SportsWrath

2006 Free Agents with Grades

Pizan

Other then Kendrick Clancy it looks alright.

Kendrick Clancy DT UFA 6 NY Giants 65

65-69: Adequate Starter

This player is an adequate starter who will give a solid effort week in and week out, but he is overmatched against the better players in the league. ... His weaknesses will be exposed, and he will not survive most man-to-man matchups. ... He is a player you like having on your team, but he is never going to be a star, and you could live with him. ... He defines the term "blue collar."

I thought they were pretty good on Clancy, You dont agree with this?

dude I was there live, he did not dive he dropped a catchable ball right in his bread basket. He also dropped a ball put right on his hands in the flat on a 3rd and 4 with about 25 yards of room in front of him. That pass he dropped was a play designed for him, Aaron Glenn has just come into the game and the Giants tried to take advantage of Carters speed, he got behind Glenn, the ball was thrown so only Carter could get it and falling down he dropped the pass, it hit him in the chest. Had it been off his hands maybe saying he dove for it was true, but that ball hit his numbers and initially many in attendance thought he had it.

That long ball did not hit him in the bread basket. If he had caught it, it would have been a spectacular catch. Believe it or not, seeing it on TV is just as effective, if not more, than seeing it live. Either way, I thought it was a tough catch, and like I mentioned earlier, he's not the only Giants receiver to drop a few passes last year, but at least Carter stretches the field. And as of right now, we don't have anyone who runs the end-around as effectively as Carter.

I just watched the reply out of curiosity or what really happaned!

It didn't hit him in the 'chest' but it hit him in his hands.

That ball was perfectly thrown to Tim Carter. The ball was right in his hands. Tim didn't even extend his arms.

He had possession until he dropped to the ground, just before hitting the ground the ball squirts out.

You won't be able to tell how perfectly the ball was thrown seeing that play live (It looked like Carter dove for the ball). You get a better view of the perfect pass on the reply.

:mellow:

© Currency

Edited by Currency

I just watched the reply out of curiosity or what really happaned!

It didn't hit him in the 'chest' but it hit him in his hands.

That ball was perfectly thrown to Tim Carter. The ball was right in his hands. Tim didn't even extend his arms.

He had possession until he dropped to the ground, just before hitting the ground the ball squirts out.

You won't be able to tell how perfectly the ball was thrown seeing that play live (It looked like Carter dove for the ball). You get a better view of the perfect pass on the reply.

:mellow:

© Currency

I know and I felt that it was his chest that created the drop. Perfect pass and you will not get many better.

That long ball did not hit him in the bread basket. If he had caught it, it would have been a spectacular catch. Believe it or not, seeing it on TV is just as effective, if not more, than seeing it live. Either way, I thought it was a tough catch, and like I mentioned earlier, he's not the only Giants receiver to drop a few passes last year, but at least Carter stretches the field. And as of right now, we don't have anyone who runs the end-around as effectively as Carter.

My definition of a spectacular catch and your definition are clearly different. Amani Toomer's grab against the Chiefs and his TD against the Hawks IMO were spectacular grabs. Ditto the one hand grab by plax against the Niners. When a ball hits your hands that you do not have to extend for(as Currency points out as he re-watched the play today)there is nothing spectacular about it.

My definition of a spectacular catch and your definition are clearly different. Amani Toomer's grab against the Chiefs and his TD against the Hawks IMO were spectacular grabs. Ditto the one hand grab by plax against the Niners. When a ball hits your hands that you do not have to extend for(as Currency points out as he re-watched the play today)there is nothing spectacular about it.

The ball was thrown very well, I agree. He just couldn't come up with the big play. But to me, it wasn't the easiest pass to catch. Either way, it was considered a dropped ball, which once again, has plagued most of our WR and TE corp all of last season.

I just think that signing Carter, if we can at a reasonable price, for a year, is a low risk, high reward move.

The ball was thrown very well, I agree. He just couldn't come up with the big play. But to me, it wasn't the easiest pass to catch. Either way, it was considered a dropped ball, which once again, has plagued most of our WR and TE corp all of last season.

I just think that signing Carter, if we can at a reasonable price, for a year, is a low risk, high reward move.

No doubt, especially when you have seen in the past some of our 3rd Wr's that have gone elsewhere and flourished. From McCaffrey, to Patten to Jurevicous. I have no problem bringing back Carter, what I would like though is a cheap, sure handed, good route running vet to challenge and possibly contribute on passing downs.

Carter only had 10 catches, but 9 out of 10 of those catches went for first downs. Plus, hasn't anyone noticed that Carter is the only player we've had success running the end-around with? He may have dropped a couple of balls last year, but who hasn't?

And granted, his first 3 years in the league, he had trouble staying on the field, but last year, he played in 15 games before taking a vicious hit from Ryan Clark against Washington, which pretty much ended his season. The point is, even though his statistics don't show it, his speed is a valuable commodity to this offense.

You're taking it as me calling him a bad player and I stated that I wasn't. He's just not the guy that other teams are going to fear on every third and long. He just doesn't command that kind of respect yet.

It's not an easy catch but when you are talking about long passes, the pass that Eli threw won't get any better then that.

Wouldn't mind Julian Peterson, Cato June, or Will Witherspoon coming our way in the offseason.

I can't say that I agree with Peterson being rated that highly, but I still wouldn't mind seeing him come our way. Cato June and Witherspoon played well for Indy and Carolina respectively and both are still fairly young in their careers if I remember correctly.

Kendrick Clancy DT UFA 6 NY Giants 65

65-69: Adequate Starter

This player is an adequate starter who will give a solid effort week in and week out, but he is overmatched against the better players in the league. ... His weaknesses will be exposed, and he will not survive most man-to-man matchups. ... He is a player you like having on your team, but he is never going to be a star, and you could live with him. ... He defines the term "blue collar."

I thought they were pretty good on Clancy, You dont agree with this?

Maybe a bit harsh but overall a pretty decent assessment of Clancy. I want to keep our four man, possibly five with Duckett and Allen rotation with our DTs. Can keep our guys rested and we do have some potential at that position. A position where we thought was our major weakness heading into last seasons looking like a bright spot.