SportsWrath

QB prospect comparison

Nas

I know it would be a huge risk, but I cant help but to have the feeling if we past up on that running back for a QB, we are gonna regret it for many years to come. That kid is the closest Ive seen in college to Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson. I know there is about a 97% chance we pick a QB, but I think it would be worth the risk to take him with the second pick.

Just wish we would have seen Web a little at the end of the year. At least get an idea if he is at all capable.

And that's what I alluded to in the other thread... the wild card being Webb... whom I happened to believe is the future and is as good if not better than any of the QB prospects this year.... Admittedly I don't think as highly of the RB you're talking about but that's because I'm just not good at spotting good RBs.... I didn't think much of Gurley when the Rams picked him... so there.

Telling that Webb couldn't jump past Gino all year. If they thought he was the future, he'd have gotten a shot that game.

Unless no one knows what they're doing, he didn't make enough progress.

No one seems to know wtf they were doing.. hence, they got fired.

MacAdoo was fighting for his coaching life and actually hail mary to Geno. Let that sink in for how well Webb was showing. Webb is just another Nassib.

When I see him stink up the joint in real time, I will come to that conclusion.... for now its just the same old bs of playing guys based on their draft position instead of skill and potential.

Webb might be a great QB and he might be terrible. The truth is we have no idea... but keep in mind these are the same coaches that thought Paul Perkins and John Jerry were better players than DJ Fluker and Orleans Darkwa. I'm not putting much stock into where Webb was on McAdoo's depth chart.

We do know he's very smart, has a big arm, and from all reports has a tremendous work ethic (he's already said he's not leaving the facility all offseason). Those are all great things but they unfortunately don't always translate into NFL success. We'll just have to see.

When I see him stink up the joint in real time, I will come to that conclusion.... for now its just the same old bs of playing guys based on their draft position instead of skill and potential.

This line of thinking still has to be one of the fucking dumbest I've read on here when a player isn't getting played.

Yeah the coaches who in this day and age of the NFL get fired after a single bad year, they are really going to sit someone who makes their chances of winning better.

lol

Oh well guess you gotta blame something besides the player.

This line of thinking still has to be one of the fucking dumbest I've read on here when a player isn't getting played.

Yeah the coaches who in this day and age of the NFL get fired after a single bad year, they are really going to sit someone who makes their chances of winning better.

lol

Oh well guess you gotta blame something besides the player.

Youre very mature and smart.

Well the Giants proved to be incompetent in nearly all facets this year...maybe drafting Webb was one if the few things they did right.

Not playing him might be part of the incompetence. The Giants didn't know what to do about anything this year. I take all their decisions with a grain of salt.

If Webb had stayed in grad school and put up the same numbers as he did the year prior, would he be considered one of the best QB's in this draft? I don't know..I don't know anything about college football other than it's awful. I couldn't scout a player if my life depended on it...but given the overall incompetence of the Giants this year, who knows what Webb is or could be?

And a good running back is a tremendous advantage...look at the teams in the playoffs....McCoy, gurley, the two guys on the jags et cetera. Having a top notch running back, even in this pass dominated game of today, is a tremendous asset. I wouldn't mind a stud running back with darkwa behind him