SportsWrath

So John Mara JR

BlueInCanada

Your team is 0-4, the season is done before it is even midway through the year.

The best QB in franchise history is another year older, the best WR in franchise history is heading towards a 100+ million dollar contract which will more than likely be with another team if early season exits are gonna be the norm.

Your vaunted defense is now being exposed/figured out by other teams and Spags weakness of "Fuck it just rush bodies" is starting to become a problem, which is why he was let the first time.

Your two best Oline players are headed into FA and you probably can't keep them both.

Your "Head coach" continues to throw players under the bus game after game, this time it's the entire defense.

So what are you gonna do?

Status quo for another 12 weeks? Does change come during the season or after?

There is no way a team with this talent is 0-4 with any other competent head coach.

It's all gonna depend on how the team responds and the record. If there's sniping and shit falls apart in the locker room, McAdoo is done. Even if they do hang together and it's a 2-14 season, he's done.

Anything else has Mac back for another year. Simple as that.

0-4 is bad.. but this team is not an 0-4 team. We have a couple of holes to fill.. the OL is the glaring one.. obviously... but let's not pretend this team is the Cleveland Browns. McAdoo is learning on the job... we all have to start somewhere were we take on a job we've never done before... Eli has been stellar... The OL played rather well yesterday... ODB is hobbled and we played without OV... now the sky isn't falling and I find it odd that fans who know quite a bit about the game of football are suddenly saying everying sucks with this team... We were 2 fucking Brad Wing punts away from being 2-2.... think about that.

We have talent that's way better than 0-4 but there's not enough focus. All these missed punts, kicks, coverages, and dropped passes happen at awful times and we get maximum consequences every time a mistake is made. The defense is pissing me off more than anything. Apple has regressed, Collins is not all over the field and is being beat by average TEs, the front seven is constantly letting little running backs get tough yards after contact and the pass rush gets worse every week. This might be the most frustrating season I can remember. Has any team with 11 wins ever started 0-4?

And god dammit how the fuck does brad wing do that two games in a row after being automatic since day 1 here? This whole league is bizarro world this year

It's funny that it took injuries to several starters and three weeks (and three losses) for him to shuffle up the offensive line. And pretty inexcusable to not work Gallman in week 1, at least to see what the kid's got. The rest of the NFL is hanging hopes on their rookie RBs, ours sits inactive or whatever.

We have talent that's way better than 0-4 but there's not enough focus. All these missed punts, kicks, coverages, and dropped passes happen at awful times and we get maximum consequences every time a mistake is made. The defense is pissing me off more than anything. Apple has regressed, Collins is not all over the field and is being beat by average TEs, the front seven is constantly letting little running backs get tough yards after contact and the pass rush gets worse every week. This might be the most frustrating season I can remember. Has any team with 11 wins ever started 0-4?

And god dammit how the fuck does brad wing do that two games in a row after being automatic since day 1 here? This whole league is bizarro world this year

I guarantee Quinn is telling him to angle it to the sidelines instead of just having faith in Wing's hang time, leg strength, and the punt coverage. Angling has never really been what Wing does. He's no Jeff Feagles.

Ben and Jerry's product has melted ! ......... i want them both gone at the end of the season

Somebody needs to get on this in Photoshop... pronto.

"Ben and Jerry's 4th Quarter Meltdown. Gobs of poopy-brown chocolate covered with a melted aged caramel core."

I guarantee Quinn is telling him to angle it to the sidelines instead of just having faith in Wing's hang time, leg strength, and the punt coverage. Angling has never really been what Wing does. He's no Jeff Feagles.

The coaching staff has decided to Matt Dodge his career.

0-4 is bad.. but this team is not an 0-4 team. We have a couple of holes to fill.. the OL is the glaring one.. obviously... but let's not pretend this team is the Cleveland Browns. McAdoo is learning on the job... we all have to start somewhere were we take on a job we've never done before... Eli has been stellar... The OL played rather well yesterday... ODB is hobbled and we played without OV... now the sky isn't falling and I find it odd that fans who know quite a bit about the game of football are suddenly saying everying sucks with this team... We were 2 fucking Brad Wing punts away from being 2-2.... think about that.

You are what your record says you are.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry fucking Christmas. Take this away and we'd have won. Take that away and we would've scored there. It's all bullshit. The team lost the fucking game. It's a team effort. If one unit fucks up, another has to pick up the slack somehow. That doesn't happen and we're essentially eliminated from the playoffs. 0-4 overall. 0-4 in the conference. 0-2 in the division. Seriously...it's over. It's October 2nd and we're starting the debate of whether or not to root against the Giants for draft position. That's where we're are. This team is not nearly as good as people think it is. Not right now anyway. Maybe that changes a bit, but shit...you can't suck much more than 0-4 after 4 games.

“Jerry knows this is on him. I’ve had that discussion. You can’t hide from the record. It’s up to you now to get it fixed because the last three years are just not acceptable.”

John Mara

1/5/16

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/john_mara_jerry_reese_knows_this_is_on_him_after_g.html

Updated to reflect source

“Jerry knows this is on him. I’ve had that discussion. You can’t hide from the record. It’s up to you now to get it fixed because the last three years are just not acceptable.”

Who said this and where?