SportsWrath

So now that the Giants are eliminated from the playoffs, let's look towards FA/Draft

BlueInCanada

Do the Giants go something like 3-13 and end up getting a chance at guys like Barkly or Adams?

Or do they manage to get some meaningless wins and end up 6-10 and end up outside of the top 10?

I mean Barkley would be a huge upgrade at RB, but would he do anything with this Oline?

Adams is a day one starting tackle in the NFL, but would you then kick Flowers out of the LT for him?

Do the Giants go something like 3-13 and end up getting a chance at guys like Barkly or Adams?

Or do they manage to get some meaningless wins and end up 6-10 and end up outside of the top 10?

I mean Barkley would be a huge upgrade at RB, but would he do anything with this Oline?

Adams is a day one starting tackle in the NFL, but would you then kick Flowers out of the LT for him?

I would kick Flowers out for Jumbo Elliot... today... off the street.

I said this same thing two offseasons ago but yeah. When you go half-assed you get half-assed... or in our case, worse.

Yep. Ownership is getting what they deserve--empty seats in October. I always went to 2-3 games a year but I'll pass this year

Now it's time to be thinking qb of the future. Can't imagine the Giants sneaking more than 4 wins now

I'd love if we could followed the Eli formula.

Round 1: franchise QB

Round 2: mauling, road grading guard

Not Reese making the picks.

The defensive line got zero pressure all game long. Melvin Gordon tore them up the middle all game long. I'd say you need to throw in some defensive lineman, Vendetta.

Haven't we just drafted one in the 2nd round already?

Haven't we just drafted one in the 2nd round already?

Yep.

Good thing we got that Dalvin Tomlinson instead of a LB like Zach Cunningham. Our LBs once again look great in coverage with tight ends eating them up for 80 yards and a TD every week. In fact, I think we should switch our name to "The New York---Jason Witten... Touchdown!"

Yep.

Good thing we got that Dalvin Tomlinson instead of a LB like Zach Cunningham. Our LBs once again look great in coverage with tight ends eating them up for 80 yards and a TD every week. In fact, I think we should switch our name to "The New York---Jason Witten... Touchdown!"

I was only responding to the notion that we need to draft a DT.

If we don't get at least two starting offensive linemen this offseason that produce for the next 4 years, then I may have to cancel my fandom. This is complete bullshit that we have to put up with a team like this. Wasting the years of a franchise QB, wasting good defenses...it's hot garbage at best.

Fuck these top QBs...we just used a 3rd rounder on one...a fucking 3rd rounder and we're ready to just throw that guy away for a 1st rounder when we don't know whether either can do shit. I swear on all that's holy if we don't see Webb in the game in meaningful situations before the end of the year and if they take a QB...I might just be done with all things Giants for a while. I've been a fan for almost 30 years now...and I just don't know how fans deal with their teams when their teams don't do what's necessary to succeed.

I mean shit...look at the Browns. They've sucked for a lot longer, but at least they make the effort and try. They fuck it up royally...frequently...but at least they get a guy to fill a position of need. We just say forget it...it'll take care of itself.

If we don't get at least two starting offensive linemen this offseason that produce for the next 4 years, then I may have to cancel my fandom. This is complete bullshit that we have to put up with a team like this. Wasting the years of a franchise QB, wasting good defenses...it's hot garbage at best.

Fuck these top QBs...we just used a 3rd rounder on one...a fucking 3rd rounder and we're ready to just throw that guy away for a 1st rounder when we don't know whether either can do shit. I swear on all that's holy if we don't see Webb in the game in meaningful situations before the end of the year and if they take a QB...I might just be done with all things Giants for a while. I've been a fan for almost 30 years now...and I just don't know how fans deal with their teams when their teams don't do what's necessary to succeed.

I mean shit...look at the Browns. They've sucked for a lot longer, but at least they make the effort and try. They fuck it up royally...frequently...but at least they get a guy to fill a position of need. We just say forget it...it'll take care of itself.

My concern is that throwing Webb out there with this OL and without the time and reps necessary can be counter-productive.

This and an O line to protect him

Of course... and it's not like we're talking about 10 people... need maybe 2 starters on that unit and we're good... It's amazing how much one bad unit can fuck up an entire season and the OL I think is the most important unit...

Yeah, but now the defense is dropping off too, and it isn't just because the offense is putting them in bad position or not holding the ball. It's like we're trying to scramble up a slippery slope.

I'm beginning to think that trying to chase a SB under the contracts of older vets like Eli, JPP, etc. might be chasing the wind a bit.

Offensive line, defensive end, offensive line, linebacker, outside wide receiver...in that order. I could give a shit where they come from, draft or free agency...but that there needs to be the priority list. I think that between Gallman and Perkins, we're okay at RB. Engram and Ellison at TE are fine. Beckham, Shepard, draft pick at WR...put Beckham or Shepard in the slot on 3WR sets. Or, split out Engram.

As far as Webb goes...we have to see what he's got. Period. The risk is worth it to know going into the offseason whether you need to find Eli's replacement or whether you already have him.

Yeah, but now the defense is dropping off too, and it isn't just because the offense is putting them in bad position or not holding the ball. It's like we're trying to scramble up a slippery slope.

I'm beginning to think that trying to chase a SB under the contracts of older vets like Eli, JPP, etc. might be chasing the wind a bit.

Offensive line, defensive end, offensive line, linebacker, outside wide receiver...in that order. I could give a shit where they come from, draft or free agency...but that there needs to be the priority list. I think that between Gallman and Perkins, we're okay at RB. Engram and Ellison at TE are fine. Beckham, Shepard, draft pick at WR...put Beckham or Shepard in the slot on 3WR sets. Or, split out Engram.

As far as Webb goes...we have to see what he's got. Period. The risk is worth it to know going into the offseason whether you need to find Eli's replacement or whether you already have him.

Agreed, which goes back to what I first commented on. Gmen are in pretty bad shape. The needs of the team outweigh what you can get in one off season. You guys will be rebuilding for a while IMO.