SportsWrath

I’m sorry... But

NeMesiS

Dude, he put up better numbers than Dornald and Rosen in the same conference...

He looked rusty.... He looked like he hasnt played in a real game for over a year.

That's what I hope-think too.

Honestly, as bad as Webb was, the receivers were worse. After all that time off, with the extremely poor performance across the board for the team, I'm not giving up on Webb yet.

And lets not forget that this was a Gregg Williams D they were facing.... that douchebag has long had a rep for bringing a game plan to preseason games. he wants to 'build confidence'. That's why an 0-16 regular season Browns team was undefeated last preseason.

He looked rusty.... He looked like he hasnt played in a real game for over a year.

I agree...and he had a bad drop and a receiver got that lost a ball that he might have been able to make a play on had he not lost it.

He looked to be pressing.....and way too jacked up....and like you say...he hasn't taken a snap in a game in almost a year.

But the fucker passes the eye test....no happy feet.....stands tall in the pocket....makes reads and runs his progressions lickitty fucking split....has a sharp quick release...and sorry....a big arm is a big arm ...he throws a good ball.....just too jacked up.

I think he makes a couple of plays and calms down...we might see what the Gman have here.

C. Wagon

How so? His completion % and more importantly yards per attempt were lower than Darnold and Rosen in their final college year.

Yards per attempt is your best friend when evaluating QB stats. How well do they move the ball.

Turnover ratios are key too.

That's what I hope-think too.

Honestly, as bad as Webb was, the receivers were worse. After all that time off, with the extremely poor performance across the board for the team, I'm not giving up on Webb yet.

And lets not forget that this was a Gregg Williams D they were facing.... that douchebag has long had a rep for bringing a game plan to preseason games. he wants to 'build confidence'. That's why an 0-16 regular season Browns team was undefeated last preseason.

lol good to know

I agree...and he had a bad drop and a receiver got that lost a ball that he might have been able to make a play on had he not lost it.

He looked to be pressing.....and way too jacked up....and like you say...he hasn't taken a snap in a game in almost a year.

But the fucker passes the eye test....no happy feet.....stands tall in the pocket....makes reads and runs his progressions lickitty fucking split....has a sharp quick release...and sorry....a big arm is a big arm ...he throws a good ball.....just too jacked up.

I think he makes a couple of plays and calms down...we might see what the Gman have here.

C. Wagon

I just think we should wait the 4th preseason until we decide to cut him.

I believe we went 0/4 in preseason games in both of Eli's Superbowl-winning years. Just saying.

Yeah there's never really a correlation between preseason record and regular season record.

You got teams that treat them like regular season games and others that don't even play their star players at all.

I believe we went 0/4 in preseason games in both of Eli's Superbowl-winning years. Just saying.

Yeah my qualm is not with the L but with how poor Webb looked.

Again its only one preseason game though, and game 1 at that. Cant over analyze or extrapolate too much.

I did notice that unlike Eli, who when he makes mistakes just shrugs and makes a stupid face, Webb seemed much more emotional in his reactions.

Again its only one preseason game though, and game 1 at that. Cant over analyze or extrapolate too much.

I did notice that unlike Eli, who when he makes mistakes just shrugs and makes a stupid face, Webb seemed much more emotional in his reactions.

See you kinda want a mix though from a QB.

You want them to shrug off a mistake or bad throw so they dont get in their own head, but you still want them to show something out there when something isnt working.

You don't want to go full on Cutler robotic, but you don't want a Ryan Leaf either.

Watching Webb throw the ball was a change. Every time he had a clean pocket it looked like he was throwing the perfect pass only to watch sail well above the receiver. Perfect form, camera hung on him for a second just capturing the moment because he was watching the ball the same way a golfer watches after his swing.

I'm almost done with the busting his balls

:laugh:

I think a lot of what makes a successful qb is a little raw talent, despite and work ethic, and time and patience from the coaching staff. I think Webb is in a good position to be the starter in 2019 or 2020. I really wanted aqb thus year at number two, but that was before i heard how addicted to learning Webb is.

Still would have loved Rosen, or even Darnold. But for me Webb has built a lot of confidence capital that one preseason game won't erase.

See you kinda want a mix though from a QB.

You want them to shrug off a mistake or bad throw so they dont get in their own head, but you still want them to show something out there when something isnt working.

You don't want to go full on Cutler robotic, but you don't want a Ryan Leaf either.

True. Good point.

I think a lot of what makes a successful qb is a little raw talent, despite and work ethic, and time and patience from the coaching staff. I think Webb is in a good position to be the starter in 2019 or 2020. I really wanted aqb thus year at number two, but that was before i heard how addicted to learning Webb is.

Still would have loved Rosen, or even Darnold. But for me Webb has built a lot of confidence capital that one preseason game won't erase.

What are you trying to say here?

The performance Webb put in against the Lions is what you expect from a franchise QB. I'll will be thrilled if our third rounder outplays the first rounders from the 2018 draft down the road.

I wonder if the defense even put in any adjustments.