SportsWrath

best bullpen in baseball

Herc

9 scoreless innings last night. Awesome.

The Mets bullpen has performed well, too. Some people were saying that was a weakness before the season. They are on a 15 inning or so scorless streak of their own as of today. It's not 28, but it's pretty good.

How do you like Heath Bell? I liked him when he pitched for us, most of the time. He just wasn't consistent, but that may be because he was always shuttled between AAA and the majors, never really finding a place on the team.

Yanks have an incredible bullpen this year as well....now the starters are a different story so who kows how long it will be until the pen is burnt out

All the Yanks need is time, and they will get their pitchers back. In the meantime, they will stay afloat by scoring 31 runs a game.

Yanks have an incredible bullpen this year as well....now the starters are a different story so who kows how long it will be until the pen is burnt out

yanks bullpen is the best it's been in years. farnsworth has to be used correctly but almost everyone is a power arm and everyone is well above average

9 scoreless innings last night. Awesome.

The Mets bullpen has performed well, too. Some people were saying that was a weakness before the season. They are on a 15 inning or so scorless streak of their own as of today. It's not 28, but it's pretty good.

How do you like Heath Bell? I liked him when he pitched for us, most of the time. He just wasn't consistent, but that may be because he was always shuttled between AAA and the majors, never really finding a place on the team.

i actually liked heath bell when he was on the mets (i watch a good amount of met games) and was very happy to get him in that trade, but im going to wait a while to see how he does before i pass judgement. so far i can't complain too much

i actually thought the yanks had a decent chance at a good bullpen this season with all those power arms but then i remembered who is managing it :doh:

Exactly. How I miss the days of Zimmer and Stottlemyre to smack him upside the head again. He is really terrible at managing the BP. Whether it's his "Boys" that he has pitch every night and not knowing where to place them properly or when to pull the starter, he's just awful. I honestly cant wait for a fresh managerial mind.

i actually thought the yanks had a decent chance at a good bullpen this season with all those power arms but then i remembered who is managing it :doh:

The all knowing Michael Kay thought the same thing. He swore up and down that the Yankees' bullpen was lights out because they throw hard.

He raved and raved about Farnsworth, Vizcaino, and Bruney. What have these guys ever done? :unsure:

Exactly. How I miss the days of Zimmer and Stottlemyre to smack him upside the head again. He is really terrible at managing the BP. Whether it's his "Boys" that he has pitch every night and not knowing where to place them properly or when to pull the starter, he's just awful. I honestly cant wait for a fresh managerial mind.

Andy Pettitte has been great out of the pen... :ph34r: