SportsWrath

Your 2006 NY Giants expectations

xxi-xxv

Thank #21 for the division crown, without his heroic play, the Giants probably go 7-9. Tiki carried that Pussy for the second half of the season. Meanwhile, Pussyboy was throwing passes too high, too low, fluttering all over, then skipping to the sideline with his thumb in his mouth.

I just hope Pussyboy is attending a passing camp as we speak. :TU:

Hey guys, I don't think you know this but if we didn't win the Broncos game, that Eli won single handedly against the #2 seed in the AFC, we weren't going to the playoffs. We wouild have been 3-3, going into a crucial divisional game with no momentum. So Eli put us in position to get the division title IMO and tiki took it from there.

I just can't wait for the Colts Giants game. I know it's going to be prime time, schedule makers would be stupid not to do that. The question is when. If it's week 16 or week 17 I seriously may consider skipping my vacation to watch that game (yes im insane).

Some teams are going to improve, some teams are going to get worse and some teams are going to be the same. If we get double digit wins, we have earned it looking at the schedule now. But of course, half these teams we say will be super bowl contenders could fall apart like the eagles did.

I don't expect too many changes for the Jags, Panthers, Bucs, or Seahawks. They're all rock-solid teams that need only minor adjustment. The only way they really decline is through injuries. I can't imagine that Chicago wouldn't concentrate on offense this off-season, so they should improve. Philly will improve, they're simply not a 6-10 team, although I do think their 13-3 seasons are over.

The Colts are interesting. Their offense is going to be determined by James--does he stay or go? If he goes, how badly will he be missed? And it's going to depend on when we see them as well. Their defense started to wear down a little towards the end of the season. Freeney definitely did. So we'll see.

I don't expect too many changes for the Jags, Panthers, Bucs, or Seahawks. They're all rock-solid teams that need only minor adjustment. The only way they really decline is through injuries. I can't imagine that Chicago wouldn't concentrate on offense this off-season, so they should improve. Philly will improve, they're simply not a 6-10 team, although I do think their 13-3 seasons are over.

The Colts are interesting. Their offense is going to be determined by James--does he stay or go? If he goes, how badly will he be missed? And it's going to depend on when we see them as well. Their defense started to wear down a little towards the end of the season. Freeney definitely did. So we'll see.

If James leaves I can still see the colts winning that division and still having a prolific offense. Don't forget, they have Dominic Rhodes behind James, and Rhodes rushed for 1000 yards when James went down with is knee injury. Whille James leaving would deal them a blow, the damage might not be as bad as one would think if Rhodes can return to the form of three or four years ago...

If James leaves I can still see the colts winning that division and still having a prolific offense. Don't forget, they have Dominic Rhodes behind James, and Rhodes rushed for 1000 yards when James went down with is knee injury. Whille James leaving would deal them a blow, the damage might not be as bad as one would think if Rhodes can return to the form of three or four years ago...

Absolutely! I didn't mean to infer that they'd drop from contention, just that they'll be playing on a mortal plane again.

The thing is, they are set at nearly every position. Maybe a little help in the secondary but that can be fixed by draft. All they need to do is get James back and just win in the post-season.

Well, the Seahawks may very well lose Alexander and the Jags will be interested in signing Edge this off-season. There will be some changes for these teams.

The Giants are a young team and I think will progress as the season goes a along. Webster will be one of our starting CB's and I expect him to peak at the end of the year as he gets more experienced. I think if we had Chad Jackson or another dangerous WR to replace our nonexistent #3 WR we will have the most explosive offense in football. I expect Eli to make a "leap" this year as he puts together his reads and mechanics. We play in a tough divisions so I don't expect a great record, but it will be good enough to make the playoffs. Something along the lines of 11-5 or 10-6.

I think this Giants team will be peaking at the right time and walk away with the NFC championship.

Then we've got the superbowl and if the Giants are in it, they're my pick.

Giants 2006-2007 Superbowl Champs!

We were pretty close this year and we should only get much better next year.

Ben Roethlisberger has an average arm, it is far from strong and scouts and coaches will tell you the same thing. Eli's overall arm strength is better and that has been a known fact, Ben has been more accurate, but he does not have a stronger arm.

Rottenburger is NOT that good, he sucked in the Superbowl and the Refs gave him the win.