SportsWrath

Lincecum

The Giants were expected to recall right-hander Tim Lincecum from Triple-A Fresno to replace Ortiz in the rotation. He would start Sunday's series finale.

"We're still talking about it but we're expecting him to make that start," Bochy said. "This is a tough kid who handled himself well in spring training. He'll be fine if it turns out to be him."

Lincecum, the Giants No. 1 pick in the 2006 amateur draft, has allowed one run in 31 innings with the Grizzlies in five games. He's 4-0 with an 0.29 ERA, 46 strikeouts and 11 walks.

C'mon, excited? That's 1 ER in 31 innings! I know how hyped prospects can be but I'm definitely looking forward to see this guy pitch. I'm sure our resident Giants fan would agree. **ahem** San Francisco.

was watching tonight's start. he's nice, but his delivery is really violent. i wouldn't be shocked if he had the same issues as liriano or became a closer within the next 3-4 years

you should have seen baron's facial of kirilenko tonite. instant classic. i'm sure you'll see it on espn

glad to see they won, i'd love to see them play the suns in the western conference finals

the only 2 exciting teams left. san fundamentalio and utah would be unbearable.

yeah, and amare's 100% right about them being dirt. as much as i love duncan i really can't stand the spurs