SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Man U v Spurs should be a good game to kick off the new season Boo !

Dont like the look of Liverpool v Stoke ( especially after that 6-1 embarrassment on the final weekend of last season )

JR - Lets hope that QPR can get a winning start in the Championship away at Charlton

Time for predictions for the top 5

im going for Chelsea , Arsenal , Man U , Man C , Liverpool ......what do you guys reckon ?

Yeah I like Chelsea again, followed by United, Arsenal, and City for top 4. 5th is a tossup. I don't know if Liverpool has enough. Rodgers will probably get the sack. I heard that Redknapp is available!!

How about bottom 3? Bournemouth, Sunderland, and West Brom.

Team that will be promoted; Hull, Derby, and QPR. Yes I said it. As long as they get another defender. They have a shot.

If somehow we keep DiGea, then I think we can win it all. I don't think Chelsea will maintain last years level, I'm not sold on Arsenal's defense. I don't think City are better than last year and honestly I'm not sure if Liverpool got better or not.

Surprise team this year, Stoke.

Team to drop off: Southampton

Relegated, sorry but I think the 3 teams that came up are going down, not enough reinforcements bought. Eddie Howe is a great manager so the cherries have a shot but the other 2 aren't strong enough.

So much for my Sam Johnstone prediction.

Looks to me like Di Gea is gone. The camera panned to one of the boxes in the stands where we had 2 Spanish international goalies and a Danish International, on our bench is the England u-20 goalie, and in the goals was the Argentinian national goalie who just played in the Copa. Mind you last month, we sold Ben Amos who was the former England u-21 goalie. And here we are today listening to the game today, talking about United looking for a goalie?

Of all of our signings, it might be Darmian that ends up being the best of the lot, he was really solid on the tour and was the best player on the team today, got cramp at the end but he did very well. Mata too. I thought we were too negative today, very cautious. No point buying a talent like Dupay and then not giving him the ball in open play.

By the way, top of the league............Leicester City!

Liverpool looking really unconvincing in their two 1-0 wins so far this season ( glad that Benteke got on the score sheet last night ).

Man U looked ok in their 2 wins ( but Rooney looks slow ! )

How the heck did QPR end up 2-2 in that game against Cardiff ? ......could be a long season in the Championship JR

Lucky win for Liverpool, the Cherries played well. I think they have enough to stay up, maybe add one or two more, but they are well organized. They should go after Austin, I think he would thrive there.

The only way I can look at the draw is that it stopped the rot, dating back to last year. Damn frustrating though. They need defenders. They need a good showing tomorrow against Wolves. I don't think they should have given Ramsey the job, they should have brought in a experience Championship manger like Warnock or Holloway AGAIN!

I caught the game when I came home. He did well, but it's the first time this season. Hopefully it kicks in.

Rooney has been poor and I'm not sure why Young suddenly lost his spot.

I don't know what to think of Liverpool UK, honestly if schweinsteiger was willing to move on from Bayern he's the type of player that could have come in and replace a guy like Gerrard and help guys like Henderson and Coutinho with his experience. I'm not sure what Liverpool have with Henderson as the engine room, I don't think he's an upper echelon player to be honest, dont' worry we have a few of those also. The Clyne and Benteke deals are great moves IMO, especially Clyne. Benteke is a dangerous strong player and excellent in the air and if you ever get Sturrridge playing regular then those 2 will be tough. Not sure about your center backs and I don't think Mignolet is the answer. I like this kid Jordan Ibe. Well I guess I do know what to think about Liverpool.......

Shore up the defense, replace Austin with a proven striker and they can challenge for promotion. They are giving up way too many goals, especially towards the ends of games.

John Walters from Stoke will be available at the deadline by the looks of it. If they can't keep Austin then a guy like Walters would be a huge help as he's about as honest a forward you can get.Maybe kick the tires on a guy like Wes Brown.

• 4 weeks later...

Well done Utd ...... But fuck only knows how this shapeless team led by an arrogant Dutch fool is on top of the table.

( then again ...... City , Chelsea , Arsenal and Liverpool look awful too )

I'm not enjoying this season much at the moment ... Are you ?

I don't know UK about being shapeless. Looks like we have some guys that will settle us down now. The only guy I don't get is the Herrera situation. Honesty the guy right now who I feel isn't playing up to par is Rooney. I think Mata behind Martial right now is better with Herrera taking Mata's slot. If Memphis is playing a stinker which he has at times then Young comes in and they don't lose a beat. Schweinsteiger and Schneidelin have helped, I love Schweinsteiger's composure which should be huge against bigger teams. Smalling might be the best center back in England right now, Blind is playing well. And now Di Gea being back is huge for us. Our bench is strong. The football at times is rough to watch but this time last year we were 13th. I don't know what has happened to Chelsea, but it looks like Mourinho is struggling with the dressing room. I'm surprised that issue with the doctor isn't a bigger deal because that was a disgrace, how has he gotten away with that?. Arsenal look solid, City will be fine in the long run. The next 3 weeks should be fun, Wolfsburg/Arsenal and City are all on tap.