SportsWrath

No tears in Engram’s knee

Herc

That Evan Engram really hasn't impressed me so far even when he's healthy, if we're being honest.

The speed difference between him and the other tight ends is noticeable. When 85 caught that 1st down pass on the sidelines, it looked like he was running in sand

The speed difference between him and the other tight ends is noticeable. When 85 caught that 1st down pass on the sidelines, it looked like he was running in sand

At least 85 actually catches the ball. Engram led the league in TE drops last year and was on his way this year too before the injury.

Yes he's very fast... the problem is that hasn't translated to production on the field... Reese seems to fall in love with stats... we thought we were getting a better version of the Redskins TE Reed... that hasn't panned out so far...

Look at the stats. He was a top 5 tight end in his rookie season and he didnt even play every game. What more can you ask for at this stage of his career? Not everyone looks like a hall of famer out of the gate like Beckham

Yeah its definitely a problem. But if thats the price you pay to get everything else he brings to the table then Im willing to pay it. Especially since its correctable

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match, but what do you mean "everything else he brings to the table?" I appreciate that he's a try-hard blocker but he's unfortunately not a very good one, and he has the potential to be a great receiving TE but he has as much many big drops as big catches so far in his career. At the end of the day I just expect more out of a first round TE than what we've gotten, but admittedly he's still super young and could be special someday.

I'd be lying too if I said I wasn't worried about the injuries.

They should let it heal completely...a sprained mcl can lead to a torn mcl, acl, meniscus, patella and dislocation.

He should be out for at least 6 weeks if you want him back fully healthy and not vulnerable.

Ellison is good enough to hold down the fort...especially with all the other offensive weapons healthy

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match, but what do you mean "everything else he brings to the table?" I appreciate that he's a try-hard blocker but he's unfortunately not a very good one, and he has the potential to be a great receiving TE but he has as much many big drops as big catches so far in his career. At the end of the day I just expect more out of a first round TE than what we've gotten, but admittedly he's still super young and could be special someday.

I'd be lying too if I said I wasn't worried about the injuries.

Its cool. What I meant was his ability as a receiving weapon 64 catches, 722 yards and 6 tds In 14 games. He was pretty much the 4th or 5th best te in football. Better blocking and fewer drops would be great but I think there was enough good at 21 years old to live with the flaws

Its cool. What I meant was his ability as a receiving weapon 64 catches, 722 yards and 6 tds In 14 games. He was pretty much the 4th or 5th best te in football. Better blocking and fewer drops would be great but I think there was enough good at 21 years old to live with the flaws

Listen, I like the kid and think he could be a major weapon but it will take the proper schemes. The stats make him the 4th or 5th best fantasy football tight end but in reality, he's more of a niche TE, with limited value in the running game. Gotta find ways to integrate him into the offense without tipping plays when he's on the field.

Here's another thing and maybe it's premature to speculate. What I've described above is not a staple of an offense, more like a fancy gadget. When Engram's rookie contract expires and he's up for a new deal, Collins will have to be taken care of, Barkley's contract will be on the horizon and there will be other areas of need. As a 1st round draft pick, who WILL put up some good offensive numbers, he'll command a big contract. I gotta wonder if the the Giants will open the vault or they'll decide to spend elsewhere.