirty Bastard (or O.D.B.), was an American rapper and producer. He was one of the founding members of the Wu-Tang Clan, a rap group primarily from Staten Island, New York which first rose to mainstream prominence with their 1993 debut album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).[2][3]

His professional success was hampered by frequent legal troubles, including incarceration.[1] He died on November 13, 2004, of a drug overdose, two days shy of his 36th birthday.[4]

Ol' Dirty Bastard was noted for his "outrageously profane, free-associative rhymes delivered in a distinctive half-rapped, half-sung style".[1] His stage name was derived from the 1980 martial arts film Ol' Dirty and the Bastard (also called An Old Kung Fu Master, starring Yuen Siu-tien).[5]

OBJ:

usatsi-11355744-2-1-696x391.jpg

Odell Cornelious Beckham Jr. (born November 5, 1992) is an American football wide receiver for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). Born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Beckham played college football at nearby Louisiana State University (LSU), and was drafted by the Giants in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft with the 12th overall pick. Since entering the NFL, Beckham has been one of the most productive and popular players, but he has drawn media scrutiny for his conduct on and off the playing field.

Beckham started the 2012 BCS National Championship Game in his first year playing for the LSU Tigers, and won the Paul Hornung Award following his junior season in 2013. In his first season with the New York Giants, Beckham broke numerous NFL rookie receiving records, despite missing the first four games of the season due to injury. Beckham became the first player to record more than 75 receptions, 1,100 yards, and ten touchdowns in a rookie season, and broke the rookie record for the most average receiving yards per game.[1] During Week 12 of his first season, Beckham came to national attention when he made a one-handed touchdown catch whilst falling backwards in a Sunday Night Footballgame against the Dallas Cowboys,[2] which numerous pundits and athletes called the greatest catch ever made.[3] Beckham went on to win the 2014 Offensive Rookie of the Yearaward.

Beckham continued his remarkable form beyond his rookie season. In 2016, he became the fastest player in NFL history to reach both 200 career receptions and 4,000 career receiving yards. In 2016, he recorded his first 100-reception season and reached the NFL playoffs for the first time in his career, after helping the Giants to an 11–5 season record. Beckham was named to the Pro Bowl in each of his first three seasons in the NFL, and has been named a second-team All-Pro twice.