SportsWrath

I'm still salty.

BlueInCanada

Fuck Getty you big nosed asshole for trading OBJ.

WHAT TYPE OF VALUE DID YOU GET?

A FUCKING SAFETY WHO'S TALENTS IS IN THE RETURN GAME AND SHOULD OF BEEN A LATE SECOND ROUND PICK WHO ONLY HAS TWO YEARS LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT.

A DT WHO CANT RUSH THE PASSER

AND A PROJECT DE WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO RUSH THE PASSER BUT PLAYED AGAINST TRASH PLAYERS IN COLLEGE SO WHO THE FUCK KNOWS.

SERIOUSLY?!?

The best WR to ever suit up in Blue, and I'm pretty confident in saying we will never have a player of his talent level at the WR position again for the next long while.

For a fucking project safety and DE, and a fat fucking DT.

Ugh, no wonder why this team has been trash for the last 6 years and couldn't make a dynasty out of the 2007/2011 team.

I consider Zeitler part of that trade, too. I just dont think Cleveland trades Vernon and Zeitler straight up if it wasnt linked to the OBJ trade. Despite it being announced initially as separate.

I consider Zeitler part of that trade, too. I just dont think Cleveland trades Vernon and Zeitler straight up if it wasnt linked to the OBJ trade. Despite it being announced initially as separate.

I still wouldn't make the trade.

And I don't think it was the case the Zeitler trade was a week before the OBJ trade.

I still wouldn't make the trade.

And I don't think it was the case the Zeitler trade was a week before the OBJ trade.

Yeah, Im still bitter too. But time will tell if we lost on this trade. So far, I called it even. For now. Let see how Lawrence and Zeitler do for the next 4 years

Look, there's no denying that OBJ is a world-class type WR... And that's pretty much the only thing that keeps this debate going.

People like to focus on the players that we got in return but neglect to see that we unloaded a massive contract that would have hampered us for years to come... Being a finance guy, I give this move a B+. Aside from unloading a massive contract, we got a solid OL in the process and unloaded Vernon and his massive contract too... Now OV and OBJ may very well play great for the Browns and I hope they do... but OV wasn't as good as his contract suggests and OBJ was well.. expensive.. and no WR should take that much space given where the Giants are as an organization.

If you're so taken by his statistics you can still have him on your fantasy team or on Madden where his infantile character and psychological instability won't hurt you.

This isn't the NBA.

Good riddance. Literally couldn't be happier that he's gone. Now we can go back to playing football.

You all sound like Met fans, (and I myself am a Met fan), to whom winning is such a foreign concept that they take cheap solace in watching individual players flashy statistical accomplishments.

The New York Football Giants aren't the Mets.

I care about W's, and about having a team that has a real chance to play some serious January and dare I say February football.

Watching OBJ was a fun sideshow and distraction while we sucked. Time to stop sucking.

I plan on thoroughly enjoying:

A- Watching a serious Giants football TEAM this year.

B- Watching the Browns crash and burn.

and probably

C- Watching the "experts" and pundits talk themselves blue in the face trying to possibly make sense out of how the Giants aren't 0-16 and the Browns aren't 16-0.

This is true, it was technically all one trade. I can only guess why they waited to announce the Beckham part of it, I assumed it was to communicate with Beckham first... communication which Beckham said didn't happen, and Shurmur says did happen.

I plan on thoroughly enjoying:

A- Watching a serious Giants football TEAM this year.

B- Watching the Browns crash and burn.

and probably

C- Watching the "experts" and pundits talk themselves blue in the face trying to possibly make sense out of how the Giants aren't 0-16 and the Browns aren't 16-0.

I think the Browns future is bright, very young team with a lot of talent. I'm all for their turnaround, an NFL with a legit Browns team is a better NFL.

I think the Browns future is bright, very young team with a lot of talent. I'm all for their turnaround, an NFL with a legit Browns team is a better NFL.

It all sounds rosy till 3 years from now when those stars with massive egos want huge contracts...