SportsWrath

Fucking Refs

UK-Giantsfan

I know we lost and our Offense was shite yesterday but i counted at least 5 times when a close call went against us ( all at crucial moments )

1) That 15 yard horse collar penalty on Jenkins ...bullshit

2) Pass Interference on Deayon in the 4th Q ......very dubious

3) That vital flag they picked up ......what the hell is that about ?

4) Obvious tripping on Tomlinson that was not called on that huge play from the Saints 3 yard line

5) I'm really not sure that Gallman ever had possesion on that turnover either

It felt like we were playing against the Saints and the fucking refs all day long.

( and they were bloody lucky too ........muffed punt returns bouncing back into hands etc )

I'm just saying it could have been a very different outcome with 5 or 6 different calls, Nearly all of them when our D was on the field and playing well i thought

Deayon was the only one I saw on the replay that should have been called.

As I said in the gameday thread, you don't pull a flag unless you absolutely see a penalty. That horsecollar tackle call was total bullshit.

This is why the NFL viewership is down, not because of taking a knee. This product is terrible.

As I said in the gameday thread, you don't pull a flag unless you absolutely see a penalty. That horsecollar tackle call was total bullshit.

This is why the NFL viewership is down, not because of taking a knee. This product is terrible.

I'm still surprised you watch it, with how vocal you have been about how much you think the NFL is shit.

I agree with this.

But more disappointing imo is that the Giants sideline seemed to let the refs take them out of the game. Shurmur on down, they all had an expression of disillusionment on their faces, even when the game was still well within reach. That doesn't bode well...

I'm still surprised you watch it, with how vocal you have been about how much you think the NFL is shit.

Made it to the third quarter but did check out some highlights (if you can call them that) this morning.

I've also gone from watching 4 games a week to 4 a month, so yeah, my consumption is way down.

I thought the Deayon penalty was correct and a bonehead mistake that I hope he learned from because had safety help and the penalty destroyed the Giants last hope.

The Gallman fumble was close in real-time but one of those that they would have stuck with whatever the call was on the field. Ultimately I think they got that one right too. Playing with Fire when you telegraph passes to RBs in the flat all game. Youre just asking for someone to light up a back and thats what happened.

I agree with this.

But more disappointing imo is that the Giants sideline seemed to let the refs take them out of the game. Shurmur on down, they all had an expression of disillusionment on their faces, even when the game was still well within reach. That doesn't bode well...

shurmur wants the league to think hes deer in the headlights when really hes fox in the henhouse. Hes setting them up

shurmur wants the league to think hes deer in the headlights when really hes fox in the henhouse. Hes setting them up

I have heard that all of the conservative playcall in the first four weeks is to setup teams for the real Giants offensive firepower after the bye.

Things seem to be going as planned... The Giants get to pick in the top 3.

Not if the division stays as bad as it seems. If this game is any indicator looks like the Giants are down to one main weakness, no pressure. They showed big offensive improvements today.

If the offense can keep up that kinda play, the division is about to get interesting, cause I think the Giants are gonna start winning some games.

They have some nice young defensive players...but they're young...man is Vernon missed.

I think if the giants had Vernon all year, they'd be at least 3-2.

But the future is bright for the defense...though it gets overshadowed by the young skill playmakers in offense.

Being an NFL ref has to be the best job in the world. Protected by the NFL, they are omnipotent. They are never wrong and can't remember the last one that was fired. That flag on Kerry Wynn was interesting. Ref is looking downfield then looks back to see Newton on the ground so he throws the flag because Newton is on the ground. If the rules are going to protect a QB this much then blow the whistle before the QB gets tackled and call it a sack.

Being an NFL ref has to be the best job in the world. Protected by the NFL, they are omnipotent. They are never wrong and can't remember the last one that was fired. That flag on Kerry Wynn was interesting. Ref is looking downfield then looks back to see Newton on the ground so he throws the flag because Newton is on the ground. If the rules are going to protect a QB this much then blow the whistle before the QB gets tackled and call it a sack.

Exactky. Cam is a threat to run at any point. Cant throw that flag