SportsWrath

Jack Del Rio as new DC

Nas

Has he had a season as DC with a D that wasn't near the top of the league? There's a reason he doesn't stay DC for long in between head coach opportunities.

Not sure what youre asking but he was Dc with the panthers for a year and broncos for 3. I guess youre saying Denver was good so thats not on him. If they were bad, youd like him more?

Not sure what youre asking but he was Dc with the panthers for a year and broncos for 3. I guess youre saying Denver was good so thats not on him. If they were bad, youd like him more?

Lol, I think you misunderstood.

He doesn't stay a DC for long because he's always been, as far as I can recall at least, very successful as a DC.

I'll say it again...I don't want Spags back. We went with half-assed change when McAdoo came in and it didn't do a damn thing. The whole staff and front office needs upgraded. Keeping this or that piece is only going to keep the status quo. And besides, our defense the past several years really hasn't been anything to write home about. You can talk about the linebackers, but we supposedly had a top notch secondary and defensive line...and they couldn't get it done. So while Spags has had a couple good runs with us, and I won't at all begrudge him that...his role has come to a close and it's time to kill off the character.

Regarding Del Rio, I like the hire. I like that, like Spags, he has previous head coaching experience. I think a good coordinator needs to have some level of expertise on the other side of the ball in order to fine tune their craft. I think too, that having a coaching staff working together is important. A guy with previous head coaching experience may be able to look at Shurmur and second guess him on certain things at certain times...obviously with the decision resting on the head coach. But having checks and balances like that is a wise move in my opinion. 'Yes-men' aren't always what you want.

I'll say it again...I don't want Spags back. We went with half-assed change when McAdoo came in and it didn't do a damn thing. The whole staff and front office needs upgraded. Keeping this or that piece is only going to keep the status quo. And besides, our defense the past several years really hasn't been anything to write home about. You can talk about the linebackers, but we supposedly had a top notch secondary and defensive line...and they couldn't get it done. So while Spags has had a couple good runs with us, and I won't at all begrudge him that...his role has come to a close and it's time to kill off the character.

Regarding Del Rio, I like the hire. I like that, like Spags, he has previous head coaching experience. I think a good coordinator needs to have some level of expertise on the other side of the ball in order to fine tune their craft. I think too, that having a coaching staff working together is important. A guy with previous head coaching experience may be able to look at Shurmur and second guess him on certain things at certain times...obviously with the decision resting on the head coach. But having checks and balances like that is a wise move in my opinion. 'Yes-men' aren't always what you want.

Did you stay at a holiday inn express last night? :)