SportsWrath

Would it

Gspotter

an uncapped year created a FA free-for-all and we put together a highly unusual team of super stars.

Would it be an asterisk next to that championship, like many of us put next to the Skins SB wins during the strike season?

Or would it tarnish the image, somewhat like the Steve Young championship with a host of FA's, different in large part than Joe Montana's reign?

an uncapped year created a FA free-for-all and we put together a highly unusual team of super stars.

Would it be an asterisk next to that championship, like many of us put next to the Skins SB wins during the strike season?

Or would it tarnish the image, somewhat like the Steve Young championship with a host of FA's, different in large part than Joe Montana's reign?

I'll take what I can get :P

It's human nature for those that don't go all the way to poke holes in the success of the Champions. It would likely be similar had we won it all this year. There would still be the random idiot that would chalk up the championship to an extra home game versus the Saints.

I don't think the strike year is a good comparison though. Quality players will still take the field, there just will be a lot of them in different uniforms.

Guest Floyd The Barber
It's human nature for those that don't go all the way to poke holes in the success of the Champions. It would likely be similar had we won it all this year. There would still be the random idiot that would chalk up the championship to an extra home game versus the Saints.

I don't think the strike year is a good comparison though. Quality players will still take the field, there just will be a lot of them in different uniforms.

kind of like you guys do with Ben's success and Pitts. winning the Super Bowl this year...

makes sense now...

Guest Nutty Sack

Go ask a Yanke fan how it feels. Especially when you out spend everyone by a wide margin and loose. ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha............double the pain!!

I'm not implying that an uncapped season is in direction with correlation the strike season; my assertion is that seasons like those tend to keep a stigma with the champion.

Were we to assemble a powerhouse line up in a capless season, would it be tainted or not for you.

I agree with the poster who said that they'd rather win on a level playing field. I'm a heritage kind of guy, not a newbie and not a guy who learned most of his football through a video game.

I'd rather win with players like Stah, Tiki, and Amani (having suffered through their biggest wins and losses with them). It's not necessarily a fan mindset that jibes with FA, however, I was a fan well before FA and so that's the imprinting that worked on me.

Under no cap, there wouldn't be any asterisks by championships. Yanks have no asterisks by their championships. Point is, if we can get the best in the NFL and win, that's fine. But I want the cap to stay.

I wouldn't feel too proud about it. No cap would really diminish the greatness of the NFL and descend to the ranks of the MLB where many small market teams never have a chance in hell to win the world series. It's really sad.