SportsWrath

When are the networks going to learn?

Sephiroth

It's a shame what NFL Network has become.

They used to have real football talk with former coaches and experts.

Rich Eison, Brian Billick, that little twerp twitter guy who always has braking news before players even knew about it, Dick Vermille, Dan Reeves.

It used to be about talking football, infroming the viewer about schemes and offensive plays, going deeper than what was said during game commentary.

NFL Films has some of the best documentary spanning the early days to the current day of football that would play.

Playbook game film analysis was some of the best TV on there where they would break down play by plays of whole games.

Now it's just "LETS SEE WHAT PLAYERS ARE SAYING ON TWITTER HERRRPA DURPA DOOOO"

It's a shame what NFL Network has become.

They used to have real football talk with former coaches and experts.

Rich Eison, Brian Billick, that little twerp twitter guy who always has braking news before players even knew about it, Dick Vermille, Dan Reeves.

It used to be about talking football, infroming the viewer about schemes and offensive plays, going deeper than what was said during game commentary.

NFL Films has some of the best documentary spanning the early days to the current day of football that would play.

Playbook game film analysis was some of the best TV on there where they would break down play by plays of whole games.

Now it's just "LETS SEE WHAT PLAYERS ARE SAYING ON TWITTER HERRRPA DURPA DOOOO"

Adam Schefter.

Deion Sanders is the worst.....WORST......on NFL Network. "21 and Prime". Fuck that. Michael Irvin and LaDanian Tomlinson run a close 2nd. I didn't even know steve Smith was on there until this thread.

Some of the women make nice eye candy, but the only one worth a damn knowledge-wise is Kay Adams, and maybe....MAYBE......Colleen Wolfe.

Adam Schefter.

Deion Sanders is the worst.....WORST......on NFL Network. "21 and Prime". Fuck that. Michael Irvin and LaDanian Tomlinson run a close 2nd. I didn't even know steve Smith was on there until this thread.

Some of the women make nice eye candy, but the only one worth a damn knowledge-wise is Kay Adams, and maybe....MAYBE......Colleen Wolfe.

That's the guy, I never liked him seemed like a world class cuck.

However I have to give it to him, he has his ear in every single teams FO, fuck he usually ends up breaking news before most teams know about their own business.

I remember when he had some information about a player about to be cut by the Chiefs I think it was, and the Chiefs came out saying "Oh he's full of shit he doesn't know anything"

And like two days later the Chiefs cut said player lol

I don't mind the women on the show, they are basically taking the place for Rich Eisen since he cant be on every single hour of the day. I just feel like they try to get them involved more in the discussion when they are just there to mediate and push the conversation forward, like Rich did all the time. So it's obvious when they don't know what the fuck they are talking about, but like I said I put that more on the shows producers or whatever, not on the eye candy.

Unfortunately that bullshit sells. I know so many people who love the stupid first take type shows that sometimes I think it's just me. I only turn sports channel shows on for the games and its prob been like that for ten years now

PTI was the first head-to-head debate type show and I think they did it well. First take was, is, and always will be just a bunch of blowhards yelling at each other. Around The Horn fell somewhere inbetween. All three ran the same topics of the day. I think they would've done well to alternate some of them. PTI on M, W, F...and ATH on T, Th...something like that. But alas, it got to be too much of the same thing.

As for NFL network, I enjoyed the play by play breakdowns too. As much as Jaworski annoys the shit out of me, his show that used to run on ESPN or NFL Network with Merrel Hodge was a good one. They broke down tape and it was fun to watch. While I played my share of sports growing up and held my own at my level of competition, I knew even then that I was a classroom kid as opposed to field/court kid. So the science and scheming behind an NFL play has always intrigued me...as much as the 325 lb, 6'7 mountain of a human running a sub 5-second 40 impresses me.

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Schefter.

remember the Irving and Sapp "THE UUUUUUUUUU " bullshit they would shout out when a player from University of Miami would make a play?