SportsWrath

Cut Eli Apple

BlueInCanada

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000813007/article/eli-apple-mother-annie-battle-over-dietary-direction

Eli Apple, mother Annie battle over dietary direction
  • By Nick Shook NFL.com
  • Published: June 3, 2017 at 12:32 p.m.
  • Updated: June 3, 2017 at 06:30 p.m.

Their last name might be Apple, but don't get it twisted -- Friday's controversy was all about fried foods.

Second-year corner Eli Apple of the New York Giants told NFL Network's Kimberly Jones that the key to his 10-pound healthy bulk was cutting down on the artery-clogging-yet-delicious culinary options served up by none other than his mother. Typically, we could accept this at face value. Mom cleans up cooking, son sees benefits, which translate to the field and inspire a lighthearted story behind the success. Move along.

But this isn't just any NFL mother we're talking about. This is Annie Apple, Twitter's favorite football matriarch, and she's not here for her son's embellishment.

I. Don't. Make. Fried foods. I sautéed fish, shrimps, scallops with olive oil.

Last time I made fried chicken was Feb

Don't believe him. https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/870799803319562241

So who, in this game of mom says, son says, do we believe? Eli, who put the fried-food claim at "100 percent true," said he gained the pounds to avoid getting pushed around in physical meetings with opposing wideouts. Annie elaborated in her Twitter defense that rice is a staple of her cooking. Anyone who's attempted a healthy bulk has turned to the complex carb at one point or another. But was it steamed or fried?

Annie reiterated her innocence as the family chef, but we might need a sit-down with the two Apples to settle this once and for all. We can wait and wonder. It's cutting season, anyway.

Not a team player obviously, first Backham, now Apple is fighting his own mother?

This team is a wreck made up of non team players who shouldnt be on the Gints.

Guess it's been a long offseason for the media.

Holy Christ...this got published somewhere? Does anyone really give a fuck?

Unfortunately yes.....its called cross marketing....its why 5 of the last 6 Super Bowl half time acts have been all about drawing vags to the game:

Lady Gaga

Coldplay

Katy Perry

Bruno Mars (who is cool)

Beynounce

Madonna

C. Wagon

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately yes.....its called cross marketing....its why 5 of the last 6 Super Bowl half time acts have been all about drawing vags to the game:

Lady Gaga

Coldplay

Katy Perry

Bruno Mars (who is cool)

Beynounce

Madonna

C. Wagon

If you where to choose a food that most closely tastes like vagina what would that food be?

If you where to choose a food that most closely tastes like vagina what would that food be?

It is a fairly unique flavor First. I am not sure there is a close similar taste....unless you are really, really drunk and its a Carny chick...in which case it is definitely funnel cake.....as near as I can remember.

C. Wagon

It is a fairly unique flavor First. I am not sure there is a close similar taste....unless you are really, really drunk and its a Carny chick...in which case it is definitely funnel cake.....as near as I can remember.

C. Wagon

Funnel cake with or without powdered sugar?

Disregard the argument over fried chicken. As I posted, the kid can make grilled cheese now, he's good. I assume he can bake some fries in the oven or toaster oven, thus his diet will be fine. Once in awhile, he can sub-in some chicken tenders instead of grilled cheese, or perhaps some mac & cheese. LOL

• 3 weeks later...