SportsWrath

2019 Yankees

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

Savages!!! Hysterical..i love it.

Hes done a hell of a job managing this year..has to be a top moy candidate. At one point...the entire team exceot torres and lemaihue were on the dl...at the same time. A dnn for a while

If they trade Frazier for a Sonny Gray 4th starter matha fucka' in the next 10 days I am going to lose my shit James.

Lose it....it will be CLASSIC 1980s thinking...the decade where they rolled up the most wins of any team...and never made the playoffs.

C. Wagon

Like matt boyd...who has never been anything special is having a career year at 27.

I think stroman is the best guy available but they'll have to give up a lot and there will be many other teams to compete with for him

If they rent an arm I'm going to be crazy pissed.....

With that offense, they don't need Cy Young....they need to go find a innings eater...and nasty guy that can go every 4 days and go 6 +....guy that is a 2 or 3 on his current team....somebody maybe on the back end who can have a little left in the tank if he is getting runs support.....a Dave Cone. ...a Doc Gooden.....shit...even further back...a Doc Ellis...a Mike Torres.

We can give up some AA prospects and a sack of BP balls...like we did to get Coney.

Just dont give up a 23 year old kid that is going to be an all star some day for some guy who is going to be a free agent in a year or two who had never pitched on a stage like NY or in the playoffs.

C. Wagon

They wont do that. Cashman has been adamant about saying he wont trade a clint frazier for a rental.

There are no aces available...but theyre going to need a good pitcher if they're going to beat the astros in a 5 or 7 game series.

Good news is they can sign chris sale and gerrit cole in thd offseason as free agents.

They wont do that. Cashman has been adamant about saying he wont trade a clint frazier for a rental.

There are no aces available...but theyre going to need a good pitcher if they're going to beat the astros in a 5 or 7 game series.

Good news is they can sign chris sale and gerrit cole in thd offseason as free agents.

They need a mid range guy too...someone to pair with Green or somebody that can get you to the back end of the bully if a starter gets shelled in the 2nd......a Dick Tidrow / Ron Davis....Remiro Mendoza / Jeff Nelson sort of tandem.

Not sure what happened last night but it is becoming apparent they got way the fuck too many DH/1B guys....Sanchez is killing us behind the plate and he calls a shitty game...fuck...thank God he can rake. (I know, I am down on Sanchez...just let me go until he has a 3-4 6 rbi game...then I will be good again..and he is pretty much due one too).

What is up with the big balls on Trachman....dude has bump his avg 30 points in a week and has two assists from the outfield.

Hey, what is the story on Stanton....?

C. Wagon

Nothing good on Stanton.....hasnt done any baseball activity.

There aren't any ace pitchers available...all teams that are trading pitchers will get more than what the pitcher is worth. Theres a lot of competition for pitching....and theres no more waiver deals so july 31 is it...ypu cant make trades until the offseason after July 31.

Id like them to get robbie ray from the diamond backs and a solid relief pitcher..alex colome id go for...a fireman..strikeout guy

Tauchman has been playing well with regular playing time...another savvy trade for the best gm in the game...ninja cashman!!

Nothing good on Stanton.....hasnt done any baseball activity.

There aren't any ace pitchers available...all teams that are trading pitchers will get more than what the pitcher is worth. Theres a lot of competition for pitching....and theres no more waiver deals so july 31 is it...ypu cant make trades until the offseason after July 31.

Id like them to get robbie ray from the diamond backs and a solid relief pitcher..alex colome id go for...a fireman..strikeout guy

Tauchman has been playing well with regular playing time...another savvy trade for the best gm in the game...ninja cashman!!

I think Fringe in on vacation....but I am sure he will appreciate the effort.

C. Wagon

Theres something wrong with Sanchez. He hasnt hit sincr he came off the dl over a month ago

He had an nice rip last night to help bring them back.

Damn, these fuckers are NEVER out of a game. If they get any sort of B + Playoff pitching they are going to get deep into the playoffs.

They still need a stopper though...my money is on CC....he is a real baseball player. He will nut the fuck up in the PO's.....Could play in any era. Fucking love that guy.

C.W gaon

Some major injuries to some bubble and wildcard holding playoff teams just came down. Should open up the trade market more now that fringe playoff teams major stars just went out for the season.

Abd a lot can happen in 4 days...other teams can lose players and decode to sell.

Some major injuries to some bubble and wildcard holding playoff teams just came down. Should open up the trade market more now that fringe playoff teams major stars just went out for the season.

