SportsWrath

It is now official...

osi724dasack

Julian Peterson

Well I would like to get him, he can play the Weak Side, Strong Side, Middle, in a 3-4 or 4-3, and he has even played DE and SS on some plays.

what do you think? Yes he will cost lots of money, but is he worth it?

I'm a little bit more worried in the Safety/Corner depatment...but IF he was affordable, why not...

Personally im not high on Peterson. I wasnt before his injury (yea even when he was a probowler) and I wasnt high on him at all this season. He did not come back as the player he was before the injury, he didnt even show a glimpse of what he was. I dont think he will be as expensive as most people are thinking. He's a big gamble at this point. I thought he was an overrated player to begin with so obvoiusly I dont want him.

what about Mike Williams of the Bills, he was the 4th overall pick a couple years back...

he just got released Link

I wasnt surprised with this although I did think they were going to restructure his deal seeing that the cap hit was going to be a hefty one. He lost his starting job at RT to former Giants practice squader Jason Peters also a converted TE as well as an undrafted player from Alabama. They tried to move him to gaurd and he was terrible. Now McNally is their Oline coach, us Giants fans know him very well, but he is a coach that teaches finesse. Mike Williams game is anything but finesse, standing 6-6 360lbs. He has had trouble with his weight as well as injurying his back. He is a solid run blocker but he is terrible at Pass blocking. He might very well need a change of scenary, personally I dont think he ever liked playing for Buffalo.

I wasnt surprised with this although I did think they were going to restructure his deal seeing that the cap hit was going to be a hefty one. He lost his starting job at RT to former Giants practice squader Jason Peters also a converted TE as well as an undrafted player from Alabama. They tried to move him to gaurd and he was terrible. Now McNally is their Oline coach, us Giants fans know him very well, but he is a coach that teaches finesse. Mike Williams game is anything but finesse, standing 6-6 360lbs. He has had trouble with his weight as well as injurying his back. He is a solid run blocker but he is terrible at Pass blocking. He might very well need a change of scenary, personally I dont think he ever liked playing for Buffalo.

that dicription was harsh...but I know absolutely nothing about how he played up there, I wathed maybe 5 buffalo games since he has played there

Guest Floyd The Barber

we have had some real success in recent history picking up the scraps left on the heap pile by other NFL teams after they discard unwanted players...espically LB's...injured ones too...

lets stay away and build this unit from the ground up starting in this years draft by selected at the very least 2 high round LB's...

enough is enough already putting together patchwork units of guys off the street and the aging injured...

we have had some real success in recent history picking up the scraps left on the heap pile by other NFL teams after they discard unwanted players...espically LB's...injured ones too...

lets stay away and build this unit from the ground up starting in this years draft by selected at the very least 2 high round LB's...

enough is enough already putting together patchwork units of guys off the street and the aging injured...

If it werent for the Injurys our LB core would be tight....Emmons , Pierce , Green , Torbor...But!!! the Inj. have gotten out of hand we need more depth... Peterson would just add one more Inj. pron guy to the list...But the Reward of a healthy Peterson may be worth the risk

that dicription was harsh...but I know absolutely nothing about how he played up there, I wathed maybe 5 buffalo games since he has played there

That description wasn't harsh, it was 100% accurate. Williams has been a major disappointment since he's entered the league. He was drafted to be the cornerstone Left Tackle for the franchise and last year he couldn't even hold down the right side starting gig. I'm amazed as I really liked Williams coming out of Texas. He looked like a sure thing.

Guest nosebleed

The Giants have linebackers that seem to be injury prone, so why not go out and sign another linebacker who is injury prone........................... :clap::rock::TU: