SportsWrath

OBJ

Blindgreed1

You do realize Odell is his name don't you? It's Odell Beckham Jr or OBJ, not ODB. :) And honestly, I disagree that he is the least of the Giants worries. Homie has a year left on his contract and the Giants are in shambles. His "me first" frame of mind leads me to believe he won't be in NY come 2019. Barring some kind of miracle, the G-Men have at least 2 years of rebuilding (and a QB) before they can be competitive in the NFC East again.

We, Giants fans on this board at least, decided on ODB when he was first drafted... It's much better than OBJ.

The kid got 1 year left (I'm not sure if we have 1 5th year option on top of that or this would be his 5th... ). Nonetheless the kid is still a kid and will mature.. he's not a me first.. he's not a diva... he plays hard and like I said he's still a kid. If I'm the GM, ODB is nothing to worry about.

LBJ has a great instinctual football mind. The antics will go away and he will be a Giant for a long time. Theyve had their share of Divas. LT, Shockey- so has the Eagles. They might even have them now. As Madden says: Winning is a great deodorant...

He doesn't have a "me first" frame of mind. Terrell Owens had that, and so did Randy Moss, and so does Antionio Brown. Those guys lose their mind if they don't have the ball. Beckham never complains about his QB, his teammates, or whatever awful game plan HackAdoo has put together for the week. Look for any quote of Odell calling out anybody... you won't find it.

Beckham is a good teammate, he's just more than a little weird and high strung.

He won't be in NY in 2019. Balee dat.

LBJ has a great instinctual football mind. The antics will go away and he will be a Giant for a long time. Theyve had their share of Divas. LT, Shockey- so has the Eagles. They might even have them now. As Madden says: Winning is a great deodorant...

I fail to see how the Kennedy assassination has anything to do with the topic at hand

He doesn't have a "me first" frame of mind. Terrell Owens had that, and so did Randy Moss, and so does Antionio Brown. Those guys lose their mind if they don't have the ball. Beckham never complains about his QB, his teammates, or whatever awful game plan HackAdoo has put together for the week. Look for any quote of Odell calling out anybody... you won't find it.

Beckham is a good teammate, he's just more than a little weird and high strung.

I can relate... I know I never played at the pro level but you are who you are whether it's High School or the pros... I used to be high strung... I remember having to be talked to by the gym manager in downtown Brooklyn after I grabbed the basketball and kicked it so hard across the basketball court it almost shattered the glass on the 2nd floor caferia where people would sit and can watch us down below playing basketball... I'd gotten so upset over a pick up game where I felt no one was taking the game seriously enough... I cursed everyone out and muttered something that sounded like "if you're not here to fucking play, don't fucking show up".... I'd been known in the gym to be fiery and played my heart out... basically I was the kid who would dive to save the ball from going out of bounds... in a pick up game.... I was the kind who when we played 2 hand touch, I touched the guy who caught the ball so hard he got knocked on his behind and the ball was dislodged... none of that shit was intentional... I just played with fire... so much so that teams would pick me not because I was the most talented but because they'd rather not play against me.... Despite being the smallest guy on the field I was referred to as "big man"... and one opponent said "man he plays like the biggest guy on the field".... I can relate...

I once attacked a guy more than twice my size for tackling me hard from behind in a soccer game when the ball wasn't even in my possession which I thought was very cheap... That was in the Army mind you... my company commander had to intervene yelling "At Ease, Soldier"... I didn't hear any of it.. they had to restrain my little ass... I can relate...

ODB is the LEAST of our problems. He will get resigned to a lucrative contract he has earned....

I can relate.

It's hard to say. It'll all depend on the opinion of the new GM and HC. I personally wouldn't get rid of him but those people don't even exist at their jobs yet, so who knows.

I don't think anybody will be trying to "get rid of him" I think he will seek employment elsewhere. It goes with my whole "me first" theory.

I don't think anybody will be trying to "get rid of him" I think he will seek employment elsewhere. It goes with my whole "me first" theory.

If it's up to him he certainly might. New York being the media Giant that it is though will probably play heavily in his decision... it's the biggest market in the country, and I don't think it's a coincidence that guys like Phil Simms and Joe Namath are still able to make careers out of being former football players.

If it's up to him he certainly might. New York being the media Giant that it is though will probably play heavily in his decision... it's the biggest market in the country, and I don't think it's a coincidence that guys like Phil Simms and Joe Namath are still able to make careers out of being former football players.

I think the whole NYC argument is overplayed... Guys like Troy Aikman and even Trent Dilfer made careers post football... Peyton Manning... and you can name many others... I just think he stays because NY is his team and the money will be right...

I think the whole NYC argument is overplayed... Guys like Troy Aikman and even Trent Dilfer made careers post football... Peyton Manning... and you can name many others... I just think he stays because NY is his team and the money will be right...

Football is a national sport so it doesn't really matter which team you're on IF they have a QB (in the case of WR's). I'd rather be in Green Bay with Rogers than the Jets with whatshisname

Football is a national sport so it doesn't really matter which team you're on IF they have a QB (in the case of WR's). I'd rather be in Green Bay with Rogers than the Jets with whatshisname

That's kind of where I was coming from. Giants don't have a QB coming up behind Eli. And the needs of the team is a pretty long laundry list.

• 2 months later...