Abd a lot can happen in 4 days...other teams can lose players and decode to sell.

You were right about Sanchez....10 day DL for that hammy again.

If he is catching with a bad hammy that might explain some of those past balls.

Hope you are right on those down stream teams looking to deal.

C.W agon

Its still going to be a sellers market ,but with more teams willing to trade, it will lessen the blow.

But i still expect every team to over pay in getting pitching. Its pretty thin

....fuck man....Romine pitched last night....a fucking BP session. The WHOLE game... God I hate those cocksuckers.

#19 has been owned by the Bosox the last two times he has faced them.

That shit cant happen in October.

C. Wagon

Ten last night...but Boston has a great offense....actually better than the yankees...they average almost 6 runs a game.

Yankees average almost 5 runs a game.

Their red Hispanic catcher and boegarts have made up for the Betts and Martinez return to means. They had career years last season. But boegarts haa increased his power and Vasquez is having a career year this year..so their offense is actually jusy as good as it was last year...better even.

Yanks need to win today. They will lose tomorrow. This is their only chance to stop a sweep.

Yankee starting pitching has had an unprecedented week...starting staff has given up yhe most earned runs over 7 gamed in mlb history.

YIKES!!!

Granted, they have faced the 2 best offenses in the league..but still...thats ugly.

Seriously James.....they can get a pitcher(s) by the deadline...but that is not going to mean shit if German is the only guy you can count on in the playoffs.

I mean a Stopper is good to rid this lead for the next 50 games...but you need two guys you can give the ball to and get you a good 6 innings when you get to the playoffs. The analytic guys will tell you you can do it all on bullpen given how deep they are...but even though guys get tried.

I heard Reggie on the radio talking about the new starter strat is to go as hard has you can for as long as you "Max effort".....then go to bully early.

44 called bullshit on it....said its called "Pitching" and not "Throwing" for a reason.

We need a couple of pitchers James.

C.W agon

Looks like all selling teams prices were higher for the yankees than every team....collusion? Dont think so...its just they were asking for way too much from them....but in the market that it was, you had to be practical and overpay if that was way the market turned out.

A lot of teams gave up a lot for players...but not that much...highly touted prospects....they asked the yankees fkr gleybet, frazier, dievi garcia and andujar.

So other teams got the same players for only prospects..they wanted three young, abover average major league players...plus top prospects from the yankees.

Im not saying ninja cash did the right thing, but i understand why he stood his groubd....but they have a chance at a world series this year...he should have made some moves...even if it was a significant overpay

If they win the division...they will lose to Houston if they make the alcs. Fucking Houston cheated their way from 95-115 loss seasons for over a decade, purposely losing and feilding the equivalent of a low a ball team at the major League level...not signing any free agents...dropped payroll to 10 million....to perennial world series contenders. Now they have flexed their might again...they not have 3 of the top 5 pitchers in baseball this year...incuding the number 1 zoolander and 2 grienke..cole is 5th.

Oh and wade miley is the best number 4 starter in baseball this year. Fuck the ASStros...i hate then more than the red sox.

Maybe severino comes back with enough time to build up to a 6 plus inning starter in the majors...hes throwing off a mound now. Betances too.

Maybe they'll both be ready and built up enough to make a serious playoff push without any restrictions like pitch count etcetera

According to Bob Klapisch of the New York Times, the New York Metswere willing to trade starting pitcher Marcus Stroman to the Yankees in exchange for prospects Estevan Florial (outfielder) and Deivi Garcia (pitcher), among others, but the Bronx Bombers turned down the offer.

I don't see how Cashman did not jump on that offer... putting Stroman on this team for this year wins you a world series and next year you have him too... The Yanks are not missing outfielders, thats for sure

Stroman isnt that good....hes a number 3 starter havibg a career year. He would not match up with any of Houston's top three...or the dodgers.

And the mets gave up far lesser prospects for him than what Toronto asked the yankees for...also florial, garcia, gil and seigler are much better prospects than the two the mets gave up for stroman

• 2 weeks later...

More injuries...this is just silly now.

They need to look at the doctors and trainers.

Every player projected to be in thr starting lineup had been on the dl except for torres...a d he should probably be on the il right now.

Even the back ups have gotten hurt.

And you cant fool me...judge is injured....probably not badly, he is still hitting the ball extremely hard...but that wrist injury is looming...wrist injuries take a long time to heal and a longer time for the hitter to be comfortable again when hitting.

Its one of the most debilitating injuries a hitter can have. Some never recover fully.