SportsWrath

Breaking News

Sephiroth

I think he got paid quite handsomely...

Its the NFL, everyone is paid handsomely. Even guys who feel the need to shoplift (one more reason to root against the Cowboys).

As for Kiwi, he took a pay cut this off-season so the Giants are only on the hook for about $2 million this year, which is about right IMO. He's due over $4 million next season though, so I expect him to be cut after 2014.

Its the NFL, everyone is paid handsomely. Even guys who feel the need to shoplift (one more reason to root against the Cowboys).

As for Kiwi, he took a pay cut this off-season so the Giants are only on the hook for about $2 million this year, which is about right IMO. He's due over $4 million next season though, so I expect him to be cut after 2014.

I forgot about the paycut...

Yeah dallas' oline is really good. Its like the giants oline in 07-12.

Dont know why the giants forgot that guys get old and didnt draft some good o linemen in the earlier rounds of the draft those years...its like "our oline is awesome, we dont need to maintain that position, lets get a wr."

Im really puzzled by the moves/drafts the giants have had after the imgrate retired.

Say what you want about ea..but he was a pretty good talent evaluator and made some savvy moves.

It was his team that won the super bowl in 07-08.

Im sure he was in reeses ear for the 07 draft although he was no longer the gm. He definitely schooled reese for that draft

Yeah dallas' oline is really good. Its like the giants oline in 07-12.

Dont know why the giants forgot that guys get old and didnt draft some good o linemen in the earlier rounds of the draft those years...its like "our oline is awesome, we dont need to maintain that position, lets get a wr."

They did draft guys in the later rounds... just none of them panned out. In theory you should be able to get at least a decent backup in rounds 4-7 on the O-line, but the guys we got all pretty much sucked or got injured.

Reese falls in love two much with the measurables of a guy and not whether or not he can actually play. This year looks to be a little different of a draft philosophy so we'll see how this class pans out... early returns look decent.

They did draft guys in the later rounds... just none of them panned out. In theory you should be able to get at least a decent backup in rounds 4-7 on the O-line, but the guys we got all pretty much sucked or got injured.

Reese falls in love two much with the measurables of a guy and not whether or not he can actually play. This year looks to be a little different of a draft philosophy so we'll see how this class pans out... early returns look decent.

Often when people are promoted they attempt to bring with them and/or maintain the same mindset as they had in their previous positions. He brought a scouts' mindset to the general manager position... I think he finally realized this year that is a recipe for not selecting well longterm.

A lot of the recent misses are on Marc Ross, too. The buck stops at Reese, but as the VP of Scouting, Ross' opinion has to weigh very heavy. Anyone watching Finding Giants on NFL Network? Did you see the scout that picked a school to visit because the have the best candy spread? I mean, really? I think it was Elon, too... And he was going there to look at one guy... And get free candy.

A lot of the recent misses are on Marc Ross, too. The buck stops at Reese, but as the VP of Scouting, Ross' opinion has to weigh very heavy. Anyone watching Finding Giants on NFL Network? Did you see the scout that picked a school to visit because the have the best candy spread? I mean, really? I think it was Elon, too... And he was going there to look at one guy... And get free candy.

Yes, I saw that episode and had the same thought. I only caught the candy part at first, so was thinking which one is it,'FSU? Clemson? Alabama?... then I found out it was fucking Elon. Fucking idiot. But I'm guessing thats why he's 60 and still on the road.

But the Giants have tried to find some OL in the middle rounds over the years, like Seph was saying those guys just haven't panned out. We have Herman, there was Petrus, Brewer, Mosley, and McCants. That's a lot of misses, all in the last 5 drafts. That's a lot of misses. And that's why we are now counting on free agency and early round picks.

:D :chair:

I can't watch that show, it's 3 minutes of footage followed by 8 minutes of commercial.I tried, and the series was semi-interesting, but for a half hour show that only shows 12 minutes of footage, I'd rather wait for it to inevitably end up on youtube.

DVR is your friend. It definitely isn't as in depth as I was hoping but it is nice to see some inner workings of the Giants.

Yeah was expecting a lot more. Got "we pegged Beckham from the beginning of the draft process ,but in case he wasn't there we had a backup plan" It was like really? Thanks for the inside info and like Storm said it ends up being like a 12 minute show