SportsWrath

Bold predictions.

Sephiroth

until Sunday evening, I wouldn't have found that to be a very bold prediction. But fuck me, the Cowboys look like contenders.

Have to admit, I like the way they've focused on the offensive line. Not that I want to see them succeed, but if I were to do it, I like to think thats how I would have done it too.

Like I told my best friend who's a boys fan.. the boys went back to what got them those trophies back in the 90s.... they quietly built a solid OL, they protected their QB who's better than any QB Dallas has ever had at least in my time watching football, they have a powerful running back who puts Emmit hiarline smith to shame and they have another #88 making ridiculous catches... the boys are for real which is I'm going to step out of my shell and predict a Giants win... why? Because we're a proud organization and after shitting the bed on National TV, and with all the other factors, the Giants will come out on top.. I can't tell you how or what INTs or fumbles because I just suck at that kind of crystal ball stuff. The Giants have to win... this one coming up is a must win. And JPP and every fucking player better keep their traps shut the rest of the year... "do your job".

until Sunday evening, I wouldn't have found that to be a very bold prediction. But fuck me, the Cowboys look like contenders.

Have to admit, I like the way they've focused on the offensive line. Not that I want to see them succeed, but if I were to do it, I like to think thats how I would have done it too.

All bets are off when NFCE teams play. Take your stats, your lucky shirt and the anylists opinions and wipe your ass with em. Anything goes and I say the Giants are hungry coming off the loss in Philly and the Cowballs will be scrubbing another Manning autograph off the visitors lockeroom wall come Monday morning. Eli's going to have a big day exposing the cowballs secondary for what it is.

All bets are off when NFCE teams play. Take your stats, your lucky shirt and the anylists opinions and wipe your ass with em. Anything goes and I say the Giants are hungry coming off the loss in Philly and the Cowballs will be scrubbing another Manning autograph off the visitors lockeroom wall come Monday morning. Eli's going to have a big day exposing the cowballs secondary for what it is.

Seattle doesn't have good WR's and no ones seemed to notice

I hope you're right. I cannot believe Orlando Scandrick is still in the league, that guy has got to be the worst starting cornerback in the NFL. But without Cruz, I have a hard time seeing the Giants as a team that can exploit a weak secondary. But maybe if Randle gets his head right and Beckham turns out to be a Pro Bowl caliber player the Giants will be able to weather the loss of Cruz.

Seattle doesn't have good WR's and no ones seemed to notice

I don't know, I thought that was the reason why everyone was predicting the Cowboys to make it a good game in Seattle. Harvin is a weapon, but he can't post up a defensive back and make a play downfield, and there's really nobody else. So Seattle can't exploit a defense that is heavy in the front seven and weak on the back end.

I hope you're right. I cannot believe Orlando Scandrick is still in the league, that guy has got to be the worst starting cornerback in the NFL. But without Cruz, I have a hard time seeing the Giants as a team that can exploit a weak secondary. But maybe if Randle gets his head right and Beckham turns out to be a Pro Bowl caliber player the Giants will be able to weather the loss of Cruz.

I don't know, I thought that was the reason why everyone was predicting the Cowboys to make it a good game in Seattle. Harvin is a weapon, but he can't post up a defensive back and make a play downfield, and there's really nobody else. So Seattle can't exploit a defense that is heavy in the front seven and weak on the back end.

Maybe Randle can now play his natural slot position ...cause he sure sucks as a flanker...

I don't see Randle as a slot guy. Tall, big bodied, long strides... I doubt thats his game.... but maybe Beckham though.

Randle strikes me as neither a #1 or a slot.. kindda ok WR but not starter material... my type of WR would be a Dez Bryant type who goes up for the ball and is physical.

I'll say it.

I think the oline has gotten to the stage of inconsistency, rather than just bad play.

We're a young line, so there's going to be inconsistencies--and Sunday brought them back to reality. If the defense can limit Murray, and Akumara can stay with Bryant; which we can do barring another Fewell brain fart, we'll win.

Not easy, but I don't think our dline is as bad as it showed Sunday night, and is should be able to stand up against their line.

Like I told my best friend who's a boys fan.. the boys went back to what got them those trophies back in the 90s.... they quietly built a solid OL, they protected their QB who's better than any QB Dallas has ever had at least in my time watching football, they have a powerful running back who puts Emmit hiarline smith to shame and they have another #88 making ridiculous catches... the boys are for real which is I'm going to step out of my shell and predict a Giants win... why? Because we're a proud organization and after shitting the bed on National TV, and with all the other factors, the Giants will come out on top.. I can't tell you how or what INTs or fumbles because I just suck at that kind of crystal ball stuff. The Giants have to win... this one coming up is a must win. And JPP and every fucking player better keep their traps shut the rest of the year... "do your job".

Not sure I'd go that far. And I don't believe he will stay healthy for the remainder of the season. Dez has made some good plays this year, but that's his MO. He's 19th in the league for dropped passes right now, but I anticipate him climbing higher up that chart as we move closer to November.

Lets take an objective look at the Giants/Cowboys game:

Cowboys O vs. Giants D

EDGE: Cowboys

Giants O vs. Cowboys D

EDGE: Cowboys (a huge edge if the O-line doesn't show up again)

Giants vs. Dallas Special Teams

EDGE: C'mon, you're not fucking serious are you?

The Giants have no shot in this game. None.

We are the best of the mediocre teams. The Cowboys are not a mediocre team.

I don't see Randle as a slot guy. Tall, big bodied, long strides... I doubt thats his game.... but maybe Beckham though.

Yeah that's the problem...he has a flanker type body...but is more of a slot type receiver... Its one reason why I was never high on him...

Lets take an objective look at the Giants/Cowboys game:

Cowboys O vs. Giants D

EDGE: Cowboys

Giants O vs. Cowboys D

EDGE: Cowboys (a huge edge if the O-line doesn't show up again)

Giants vs. Dallas Special Teams

EDGE: C'mon, you're not fucking serious are you?

The Giants have no shot in this game. None.

We are the best of the mediocre teams. The Cowboys are not a mediocre team.

We got 'em where we need em :flex:

I'll say it.

I think the oline has gotten to the stage of inconsistency, rather than just bad play.

We're a young line, so there's going to be inconsistencies--and Sunday brought them back to reality. If the defense can limit Murray, and Akumara can stay with Bryant; which we can do barring another Fewell brain fart, we'll win.

Not easy, but I don't think our dline is as bad as it showed Sunday night, and is should be able to stand up against their line.

It's like the coaches went...you know would what work great against a team that likes to blitz, the west coast offense that we supposedly run. Quick slants, flat routes, bubble screens will really hurt them...but they'll be expecting it so luckily we still have Gilbride's playbook around and we'll have Eli take seven step drops and hold the ball while our WR's all run fly routes

Yeah that's the problem...he has a flanker type body...but is more of a slot type receiver... Its one reason why I was never high on him...

I get your point. Maybe he'll improve, but right now I'm not sure he does anything well enough to be any one thing. In a good WR squad, he's an extra body.

It's like the coaches went...you know would what work great against a team that likes to blitz, the west coast offense that we supposedly run. Quick slants, flat routes, bubble screens will really hurt them...but they'll be expecting it so luckily we still have Gilbride's playbook around and we'll have Eli take seven step drops and hold the ball while our WR's all run fly routes

:LMAO: Probably true... and too sad to even talk about... Straight out of the Giants Handbook handed down from Mara The First... if it is working ...stop doing it and then try to outsmart your opponent by doing something else... :LMAO:

:LMAO: