SportsWrath

Bold predictions.

Sephiroth

Well, its that time of year again. The time to make our bold predictions on how the Giants season will play out.

I mean, honestly, I guess most of you can just skip this. Number one, you're too big of pussies to put your money where your mouth is, and number two, I'm never wrong in my predictions anyway, so why bother trying to compete, right? Still, I hope some of you at least try to make this interesting.

So anyways, on to my bold predictions for this season.

1. The Giants are going to have a winning season. Yeah, that's right bitches, you heard it here first. We're going 9-7 this year, if not 10-6. It might not be good enough for a playoff berth, but it'll be good enough for contract extensions to those Giants regulars you know and love like Eli Manning, Tom Coughlin, and Jerry Reese. Plus, Eli Manning only plays well once very four seasons, so he's right on schedule.

2. The offense is going to be pretty bad until October. Remember how long it took that Steve Spagnuolo guy to mold that top-ranked defense? Yeah, that was with about 5% roster turnover. The Giants have something like 40 new guys on the team, and its going to take a while for them to learn a new system. Expect bad things in September before the boys get the hang of it. That being said...

3. We'll finally have a running game. Expect McAdoo to lean on the three-headed monster of Jennings, Williams, and Peyton Hillis for the first few weeks of the season while the O-line gets used to each other and their new assignments.

4. This will be a typical Giants season in that we'll come out of the gate quickly (record-wise), then falter down the stretch. Our defense will keep us alive in the first third of the season, but then with a murderer's row of games in October against the Eagles, Cowboys, Colts, Seahawks, and Niners, we'll be falling to below .500 in a hurry. However, the offense will be coming alive at just the right time... its just that our competition will be that much tougher.

5. DRC will be everything he was advertised as. We're going to have a shut-down corner this season. Belee - dat.

I'm thinking 8-8 , mainly because i believe that we will actually have a decent D .

However this Offense worries me a lot.

If we can sucessfully run the ball early on in the season then there is hope i suppose ......and the passing game may come good ......in time.( but im not that hopeful )

I just think it will be a long season and we will struggle to put points on the board .....Playoffs very unlikely. ( IMO )

But in the NFC Least ...you never know !

Eli finishes with a high completion percentage, low number of INTs but also a low number of TDs.

I think Eli has an "Alex Smith" type of season, MacAttack gives Eli a lot of check down options prompting Eli to have a high completion percentage by years end. However since the defense allows Eli to just throw safe checkdown passes, and with the O-line not being able to give Eli the time he needs to push the ball downfield, he also finishes with a low number of TD passes.

I can see something like a 60% completion rate, 17 TDs and 5 INTs.

Williams becomes the "starting back" by years end

Jennings shows he has speed and quickness but also can't pick up the tough yards, Coughlin and Co are impressed by Williams being a work horse type of back who will just run forward for 4+ yards. Williams is eventually put into the game for the bulk of the carries and Jennings is used as a third down chance of pace back.

OBJ doesnt play till week 6 or 7, but when he touches the field his presence is felt

OBJ with his lingering hammy issues and the fact he hasnt had any practice time to learn the playbook, doesnt get any real starting experience till week 6 of the season. When he does get on the field he soon makes an immediate impact in either the return game or passing game. Finishes with a TD in every game when he finally gets on the field.

JPP plays lights out then signs a contract with the Cardinals for 95 million dollars

JPP returns to his 2011 form and puts up a 14+ sack season and is considered for comeback player/defensive MVP. However since it's his contract year he follows the money to some team willing to pay him 10+ million a season, since he "likdededed da money"

Extremely bold tasting spicy nacho prediction: Eli or Coughlin are gone next season.

With the owners breathing down JRs neck to rebuild this team into something competative, after another dismal sub par season barely reaching the .500 mark, JR either "retires" Coughlin, or trades Eli to the Rams for a couple picks.

6-10

NY Rangers camp opens in less than 3 weeks!

Lol, and I got a pennant race (with the other Giants) that hopefully takes me deep into October. I've not watched a stitch of pre-season so I can't predict (not that pre-season means a lick) but I don't feel confident after last year.

Eli finishes with a high completion percentage, low number of INTs but also a low number of TDs.

I think Eli has an "Alex Smith" type of season, MacAttack gives Eli a lot of check down options prompting Eli to have a high completion percentage by years end. However since the defense allows Eli to just throw safe checkdown passes, and with the O-line not being able to give Eli the time he needs to push the ball downfield, he also finishes with a low number of TD passes.

I can see something like a 60% completion rate, 17 TDs and 5 INTs.

Williams becomes the "starting back" by years end

Jennings shows he has speed and quickness but also can't pick up the tough yards, Coughlin and Co are impressed by Williams being a work horse type of back who will just run forward for 4+ yards. Williams is eventually put into the game for the bulk of the carries and Jennings is used as a third down chance of pace back.

OBJ doesnt play till week 6 or 7, but when he touches the field his presence is felt

OBJ with his lingering hammy issues and the fact he hasnt had any practice time to learn the playbook, doesnt get any real starting experience till week 6 of the season. When he does get on the field he soon makes an immediate impact in either the return game or passing game. Finishes with a TD in every game when he finally gets on the field.

JPP plays lights out then signs a contract with the Cardinals for 95 million dollars

JPP returns to his 2011 form and puts up a 14+ sack season and is considered for comeback player/defensive MVP. However since it's his contract year he follows the money to some team willing to pay him 10+ million a season, since he "likdededed da money"

Extremely bold tasting spicy nacho prediction: Eli or Coughlin are gone next season.

With the owners breathing down JRs neck to rebuild this team into something competative, after another dismal sub par season barely reaching the .500 mark, JR either "retires" Coughlin, or trades Eli to the Rams for a couple picks.

I could see any or all of these happening, except the JPP season.

I just have a funny feeling he's going out like Nicks.

i agree with BIC about obj. i think 3 weeks is pretty optimistic. might be a blessing in disguise if it gives washington a chance though. obj will get plenty of chances once he's healthy but this might be washington's only legit shot unless randle has his head in the clouds again

i agree with BIC about obj. i think 3 weeks is pretty optimistic. might be a blessing in disguise if it gives washington a chance though. obj will get plenty of chances once he's healthy but this might be washington's only legit shot unless randle has his head in the clouds again

This...by GOD ... I hope the Giants don't do what they normally do in that they rush a guy back...he plays hurt...and gets hurt worse or exacerbates the current injury by playing on it. :facepalm:

Lol, and I got a pennant race (with the other Giants) that hopefully takes me deep into October. I've not watched a stitch of pre-season so I can't predict (not that pre-season means a lick) but I don't feel confident after last year.

same thing here. Living in Philly, I haven't seen any preseason games so i have to rely on what I'm reading on web sites and what I hear on WFAN. And the debacles of the last few years, especially last year, have me feeling meh and feh.

The bad... I think JPP will shit the bed, the OL still needs some rebuilding with youth, the DL as a whole I'm not confident in, our WR core (while there is potential) is average at best, Beason hasn't proven he can stay healthy, and I think our safeties suck.

The good... If Beason stays helathy, i like our LBs. The RBs have potential. Eli is still good if he gets protection... and that's a big if. We do have some young pieces on the OL. Damontre should be fun to watch. Our CBs are excellent, but we must re-sign Prince now or our secondary will completely fall apart next year.

this team is smack dab in the middle of a rebuild so i don't expect much till maybe next year at the earliest

same thing here. Living in Philly, I haven't seen any preseason games so i have to rely on what I'm reading on web sites and what I hear on WFAN. And the debacles of the last few years, especially last year, have me feeling meh and feh.

The bad... I think JPP will shit the bed, the OL still needs some rebuilding with youth, the DL as a whole I'm not confident in, our WR core (while there is potential) is average at best, Beason hasn't proven he can stay healthy, and I think our safeties suck.

The good... If Beason stays helathy, i like our LBs. The RBs have potential. Eli is still good if he gets protection... and that's a big if. We do have some young pieces on the OL. Damontre should be fun to watch. Our CBs are excellent, but we must re-sign Prince now or our secondary will completely fall apart next year.

this team is smack dab in the middle of a rebuild so i don't expect much till maybe next year at the earliest

haven't heard that in a while.

I think our D gives us a chance to succeed this season... and the O will make enough plays to get us to 9 wins at least. Our D was ranked 8th last season and by all accounts it only got stronger. The only position that worries me is the DE on both ends... In my opinion this is a make or break season for JPP... is he for real or pure hype? The other side.. meh... medicore at best. I'm ok with the interior of the line and excited to see Hankin in there. In this passing league we strengthened our defensive backfield, I can see a few INTs returned for a score... We need to make a statement Monday night.. the D has to carry this team thru the first few games... after the bye, it gets tough.. but by the the O would have gotten its act together...

My bold prediction 10-6 win the division and I will leave it here because I don't want to jinx the team.

13-3 win the division

You know there will be at least those 3 games where we lose anyway.. and throw in 2 that Eli will just have terrible performance and 1 where the team catches a case of fumblitis and one where the refs just screw us over. 10-6 sir... 10-6.

Opening drive of the season ( Monday night 2.30 am UK time )

1st and 10 : Jennings (left tackle ) for 1 yard.

2nd and 9 : Manning pass incomplete ( short left ) to Randle

3rd and 9 : Manning pass incomplete ( short middle ) to Cruz

4th and 9 : Weatherford punt.

i reach for the bottle of whisky

Prediction: The offense will not be as bad as all you Chicken Littles think.

Bold Prediction: Damontre Moore is in the race for sack leader by November.

Really Bold Prediction: In Week 4, during the post-halftime kick-off, Josh Brown kicks the ball so hard that he rips the fabric of space-time, unleashing an extraterrestrial horde of jellyfish people who enslave the Earth and declare the Giants "Supreme Superbowl Overlords"!