SportsWrath

Official bring Chad Johnson to the Giants thread

so-cal dub

Unless we ar going to offer him a contract that rivals the one that Clements got in San Fran, I don't see him coming here. He wouldnt fit in he's a "me" player, acouple years ago he was Cinci's only receiver and he thought he was the big shit of the team. But last year and this year when T.J. Houseofvanilla started to come out he realized he wasnt as big as he thought he was and he is starting to get up there in age.

I think Chad thinks he is going to get a Randy Moss type of situation, where he can get in with some competing team like the Pats. Unfortunately unlike Moss, Moss knowns to keep his mouth shut and play...where Chad just keeps on flapping his.

I'd like an offseason where every poster doesn't post a "we should sign _________" thread.

"...you know, we should sign Brady Quinn...we need a backup for Eli."

"...you know we should hire Bill Cowhler...Tom Coughlin sucks!"

"...you know we should sign John Lynch...we do need a veteran safety..."

The XBox 360 Madden '08 era. I love it. Franchise mode.

Personally, I'd love to have him. But he'd be coming to a team similar to the situation he is in, a 1A receiver with Plax being 1B. Just like he and Housh are right now. Why would he want to come to a situation where he is not the clear best receiver and with a lesser QB?

Word is he wants out of Cincinnati. Think how awesome our receivers would be... Plax, Johnson, and Smith. Very tasty. :drool:

WTF ARE YOU CLUELESS????? HES ALREADY HERE DUDE JESUS CHRIST GO LOOK :doh:

DUHHHHHHHHH!

I posted a link in an earler thread talking about how Javon Walker and Chad Johnson both could be traded. I like Walker better, because he is a little bigger of a target than CJ I believe, not a headcase at all (that we know of), and would come significantly cheaper, both in the trade market and in dollars. I think he would fit in GREAT on our team, unlike CJ whose ego would crowd the locker room. Would he be a big playmaker? Sure he would. But IMO Walker would be too, is cheaper, and less of a headache.

It's amazing how everybody always want to get rid of Toomer. Every year he's too old but every year he produces. This team has other issues and a WR isn't one of them.

Wulfgar, I hear you dude. Toomer is great and I don't know any Giants fan who doesn't appreciate him. But the reality is that he is no longer a downfield threat and he also led the league in drops this year, something I put partially on him and partially on Eli. I love Toomer, but he is not a weapon that other teams are that concerned about. Really, teams only have to worry about Plaxico (and Shockey when healthy) hurting them through the air in our offense. It's not that we wouldn't be fine with the status quo. But to become a truly dangerous offensive team a la the Colts or Chargers, we need to upgrade that #2 WR position to someone that stretches the field and is more of a playmaker than Toomer.

Wulfgar, I hear you dude. Toomer is great and I don't know any Giants fan who doesn't appreciate him. But the reality is that he is no longer a downfield threat and he also led the league in drops this year, something I put partially on him and partially on Eli. I love Toomer, but he is not a weapon that other teams are that concerned about. Really, teams only have to worry about Plaxico (and Shockey when healthy) hurting them through the air in our offense. It's not that we wouldn't be fine with the status quo. But to become a truly dangerous offensive team a la the Colts or Chargers, we need to upgrade that #2 WR position to someone that stretches the field and is more of a playmaker than Toomer.

That is why he is so effective.

Talk about a lockeroom politician? Thanks, but no thanks.

When I read that 8 draft picks from 2007 all made and contribute to the team and 4 of our last 5 first rounders start and we are upwards of 20 mil under the 2008 cap I have no desire to ruin that with some self serving POS like Ocho Cinco. Plus, imagine you are PLAX, you play an entire year on a torn ankle and they bring this guy in for what will be more money?

I see the start of good things with Reese and his ability to scout talent and keep the team with good depth. I think I like that router better than big ticket free agents.

Talk about a lockeroom politician? Thanks, but no thanks.

When I read that 8 draft picks from 2007 all made and contribute to the team and 4 of our last 5 first rounders start and we are upwards of 20 mil under the 2008 cap I have no desire to ruin that with some self serving POS like Ocho Cinco. Plus, imagine you are PLAX, you play an entire year on a torn ankle and they bring this guy in for what will be more money?

I see the start of good things with Reese and his ability to scout talent and keep the team with good depth. I think I like that router better than big ticket free agents.

I sure as hell would have loved the Giants to sign a big time safety

like Bob Sanders, but the Colts and wisely so didn't let him see the

light of free agency.

I sure as hell would have loved the Giants to sign a big time safety

like Bob Sanders, but the Colts and wisely so didn't let him see the

light of free agency.

You know, me and my buddy said the same thing, but don't you see Michael Johnson as a potential starter down the road?

How about Brian Dawkins if he is cut on a small 2 year deal to mentor the kids and help us?

You know, me and my buddy said the same thing, but don't you see Michael Johnson as a potential starter down the road?

How about Brian Dawkins if he is cut on a small 2 year deal to mentor the kids and help us?

I'd have to see more from Johnson and I'm in the minority but I

personally think that Gibril Wilson is completely useless. All he ever does

is tackle high, but we could have Roy Williams in our secondary.

You bet your ass I'd take Dawkins if he ever left the Eagles. As much as I

cannot stand him, the guy is a great football player and isn't a lockerroom

cancer.

Nnamdi Asomugha would look very good in blue (or red) but I guess safety is a bigger concern. He would also fulfill our hard to pronounce defensive player signings for the year.