SportsWrath

Elliot suspension reinstated

Lughead

The NFL is gonna get fucked in the ass once the CBA expires.

The players association is gonna have a hay day with all this ammunition of fuck ups that the league and owners keep doing.

Don't be surprised if we go a few years without football.

I doubt it. They'll have ammo but can't hang with the owners in a long and drawn out strike. Hell... look what happened during the last strike in the late 80s? We're definitely heading towards a messy negotiation tho.

I doubt it. They'll have ammo but can't hang with the owners in a long and drawn out strike. Hell... look what happened during the last strike in the late 80s? We're definitely heading towards a messy negotiation tho.

Yep...and with the gate down in some markets (FLA and TX with hurricanes....LA with...well...LA)...and TV ratings down across the board....all of which is used to calculate the size of the pie...there will be less to divide up as well.

C.Wagon

If this Krapernick collusion thing gains steam with the NFLPA it could actually render the CBA void.

That's not going to happen. There is no way in hell he can prove they all conspired to keep him from playing and that is essentially what his burden of proof is. All it takes is one owner to say "Kaeper-WHO?" :laugh: He doesn't have a leg to stand on. Good thing he's an expert at taking a knee ;)

That's not going to happen. There is no way in hell he can prove they all conspired to keep him from playing and that is essentially what his burden of proof is. All it takes is one owner to say "Kaeper-WHO?" :laugh: He doesn't have a leg to stand on. Good thing he's an expert at taking a knee ;)

He just has to prove 2 did- or 1 tried. Based on how hes going about this-skipping free representation from the union, seems like he feels he has proof.

He just has to prove 2 did- or 1 tried. Based on how hes going about this-skipping free representation from the union, seems like he feels he has proof.

col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
  1. secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
    There's no way to prove it even if it DID happen. He's SOL.

col·lu·sion
kəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
  1. secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.
    There's no way to prove it even if it DID happen. He's SOL.

what made you think I didn't know the meaning of collusion? Of course there's ways to prove it if it happened.

Only if the owners were stupid enough to document their collusion through written communication or allowed private conversations to be recorded or overheard. As shady as some of the owners may be, I'm assuming they're at least not stupid.

I hope Elliott pushes this until the playoffs and then gets suspended, only to watch the Cowboys lose immediately...when he could've served it, gotten it done, and then moved past it. This guy is beginning to make guys like Michael Irvin and Terrell Owens appear likeable.

Only if the owners were stupid enough to document their collusion through written communication or allowed private conversations to be recorded or overheard. As shady as some of the owners may be, I'm assuming they're at least not stupid.

I hope Elliott pushes this until the playoffs and then gets suspended, only to watch the Cowboys lose immediately...when he could've served it, gotten it done, and then moved past it. This guy is beginning to make guys like Michael Irvin and Terrell Owens appear likeable.

That's what I thought too, but upon further review.... it's a sperm lotto. Almost none of the owners earned their wealth, they're almost all old money. There's little reason to think that any of them are not stupid.

That's what I thought too, but upon further review.... it's a sperm lotto. Almost none of the owners earned their wealth, they're almost all old money. There's little reason to think that any of them are not stupid.

I understand that too, but they're also old white guys who tend to be ultra conservative in protecting their investments as opposed to risking them. So they have to be smart enough not to bring themselves to ruin. I imagine most of these teams operate in a machine-like fashion. The teams have this department doing this job, the same as they have for decades. They have this other department doing its job, the same as it has for decades. The owners seemingly only have to keep from screwing it up and they'll continue to make money hand over fist. The difference is rather vast between not screwing up and realizing the full potential a team may have.

Heres how I hope the Colin Kaepernick collusion case plays out: There is a video tape, and on it, 32 owners are sitting in a circle in a dark Knights Templar/Skull & Bones/Stonecutters setting, wearing robes, and decreeing before a golden altar that no team shall sign Kaepernick. They then mutter an oath in a dead language of the ancients, and the camera pans to reveal Roger Goodell leather-strapped naked to the wall with an apple in his mouth.

My point exactly. And it would take more than one.